Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs...

Aberdeen league cup final tickets sold out in < 2hrs.

Despite getting less that 50% of a supposedly neutral venue for a cup final.
An extra 7.5K tickets would have gone a long way for Aberdeen fans.

Now I need to tell the kids they wont be going to the match.

Edited by Haggis_trap

• Haggis_trap changed the title to Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Haggis_trap said:

Seemingly Aberdeen got just 17K tickets for a ground that holds 52K.

Another 2.5K to follow....

Ridiculous from the league, considering they can’t sell to rangers fans to be above Aberdeen ones, can’t see why there’s an issue. 

We’ve already sent our email, so there’s hope yet. 

Edited by dandydunn

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ridiculous from the league, considering they can’t sell to rangers fans to be above Aberdeen ones, can’t see why there’s an issue. 

We’ve already sent our email, so there’s hope yet. 

In the semi final a few years back when Lewis Ferguson scored the winner we had rangers fans above us in the top section of the main stand, the pricks were throwing stuff down with nothing done to stop them. Suppose it was only a minority 🤬

7 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

In the semi final a few years back when Lewis Ferguson scored the winner we had rangers fans above us in the top section of the main stand, the pricks were throwing stuff down with nothing done to stop them. Suppose it was only a minority 🤬

Yep! 

Celtic above us in 2017, too

That's all perfectly acceptable, though - As 'diddies,' we should simply tolerate this, and STFU

Cunts

47 minutes ago, Redz said:

Yep! 

Celtic above us in 2017, too

That's all perfectly acceptable, though - As 'diddies,' we should simply tolerate this, and STFU

Cunts

I often think of sacking it, no point in supporting a league where everything is geared towards two teams and the only reason given is they have more fans.

Why do the OF need an advantage from referees? More fans in finals? When they already have a huge advantage in terms of resources and finances? 

So it seems Aberdeen were only sent initial allocation of 17k tickets in a ground that holds 52k.  Utterly disgraceful how our game is on organised for benefit of old-firm.

My two kids (age 6 & 9) now likely going to miss cup final as result. Ironically we got tix for Stirling Albion in first round but not a ground x25 bigger.

https://twitter.com/Alan_Burrows/status/1724553898965299635?t=bjD8SlSBVUa8_FQAE4jNtg&s=19

Edited by Haggis_trap

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Allowing 4 tickets per applicant seems excessive. I think the issue here lies with how the ticket sale has been handled by Aberdeen. 

That is indeed part of the issue...
I know lots of away game regulars and season ticket holders who missed out.
However, club rightly wanted to demonstrate the demand existed.
Especially with SPL not even issuing the full allocation at once.

This is meant to be a neutral venue.
Yet the Dons got an initial allocation of just 17K (in a ground that holds 52K). 
Does anyone now seriously think Aberdeen wouldn't have sold out 50% of ground?
The tiny allocation was completely sold out in 2 hours.

8 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Aberdeen didn't sell tickets to season ticket holders first?

Followed by members with an attendance record?

That can't be right? Is it? If it is, then somebody at AFC should be sacked. Clubs must reward their loyal home supporters first. If they don't hen they won't stay loyal for long. 

19 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I could be wrong but those with 200 points or more got a 24 hour window to buy 1st and then it opened up to those with an account

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I could be wrong but those with 200 points or more got a 24 hour window to buy 1st and then it opened up to those with an account

It wasn't quite 24 hrs, but yes,  you are correct, 200+ / ST's got first dibs

HT is correct, too, in that the club wanted to demonstrate the demand (on behalf of all clubs, it has to be said) and sell out quickly

The additional 2500 would have gone last night as well if they had been available

Opened up some can of worms this has

Just now, vanderark14 said:

If there are rangers fans out there who are genuinely thick enough to go into the aberdeen end, they deserve everything they get when they are outed during the game. Morons

My understanding is that the purchase history EXCLUDED individual Hun games solely 

On that basis, I doubt many of them will have swelled the attendances of Ross County at Pittodrie on a Tue night in January 

IMO, and as things stand right now.....

It's nothing more than Jingoistic, Cretinous, WATP behaviour from a bunch of neanderthals who can't get a ticket via the reincarnation they claim to support, and allowed the previous one to die

1 minute ago, Redz said:

It wasn't quite 24 hrs, but yes,  you are correct, 200+ / ST's got first dibs

HT is correct, too, in that the club wanted to demonstrate the demand (on behalf of all clubs, it has to be said) and sell out quickly

The additional 2500 would have gone last night as well if they had been available

Opened up some can of worms this has

I have seen some fans moaning about not getting any pre warning re how tickets were sold. Not true, I don't have much points, I'm not a DNA member, ST holder or shareholder and I got 4 emails from the club

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Certainly, the club f--ked up by putting tickets to general sale so early.
There was a short window for those on >200pts.  Then shortly after a general sale.
This strategy was clearly driven by desire to demonstrate to SPL that the demand that existed.

Hampden supposedly a neutral venue yet Rangers fans get the entire North Stand (length of pitch).
Meanwhile Dons get just 17K, mostly behind the goal.
Presumably SPL planned to sell the upper section to Rangers if Aberdeen hadn't sold out?

image.jpeg.bf017b8775f0daed571d2f242b47f4a7.jpeg

Edited by Haggis_trap

43 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I have seen some fans moaning about not getting any pre warning re how tickets were sold. Not true, I don't have much points, I'm not a DNA member, ST holder or shareholder and I got 4 emails from the club

Yes, absolutely 

I have a ST, AberDNA, and sit on 260 points - However, ordered ours via our supporters club down here

Like you say, there was ample communication in place across the board - Albeit, we've been short changed in terms of ticket numbers

I believe the ticket office has closed today to deal with the additional 2500 tickets, and to make sure the protocols discussed by many, did what they should have.....

8 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Certainly, the club f--ked up by putting tickets to general sale so early.
There was a short window for those on >200pts.  Then shortly after a general sale.
This strategy was clearly driven by desire to demonstrate to SPL that the demand that existed.

Hampden supposedly a neutral venue yet Rangers fans get the entire North Stand.
Even worse is that Aberdeen only actually got issued 17K tickets (most of which behind one goal).
Presumably SPL planned to sell the upper section to Rangers if Aberdeen hadn't sold out.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/sHbCsKk/image.jpg[/img]
image.jpeg.bf017b8775f0daed571d2f242b47f4a7.jpeg

Their insistence on handing over the entire North Stand is quite deliberate, and needs calling out properly

I’m in about 500 points, didn’t buy hat as we were going for a group with others below the 200 points threshold. 

They’ve emailed back today to say tickets will be distributed on ST & points, so fairly confident I’ll still get, only issue I have is, I’ve no idea how to get into the south stand 😂😂