Left back - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Left back

Hertsscot

25 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Little bit short on LB at present and Doig named in u21s. So, it will be Greg Taylor plus?

Stephen Kingsley? Any other suggestions?

Personally id only play Kingsley as LCB. He is the best like for like replacement for Tierney.

Surprised Doig hasnt been called up given Taylor is the only established LB left in the squad.

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

The left-backs will be Kingsley and Taylor, that's my prediction.

Personally I'd rather see Doig called-up though.

I can't see Kingsley coming in at all. Doesn't seem like something Clarke would do to me. Kingsley is 29 playing for an SPFL sideout with the OF. Doig is 21 playing in Serie A

12 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I’d nearly play Kingsley ahead of Greg Taylor, Taylor is that pish. 

There’s some drop off from Robbo, Tierney & Hickey to Taylor - he was absolute mince tonight too v Atletico 

I can't think of many times where Taylor has been pish for Scotland. 

Taylor was far from Celtic's biggest issue last night. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't see Kingsley coming in at all. Doesn't seem like something Clarke would do to me. Kingsley is 29 playing for an SPFL sideout with the OF. Doig is 21 playing in Serie A

Looks like you were right!

Fair play to Clarke. Young Doig deserves his chance. 👍

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Harsh days when your best goalie is 2nd choice at Rangers. 

The goalie situation in this squad is really bad. I'd have called-up Laidlaw from Ross County. He's probably no better than Clark or Kelly but at least he's getting plenty of practice at the moment!

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Pleased to see Doig in but not sure why he was picked in the u21s the previous day. Have I missed something?

He captains the U21s, I think, so naturally he'd be one of the first names listed. I don't know how much communication goes on behind the scenes between Clarke and Gemmill though - this suggests not much!

In any case, the important thing is he's in the senior squad, and deservedly so.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

He captains the U21s, I think, so naturally he'd be one of the first names listed. I don't know how much communication goes on behind the scenes between Clarke and Gemmill though - this suggests not much!

Exactly but you'd like to think they talked to one another!

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

In any case, the important thing is he's in the senior squad, and deservedly so.

Maybe Clarke left Doig in the under 21 while he was tapping up Livramento's mother while he playing in the champions League😆