Where are you based in Germany? - Page 7 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying out for the opener. EasyJet from Gatwick. Two nights in Munich.

Back home Saturday, work Monday.

Fly to Düsseldorf on Tuesday. Eurowings from Heathrow, two nights in Cologne.

Depending on if I get tickets for other games in the Rhur we’re going to stay in Bochum and Düsseldorf before heading to Stuttgart for two nights.

If I don’t get tickets, we are going to head to Nuremberg for a couple of nights before heading to Stuttgart. 

Fly back to Heathrow on the Monday. Hopefully having booked our flights for the last 16. 

Cannot wait! 

J

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I assumed Munich and Cologne would be expensive and problematic to get accommodation, but f**k me Stuttgart's off the scale.

Try Ulm or Karlsruhe in the Baden-Württemberg area. All surrounding area if Stuttgart and far cheaper digs

• 3 weeks later...

Flying from Edinburgh to Munich, via Paris on Thu 13th June. Staying in Munich till Sun 16th June and will get the train to Cologne that day, staying 5 nights there. Then onto Stuttgart on Fri 21st June, staying 4 nights there. Flying back home to Edinburgh from Stuttgart, via Amsterdam on Tue 25th June.

The 2nd round STARTS the weekend after Stuttgart/Hungary.

For us, I believe it would be one of these...

1 JULY - DORTMUND

2 JULY - BERLIN

3 JULY - COLOGNE, FRANKFURT or MUNICH

After Stuttgart/Hungary, how are you's gonna play it?

Edited by Rich NATA

On 12/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, Grim Jim said:

I'm in Mannheim for a day and a half ☹️   I'm sure we'll find something, even a sports bar to watch a game or two.

It'll be fine. We were in Mannheim for the Scotland B match about 20 years ago and had a good night.

Population 300'000 so it's a fairly big city. Just do some homework on where's good to go.

9 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

The 2nd round STARTS the weekend after Stuttgart/Hungary.

For us, I believe it would be one of these...

1 JULY - DORTMUND

2 JULY - BERLIN

3 JULY - COLOGNE, FRANKFURT or MUNICH

After Stuttgart/Hungary, how are you's gonna play it?

In case anyone thinking of booking this is not accurate. If we win the group or are 2nd. We would play on Saturday the 29th in either Berlin (2nd in group)  or Dortmund if (1st in group! . If we are one of the best third qualifiers its then all over the place.

Edited by macwomble

3 minutes ago, macwomble said:

In case anyone thinking of booking this is not accurate. If we win the group or are 2nd. We would play on Saturday the 29th in either Berlin (2nd in group)  or Dortmund if (1st in group! . If we are one of the best third qualifiers its then all over the place.

If 3rd it’s either Cologne Sunday, Frankfurt Monday,  or Munich Tuesday! Long way to go before we have to worry about this 🤔!

9 hours ago, macwomble said:

If 3rd it’s either Cologne Sunday, Frankfurt Monday,  or Munich Tuesday! Long way to go before we have to worry about this 🤔!

Plus if we finish third, you'll need to wait until the Wednesday night for confirmation of where we're playing (or if we've qualified at all 😬).

11 hours ago, macwomble said:

You are absolutely correct. I f*cked up.   I had it all written down correctly, but when I posted on here I accidently listed 1st 2nd and 3rd positions as 1st 2nd and 3rd of July    That said, I was correct in saying the 2nd round doesn't start until the weekend AFTER Stuttgart/Hungary (there are no matches during 'the working week' following the Hungary match).

From UEFA.com...

image.png.6778c5dbdf5730fa7002768f7924ccbe.png

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

You are absolutely correct. I f*cked up.   I had it all written down correctly, but when I posted on here I accidently listed 1st 2nd and 3rd positions as 1st 2nd and 3rd of July    That said, I was correct in saying the 2nd round doesn't start until the weekend AFTER Stuttgart/Hungary (there are no matches during 'the working week' following the Hungary match).

From UEFA.com...

image.png.6778c5dbdf5730fa7002768f7924ccbe.png

Wasn’t a dig! Just didn’t want anyone diving in. Lol

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Plus if we finish third, you'll need to wait until the Wednesday night for confirmation of where we're playing (or if we've qualified at all 😬).

Easy for the fans as ever!! Lol

I'll have been in Germany since Thursday 13 June, so definitely heading home on Monday 24 June, which is the day after the Hungary game.

If we're in the last 16, I'll probably be absolutely buzzing and so will look to head back to Germany for that game, but currently recognise I'd have been pretty fortunate to get to all three group games. 

TL:DR head home, then back out

19 minutes ago, Goozay said:

I'll have been in Germany since Thursday 13 June, so definitely heading home on Monday 24 June, which is the day after the Hungary game.

If we're in the last 16, I'll probably be absolutely buzzing and so will look to head back to Germany for that game, but currently recognise I'd have been pretty fortunate to get to all three group games. 

TL:DR head home, then back out

Exactly the same for me. Will have been in Germany from the 12th to 25th June so will be coming home. Same as you if we qualify i will try my best to fly back even if only for the game. If we were to win that...??? then the problems really begin. 😅😳😅

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

So, back to the 2nd round (starting 6 days after Stuttgart/Hungary).

How are you's gonna play it?

Flying home and then back out?

Already committing to staying over there?

Flying back on the Monday. Working Tuesday-Thursday then back out on the thursday night if available flights, if not friday first thing. 

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If we win the first knock out game then a few of us will have some juggling to do. Thankfully work and missus are fairly understanding. Unsure how i explain the semi final and final though!!

Obviously we have never had to bother after the group stages before so if we can get through it will bring a whole new challenge(a welcome one) to our support in managing to get to the next game(s). Would be a problem for me and i am sure many others but a nice problem all the same. 😳🤔😀

On 1/4/2024 at 8:07 AM, Toepoke said:

Just have to finish first or second then.

J