Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 4 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Taking my wee boy out of school secondary school for the the group stages. Knock out phase may be within the school holiday period. Well in my council anyway

Teachers can't just decide to take 2 weeks off, knock out games start 29th June and all schools in Scotland are finished up by then (Some week before)

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As it doesn't let you transfer them. 

Only way they could use it is if you give your phone to them to take to Germany. 

So once it’s downloaded on to one phone, its impossible to transfer it to another device? If so what about transferring it before it’s been downloaded? Is it possible for an SSC member to purchase but then a friend/family member downloads it on their own phone? Trying to work out if an SSC member can in effect buy for others. Hopefully not because if not, should be more for lower pointers like me. 

what about using the SSC  Friends/Family option of buying a number of tickets so you can sit together. Is that not possible for these tickets? 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

29 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

So once it’s downloaded on to one phone, its impossible to transfer it to another device? If so what about transferring it before it’s been downloaded? Is it possible for an SSC member to purchase but then a friend/family member downloads it on their own phone? Trying to work out if an SSC member can in effect buy for others. Hopefully not because if not, should be more for lower pointers like me. 

what about using the SSC  Friends/Family option of buying a number of tickets so you can sit together. Is that not possible for these tickets? 

No you need to register on the UEFA app and the SSC send you the link to purchase via the UEFA app for each game. The emails need to match. Once you buy your ticket it goes onto the app and cannot be transferred. 

I heard of somebody having to take their mates phone to Wembley as their wife went into hospital meaning he couldn't go and only way the ticket wouldn't go unused at late notice was to let somebody take his phone and use the ticket. That was in the pub before the game. 

2 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

There will be a facility to pair your booking with others so you can sit together 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No you need to register on the UEFA app and the SSC send you the link to purchase via the UEFA app for each game. The emails need to match. Once you buy your ticket it goes onto the app and cannot be transferred. 

I heard of somebody having to take their mates phone to Wembley as their wife went into hospital meaning he couldn't go and only way the ticket wouldn't go unused at late notice was to let somebody take his phone and use the ticket. That was in the pub before the game. 

Are you sure? I am certain you were able to forward the link to someone else before downloading it as someone i know did it for the England game and definitely got in. It was  the supporters club tix not the ballot. I am not sure what they did after the link was sent but there was definitely a workaround. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can someone else not simply open the app on their own phone and use your email/password to access the ticket? Am I missing something? 

Does anyone remember how it worked in Euro 2020 with SSC memberships that shared an email address? 

Do the SSC just send the UEFA links for the memberships to the same email address e.g. 2 SSC memberships share the same email address so the SSC send out both UEFA links/codes to the one email account? 

We could do with some kind of comms from the SSC. Even the English FA seemed to advise their eligible members not to buy tickets in the general sale to avoid the risk of exceeding the UEFA one game per day rule, yet not a peep from the SSC

10 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

They were transferable if you had uefa ballot allocated tickets but SSC code allocated tickets were absolutely NOT transferable.

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

SSC ones couldn't be transferred. 

Ah, my bad 👎

I'd transferred non SSC tickets. 

29 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Ballot Tickets - Transferable.

SSC Sent a link and if this was downloaded it then could not be transferred. However who it was downloaded by is another question.

That was my understanding. 

Once it was on your phone, you couldn't transfer SSC tickets so no idea how folk managed it. 

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That was my understanding. 

Once it was on your phone, you couldn't transfer SSC tickets so no idea how folk managed it. 

You managed it if you forwarded the link before downloading it. You could not transfer them if for example you thought you were going and downloaded the tix yourself , but if you knew you weren’t going but bought the tix anyway you could forward the link for someone else to download. 
Not sure how it will work this time. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

You managed it if you forwarded the link before downloading it. You could not transfer them if for example you thought you were going and downloaded the tix yourself , but if you knew you weren’t going but bought the tix anyway you could forward the link for someone else to download. 
Not sure how it will work this time. 

Yeah i get that, it's the folk saying they transferred them to pals with a few days notice prior to the Croatia game as they had covid after Wembley that i cant understand how they've done it! 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah i get that, it's the folk saying they transferred them to pals with a few days notice prior to the Croatia game as they had covid after Wembley that i cant understand how they've done it! 

👍 sorry misunderstood you. 

17 hours ago, aufc_bawbag said:

Does anyone remember how it worked in Euro 2020 with SSC memberships that shared an email address? 

Do the SSC just send the UEFA links for the memberships to the same email address e.g. 2 SSC memberships share the same email address so the SSC send out both UEFA links/codes to the one email account? 

We could do with some kind of comms from the SSC. Even the English FA seemed to advise their eligible members not to buy tickets in the general sale to avoid the risk of exceeding the UEFA one game per day rule, yet not a peep from the SSC

Fair comment. Now we have qualified I would expect to see some guidance on the upcoming ticket, we did qualify BEFORE england. But their supporters club seem to more on the ball than ours. Probably have more resource and are used to qualifying for tournaments more regularly.

I am particular interested in how a group, adult/ child apply for the euro tickets as a pair to ensure they are sated together. Do they need their own UEFA account or can they piggy back on yours.

I think you need a visa credit card for a UEFA account, obviously kids don't have credit cards.

Edited by GroundsKeeper

02 December obviously the key date as its the draw.

We are hearing / reading snippets from other football associations that have already qualified.

French say they are getting 9,500 tickets per game. I don't know if that's an average figure?

I fully expect that SFA/SSC will deliver a comms re tickets after the 2nd Dec.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The person with the ticket on their phone deleted the app. The 2nd person then downloaded the app. When they requested an activation code it would pe sent by text to the 1st person who would forward it. 2nd person then has the app with the tickets on their phone. 

For the uefa ballot, will it be known which group we're in (and so if any successful applications are for Scotland games)  before the cut off date for payment? I can't find info on this and don't want to end up buying tickets on the off chance that they are...

I don't think it will be. UEFA will want the cash in from folk who might get to see their team. From their perspective, no point in waiting for a decent chunk of your customers to find reasons not to pay for their tickets.

My gut is they will require payment for ballot tickets before the draw in order to maximise their revenue.

35 minutes ago, Frugal said:

For the uefa ballot, will it be known which group we're in (and so if any successful applications are for Scotland games)  before the cut off date for payment? I can't find info on this and don't want to end up buying tickets on the off chance that they are...

Unfortunately not.

I got all 3 matches for euro 2020 as it was only one group we could go in to - nations league pathway. Only games I applied for. Nice and easy.

This time is a lottery and a total mess. Cash grab by UEFA which leads to poorer atmospheres and black market sales.

The chance of getting a Scotland match doing it this way is less than 5%.

30 minutes ago, Exiled ICT said:

I don't think it will be. UEFA will want the cash in from folk who might get to see their team. From their perspective, no point in waiting for a decent chunk of your customers to find reasons not to pay for their tickets.

My gut is they will require payment for ballot tickets before the draw in order to maximise their revenue.

Payment is before the draw. It’s on the FAQs.

My plan was to do ballot - not anymore. It’s utterly Useless. So I’ve booked Georgia and I’ll head there to boost my points to 14 from 12 to all but guarantee my tickets. Needs must.