Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 28 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Ahh yes Dublin is known as the Tehran of the north with its complete absence of hostelries selling intoxicating liqueur and having electric trickery which enables a magic box in the corner to show moving pictures

Fan zones are to supporters what mc Donald's is to fine dining

If done right fan zones can be good. Much better than getting stuck in a darken ale house sat next to a leprechaun supping on his black death water and telling stories of the old country.

I appreciate your feedback though.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans zones are invariably rubbish selling international dishwater such as Budweiser catlsberg in an over priced plastic cup with over priced food

They are football experiences as imagined by Disney

Alternatively you can go the Bulgarian route and herd everybody into a park serve glasses of froth after a 15min wait and then have the delights of using a chemical toilet in 36 deg temperatures

There are plenty of decent bars in Dublin if you are after your username I would recommend Bruxelles or the church - both a bit pricey and touristy but decent pints of Stella because of being busy

Fan zones are horrific - nasty lager out of plastic cups, portaloos and inane Euro tunes.

I was dragged to one at the Copacabana last year for a Brazil game and even with a location like that I couldn't get out fast enough.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Ahh yes Dublin is known as the Tehran of the north with its complete absence of hostelries selling intoxicating liqueur and having electric trickery which enables a magic box in the corner to show moving pictures

Fan zones are to supporters what mc Donald's is to fine dining

This.

GTR,

Hoping for some cracking weather when we're over so where do you suggest for a decent beer garden anywhere near the ground?

Here you go:

Havent been to beer garden part of pub but asked few mates and they all said it was the best one there. (Horsehow House Pub)

Very close to stadium

http://www.horseshowhouse.ie/madigans-square-beer-garden/

The only "Fan Zone" that has worked well was the pre game in Vaduz v Liechtenstein.

What a party atmosphere that was. Beers was flowing and the tunes rolling, straight to the game then on the coach back to Zurich before heading to Alicante the next day.

J

We are arriving at Dublin Airport at 9am and dropping bags off at our hotel. The description of the hotel says

Dublin Coach"operates outside the hotel and is a 20 minute trip from Ibis to the Airport (24/7, EUR 5 per person each way).

Should we pre-book this coach or can u just get on it easily enough?

We are arriving at Dublin Airport at 9am and dropping bags off at our hotel. The description of the hotel says

Dublin Coach"operates outside the hotel and is a 20 minute trip from Ibis to the Airport (24/7, EUR 5 per person each way).

Should we pre-book this coach or can u just get on it easily enough?

If I was you I would book online. Busy enough bus never mind adding in a few TA into it as well

web is www.aircoach.ie

The only "Fan Zone" that has worked well was the pre game in Vaduz v Liechtenstein.

What a party atmosphere that was. Beers was flowing and the tunes rolling, straight to the game then on the coach back to Zurich before heading to Alicante the next day.

J

Except for Piper Harris (who, sadly, is struggling to cope with severe stroke) who ended up having a meal with the Match Officials, missing the bus and having to pay ~ €300 for a taxi to get him to Zurich for the Alicanta flight with Passport Travel (RIP).

I'm pretty sure there's a bus that goes from the port into the city. Mate usually takes boat over from England for home games il ask him and get back to you

It's a taxi I need. I'm not staying in the city

GTR I take it that it would be cheaper to buy our carryoot in the north b4 we drive doon

Normally it would be washboarder but with the sterling being so strong against the euro it might not be much of a difference this time around. The sterling rate is in and around €1.40 to the pound so it's a great time for yous to be playing over here

GTR I take it that it would be cheaper to buy our carryoot in the north b4 we drive doon

Not really, just as cheap down here I think. Since you are driving get a big Tesco or Dunnes and you should get a slab of cans for 24 euro, bud/heineken/millar whatever is on offer that week. Tesco Clarehall is a 5 min drive from M1-M50 junction..

Are you that tight that a few quid is going to bother you? :lol: