Ticket allocation for scotland supporters - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocation for scotland supporters

hampden_loon2878

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

How will ticket distribution be decided when it comes to the three group games? All the same supporters with the most points get tickets for all three or will it be like 98 where pretty much anyone with any points got a ticket to at least one game? 

Didn't need any points in 1998,but there was a lot fewer members then. 

I would hope everyone would get a ticket for at least one game but with 20,00+ members I doubt it. 

Saw someone discuss this on another thread - in previous years the minimum capacity for a team is 16%. Lets say they drop it to 15%. The smallest stadium would be Leipzig and that would offer us around 6800 tickets. Biggest stadium is in Berlin and the allocation would be over 11k. The estimates are that around 12 points should do it but that might go up by next year

1 hour ago, Alimog said:

Saw someone discuss this on another thread - in previous years the minimum capacity for a team is 16%. Lets say they drop it to 15%. The smallest stadium would be Leipzig and that would offer us around 6800 tickets. Biggest stadium is in Berlin and the allocation would be over 11k. The estimates are that around 12 points should do it but that might go up by next year

12pts for all three games and the rest get nothing? 

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

How will ticket distribution be decided when it comes to the three group games? All the same supporters with the most points get tickets for all three or will it be like 98 where pretty much anyone with any points got a ticket to at least one game? 

Points system aa it should be.  Go to games, get tickets.

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly. Amazing how folk want to rewrite the full system to suit themselves now we're qualifying for tournaments. 

No one is trying to change anything you arrogant prick. 

The 98 WC came up and I mentioned what happened there then asked a related question. 

Really pissed me of here. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No doubt points should take precedence but to ensure everyone gets a chance of seeing a game then those on same points  that haven't got tickets for past tournaments (Euro 20 or further back) should take priority over those that have. However, I am not sure if the SSC keeps these details on file.

Why should those people take priority? The loyalty system is not designed to prioritise people who haven’t managed to get to specific games for whatever reason.

If the SSC were to take on your suggestion that would mean someone who didn’t bother their arse going to any Euro 2020 games would be prioritised over me (and thousands of others) who did go to matches in the last euros. 

As the finals tickets were bought from UEFA directly the SSC won’t know who went to the last euros anyway so this would not be possible in any case but if it was possible I wouldn’t agree with it. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Why should those people take priority? The loyalty system is not designed to prioritise people who haven’t managed to get to specific games for whatever reason.

If the SSC were to take on your suggestion that would mean someone who didn’t bother their arse going to any Euro 2020 games would be prioritised over me (and thousands of others) who did go to matches in the last euros. 

As the finals tickets were bought from UEFA directly the SSC won’t know who went to the last euros anyway so this would not be possible in any case but if it was possible I wouldn’t agree with it. 

The thinking on this is that some unlucky sods may have missed out on tickets to a major tournament even though they wanted one despite having over 10 points whereas others on same points were lucky last time.

Not too fussed - just a thought.

50 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The 98 WC came up and I mentioned what happened there then asked a related question. 

France 98 is irrelevant.  Last euros will be exactly how tickets are distributed this time around. The exact same way any tickets for games outside Scotland are distributed and have been for two decades at least.

Thats not arrogant, never mind being a prick.  Same question comes up everytime there's a popular game. Same explanation is given.  For France 98 the supporters club didn't exist in its current form. We didn't have the current loyalty system. Basically anyone who attends every home game and maybe one away game in last 10 will be guaranteed. I'd say thats a fair system.

You kinda lose any credibility in a debate when you throw the toys out the pram with insults though.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

52 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

We didn't have a points system in 98. Why do folk keep bringing it up? 

30 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

They were bought through UEFA but the SFA know who bought them, as the SFA supplied us with the code that allowed us to buy them. Of course there were loads of Scotland fans who bought direct from the EUFA sale that weren't part of the official Scotland allocation. Folk who think that they might not have enough points for the Scotland allocation should go down that route again as soon as the UEFA sale starts.

28 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The thinking on this is that some unlucky sods may have missed out on tickets to a major tournament even though they wanted one despite having over 10 points whereas others on same points were lucky last time.

I agree with that bit. If the sale goes down to, say, 12 points for the first game, but only half of the 12 pointers get a ticket, then the half that don't get one should get first go for the next game if/when that also goes down to 12 points. A wee bit complicated but shouldn't be too difficult to organise in this day and age.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

France 98 is irrelevant.  Last euros will be exactly how tickets are distributed this time around. The exact same way any tickets for games outside Scotland are distributed and have been for two decades at least.

Thats not arrogant, never mind being a prick.  Same question comes up everytime there's a popular game. Same explanation is given.  For France 98 the supporters club didn't exist in its current form. We didn't have the current loyalty system. Basically anyone who attends every home game and maybe one away game in last 10 will be guaranteed. I'd say thats a fair system.

You kinda lose any credibility in a debate when you throw the toys out the pram with insults though.

Apoligies for the insult, I'm not sure I have insulted anyone on here before.

You insulted me a lot more though by suggesting I was some Johnny come lately wanting things to change just because we were getting to major finals. That hurts.

Esimates say that 60,000 went to the world cup in 1998, the same numbers will probably do the same with or without tickets this time.

Maybe you can remember exactly how 1998 ticket allocation worked, I got a Norway ticket and my two mates got Morocco ones(I think that was simply because I was a member longer) None of us had travelled before to watch Scotland, unless you count Euro 96. I am pretty sure the points for away games attended was on the go then and based on that I doubt that a 2 or 3 ticket allocation was given to very many based purely on the points basis.

I wouldnt be surprised if a three ticket allocation was given to lets say those on 16 pts and above, then 2 tickets to lets say 10 and above which would lead to single tickets available for probably anyone with about 8 points.

It's a pity all tickets wern't given to supporters of the two countries playing rather than making thousands available to those without a vested interest in the game but simply want to go to a game for the hell of it.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apoligies for the insult, I'm not sure I have insulted anyone on here before.

You insulted me a lot more though by suggesting I was some Johnny come lately wanting things to change just because we were getting to major finals. That hurts.

Esimates say that 60,000 went to the world cup in 1998, the same numbers will probably do the same with or without tickets this time.

Maybe you can remember exactly how 1998 ticket allocation worked, I got a Norway ticket and my two mates got Morocco ones(I think that was simply because I was a member longer) None of us had travelled before to watch Scotland, unless you count Euro 96. I am pretty sure the points for away games attended was on the go then and based on that I doubt that a 2 or 3 ticket allocation was given to very many based purely on the points basis.

I wouldnt be surprised if a three ticket allocation was given to lets say those on 16 pts and above, then 2 tickets to lets say 10 and above which would lead to single tickets available for probably anyone with about 8 points.

It's a pity all tickets wern't given to supporters of the two countries playing rather than making thousands available to those without a vested interest in the game but simply want to go to a game for the hell of it.

There was no points system before 98. You may have decided not to believe that and that's up to you? The 98 ticket allocation problem was what led to the points system being set up. They did take into account who had been to a few of the away games immediately prior to the WC, because they still had that info on record but it was not an official points system. Nobody who had gone to those away games knew, prior to going that it would help them get tickets for the finals, because that decision hadn't been made at that time. Some folk got all 3 tickets, some folk got two and everybody in the "Travel Club" (as it was known at that time) got at least one ticket. 

There was no official points system until after WC98.

For the WC, all member associations receive tickets, whether they qualified or not. Does the same apply with the Euro's, Im not sure?

In 98 we got 4 tickets for each group game via the Greek FA / a friend of mine who was living in Athens at the time.

Perhaps a consideration for anyone with insufficient points, that has friends / family in a country that hasn't qualified, assuming the same applies to the Euro's......

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There was no points system before 98. You may have decided not to believe that and that's up to you? The 98 ticket allocation problem was what led to the points system being set up. They did take into account who had been to a few of the away games immediately prior to the WC, because they still had that info on record but it was not an official points system. Nobody who had gone to those away games knew, prior to going that it would help them get tickets for the finals, because that decision hadn't been made at that time. Some folk got all 3 tickets, some folk got two and everybody in the "Travel Club" (as it was known at that time) got at least one ticket. 

There was no official points system until after WC98.

So there was an unofficial points system then.

It was all very vague at the time.

Anyway I spent a grand getting a Brazil ticket from a travelclub member, spent hours on some hotline for 4 tickets for the Morocco game so made the 3 games anyway.

I'm far too old to worry about tickets this time but I still wont be surprised if the ticket allocation method isn't tinkered with in some way.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yeah I see your point for people who were unlucky but it would also allow people who didn’t bother going a chance of getting to a game ahead of someone who made the effort. There would be no way to tell the difference even if the SSC held information on who went last time.

There will always be an element of luck for anyone on the lowest number of points that an allocation goes down to but the simple answer is to go to more games and amass more points if you want to guarantee tickets for specific games. If that’s not an an option for whatever reason then disappointment will always be a risk. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

They were bought through UEFA but the SFA know who bought them, as the SFA supplied us with the code that allowed us to buy them. Of course there were loads of Scotland fans who bought direct from the EUFA sale that weren't part of the official Scotland allocation. Folk who think that they might not have enough points for the Scotland allocation should go down that route again as soon as the UEFA sale starts.

I very much doubt the SFA knows who used their code unless UEFA reported back to them. Possible but unlikely. 

Even if they do hold records how would they know who was unlucky and who just didn’t want to go?