All time best 11...... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All time best 11......

He's picked some team there. Zidane, Messi, Maradona, Pele and R9 all on the park with Pirlo QBing things. That would be something to see.

I quite like the international dream team challenge where you can only select one player from each nationality - so for instance if you select Pele, you can't have Cafu.

Buffon

Cafu Baresi Cannavaro MaldiniĀ 

Xavi Mattheus Pirlo

Messi

Real Ronaldo Batistuta

A couple of left field picks, I doubt many people would have Mattheus or Batistuta in their teams, and probably rightly so, but I loved watching them both. Only picked players that I have seen, and a very strong Football Italia on display, when fitba was at its best.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:03 PM, morrie21 said:

He's picked some team there. Zidane, Messi, Maradona, Pele and R9 all on the park with Pirlo QBing things. That would be something to see.

I quite like the international dream team challenge where you can only select one player from each nationality - so for instance if you select Pele, you can't have Cafu.

QBing.......everything that is wrong with modern day fitbaw.Ā 

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Didn't realise the language police was a real thing, until now.Ā 

There's no need for stupid Americanisms inĀ  football. The ridiculous stats they come up with now is another load of shite.Ā 

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm going with Morrie's "Only one player from each country" rule. Much more interesting IMO.

Schmeichel, Srna, Krol, McQueen, Baresi, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Eusebio, Pele, Zidane, Hagi.Ā 

And if we add in kumnio's "Must have seen" rule then I will substitute two Ronaldo's for Eusebio and Pele. I'm not sure if I ever saw Beckenbauer play live, but I once saw him at an airport, so I'm counting that.Ā šŸ¤£

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

And if we add in kumnio's "Must have seen" rule then I will substitute two Ronaldo's for Eusebio and Pele. I'm not sure if I ever saw Beckenbauer play live, but I once saw him at an airport, so I'm counting that.Ā šŸ¤£

was he sweeping up ?

turns out as a kid I saw Denis Law playing for man city v dons in a friendlyĀ  - I read many years later he was allowed to captain them as returning to his home town - not sure if he played at pittodrie at any other timeĀ  - I know there was a few internationals there too back then - 73 ish I think

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

was he sweeping up ?

turns out as a kid I saw Denis Law playing for man city v dons in a friendlyĀ  - I read many years later he was allowed to captain them as returning to his home town - not sure if he played at pittodrie at any other timeĀ  - I know there was a few internationals there too back then - 73 ish I think

My first Scotland game was Denis Law's last one at Hampden. If I hadn't already used up my Scotland quota I might have picked him to replace Eusebio.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...