Transfer needs - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Not so much 'transfer chat' but what/who do you think your club needs to sign in order to strengthen for next season.

I'll start with Gers. For me I'd like us to bring another centre half as I have worries about Goldson and Souttar staying injury free.

41 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Not so much 'transfer chat' but what/who do you think your club needs to sign in order to strengthen for next season.

I'll start with Gers. For me I'd like us to bring another centre half as I have worries about Goldson and Souttar staying injury free.

We’ve got Davies and King so if we do sign another CH I’d say at least one of them needs to be shipped out and I’d hope it was Davies. We could probably do with trimming the squad a bit with Dessers signed and Cifuentes seemingly on his way. What I think we really need is to sign one or two Scottish players but I can’t she how that could be that fits in. 

50 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We’ve got Davies and King so if we do sign another CH I’d say at least one of them needs to be shipped out and I’d hope it was Davies. We could probably do with trimming the squad a bit with Dessers signed and Cifuentes seemingly on his way. What I think we really need is to sign one or two Scottish players but I can’t she how that could be that fits in. 

We've also got Mayo as back up (if he stays) as well who I think was pretty steady for Killie.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not long before the league season kicks off. Everyone happy about recruitment, are you weaker or stronger than last year? Do you need to get some bodies in?

The dons have made plenty of signings but no idea if they are any good yet except Shinnie and Clarkson. Both of them are very good permanent signings.

We haven’t really started yet.

I would attribute that to Rodgers taking some time to assess what he has. We’ve signed a couple of prospects and look set to add another couple from the K League but haven’t made a start on the first team ready players Rodgers has been talking about.

I’d expect us to be very busy over the next few weeks once the squad get back from Japan.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

We haven’t really started yet.

I would attribute that to Rodgers taking some time to assess what he has. We’ve signed a couple of prospects and look set to add another couple from the K League but haven’t made a start on the first team ready players Rodgers has been talking about.

I’d expect us to be very busy over the next few weeks once the squad get back from Japan.

I assume celtic have a bit of cash to splash from the jota transfer plus a year in the CL groups and another year in the groups banked?

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I assume celtic have a bit of cash to splash from the jota transfer plus a year in the CL groups and another year in the groups banked?

Supposedly Dermot agreed a net spend of £35m with Ange when they were planning for this summer and the new manager will be aware of all that.

So, I expect we’ll be very busy very soon. The defence badly needs upgraded and I would include a new GK in that.

Any Hearts fans out there? Only bought in one outfield player so far, is third place looking further away than this time last year?

Hibs. Lost Porteous and now Nisbet. Are the replacements going to make up for those losses?

Motherwell. How are you going to replace Van Veen and Johnston?

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Hibs. Lost Porteous and now Nisbet. Are the replacements going to make up for those losses?

Nisbet replaced with a 36 year old Adam Le Fondre and Porteous by a 22 years old from Nottingham Forest. Was at the leith San Siro on Friday for our friendly against Groningen not overly impressed, Marshall is completely done hopefully Gambia’s 3rd choice keeper will dislodge him. Levitt played so deep he was nearly behind the goals, a couple of last seasons youth team that done so well in Europe played which is a positive. Really need to cough up some money for a decent CF no point having two of the best wide players in the league (outside of Celtic) in Boyle and Youan but nobody in the middle, rumours of the big Ukrainian boy coming back which would do for me. Vulnerable on Thursday if what Iv seen in the friendlies is anything like the starting eleven 

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Motherwell. How are you going to replace Van Veen and Johnston?

It'd be a minor miracle to unearth another Van Veen but we'll see how our new striker from Walsall does along with the new holding midfielder we've signed (North Macedonia international). Johnson was a sore one to lose, he was shaping up really well, thought he'd give it another season to really establish himself and get a bigger move. Strum Graz was a surprising choice as he had a lot of interest from all over Europe. Been really impressed with Kettlewell, he has done an incredible job turning around the awful start to last season under Hammell and has cleared a few out. Hopefully he gets the other 2 players in he is after and we could have a decent season. And a real plus our new away top has upset Celtic fans as they think it looks like an Orange Sash (I always thought orange sashes were V shaped) but we've signed a full back called Pape to balance things out 👍

55 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Yes mainly they are but back in the good old days a lot of away strips were just a reversal of colours.Screenshot_20230724-180028.thumb.png.1eab9083b777815ef26871d43feb7d76.png

My mistake, I’ve just seen the home too and seemed to think there was a lot more maroon in it than there is. 

Aberdeen siging a lot of foreign players again. On the one hand it's good to see aberdeen looking further afield for signings instead of just the English lower leagues. My concern is that we don't seem to have much coming through the youth system right now.