Prostrate Checks - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here we go. Fasting now since this morn, just took 2 constipation tablets.. 3 hours till blast off, that's when the turbo laxative kicks in..🚅☄️☄️☄️🌪🧨🧨🏃🏃🤣🤣

.....And to think I was doubting that we could actually get anymore shite out of you 🙄

Just now, Redz said:

.....And to think I was doubting that we could actually get anymore shite out of you 🙄

Why must you always be a dick ? Some of us are havin a wee laugh on this thread and you pipe in with your usual pish !! No need for it ffs !!

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why must you always be a dick ? Some of us are havin a wee laugh on this thread and you pipe in with your usual pish !! No need for it ffs !!

Calm the fuck doon - I rarely post these days

I'm about to embark on 'similar' experiences, and it was a wee joke in solidarity

If you knew me, you'd know / appreciate that 

Hope it goes well ya aggressive wee fucker 👍

1 minute ago, Redz said:

Calm the fuck doon - I rarely post these days

I'm about to embark on 'similar' experiences, and it was a wee joke in solidarity

If you knew me, you'd know / appreciate that 

Hope it goes well ya aggressive wee fucker 👍

Fair play, apologies. You aswell, I'm in the starving phase, and still another 26 hours before I can eat..😢

Ive had cancer before( not Prostrate)  and got the all clear in 2006. Also diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in my early 30’s but not had an attack for a long time. Had endoscopy and colonoscopy examinations a few times. 
The thing with prostrate cancer is the survival rates diminish drastically in a very short space of time in relation to diagnosis so if you are in doubt get it checked. 

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Ive had cancer before( not Prostrate)  and got the all clear in 2006. Also diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in my early 30’s but not had an attack for a long time. Had endoscopy and colonoscopy examinations a few times. 
The thing with prostrate cancer is the survival rates diminish drastically in a very short space of time in relation to diagnosis so if you are in doubt get it checked. 

Glad your well mate, must have been a scary experience. I won't lie, I am a bit nervous about tomorrow, not the procedure, I'll be asleep, more about if they find anything. I'm 55, so I'm at that age where shite starts happening. Fingers crossed. Good news is I will find out if they find anything straight after I wake up.. Fingers crossed..  Squeaky bum time!! 👀😉

On 4/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, bonzo said:

Jeez fringo, I'm not sure they're doing it right. I've had a check a couple of times and it was only a finger 🙃 have never had my colonoscopy but I've had the camera doon the willy which was bloody uncomfortable. 

😄

Lots of good other replies too. Wish we had the like/laugh etc buttons back.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here we go. Fasting now since this morn, just took 2 constipation tablets.. 3 hours till blast off, that's when the turbo laxative kicks in..🚅☄️☄️☄️🌪🧨🧨🏃🏃🤣🤣

😂 I might stay up for the showdown. Will selfies be available? 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Get the toilet paper in the fridge.

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I might stay up for the showdown. Will selfies be available? 

I was concerned/confused about taking constipation tablets before laxatives ?!? Defeats the purpose ?

I had the scope up the rectum about 12 years ago and certainly had laxatives only. Was on the loo within 5 mins and half my body emptied out. Then back on loo frequently for next few hours. Then had to take 2nd pill 4 hrs later and almost nothing left but pure liquid/water out the bum.

So the day before prep wasn't fun along with virtual starving but worst bit was on the day when they pumped air up by backside to allow easy access for the scope. Kind of like electric bellows pumping air. My insides felt like an over blown hot water bottle. Very uncomfortable.

And then as mentioned the embarrassing wind. Not the greatest day and half of my life.

Hope yours is better than mine Ramy, As you said, it is certainly lots of squeaky bum time. 😆

So, what are the symptoms that suggest you’ve got a problem then? I saw a thing on TikTok with a list of symptoms that suggest my body is telling me I’m going to have a heart attack shortly 😂🙈

Home now, in some abdominal pain, but apparantly that's normal. Test was clean as a whistle, no polyps, nothing. So now that I'm 55, it's every 5 year. I would advise anyone who has never had one done to get it done. It's not that bad, they put me to sleep. So 24 recovery now, hot water bottle on my stomach and rest... I'm sure the Health system in Scotland pays for this procedure no??

46 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Home now, in some abdominal pain, but apparantly that's normal. Test was clean as a whistle, no polyps, nothing. So now that I'm 55, it's every 5 year. I would advise anyone who has never had one done to get it done. It's not that bad, they put me to sleep. So 24 recovery now, hot water bottle on my stomach and rest... I'm sure the Health system in Scotland pays for this procedure no??

Glad to hear you are ok Ramy ❤️ It can be a laugh joking about the side effects of this  but no one chooses to go  through a colonoscopy without an underlying reason,  whether it be symptoms or check up due to age. If they do I would suggest the hospital are checking the wrong end of the body 😁

The NHS pays for this here but I think there needs to be a potential concern. You dont get it as part of a general check up at any age. At least I don’t think you do. Also, I dont think you are put asleep  here. I was asleep as I had private insurance through my work, but I don’t think its standard NHS . I assume you get some sort of sedative though , I wouldn’t fancy going through that otherwise! 

Yes , the abdominal pain is normal. It wont last too long  though.  I had my colonoscopy on a Friday . I wasn’t allowed alcohol for 24-48 hrs so we went to the cinema on the Saturday. Honest tae fuck, dont make that mistake. If you think folk slurping and munching on popcorn is bad enough try sitting next to someone who has just had a colonoscopy 😂