Prostrate Checks - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 4/3/2023 at 2:33 PM, Orraloon said:

They sometimes do one of them from both ends. If you are lucky they will do the top end first.

I had that very procedure a few years back, remember asking for clarification on that particular matter as I was being wheeled into the room.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Glad to hear you are ok Ramy ❤️ It can be a laugh joking about the side effects of this  but no one chooses to go  through a colonoscopy without an underlying reason,  whether it be symptoms or check up due to age. If they do I would suggest the hospital are checking the wrong end of the body 😁

The NHS pays for this here but I think there needs to be a potential concern. You dont get it as part of a general check up at any age. At least I don’t think you do. Also, I dont think you are put asleep  here. I was asleep as I had private insurance through my work, but I don’t think its standard NHS . I assume you get some sort of sedative though , I wouldn’t fancy going through that otherwise! 

Yes , the abdominal pain is normal. It wont last too long  though.  I had my colonoscopy on a Friday . I wasn’t allowed alcohol for 24-48 hrs so we went to the cinema on the Saturday. Honest tae fuck, dont make that mistake. If you think folk slurping and munching on popcorn is bad enough try sitting next to someone who has just had a colonoscopy 😂

Cheers Tdyr. Aye, I went because of my age, normally you have to have symptoms, but they did me just the same. I was unconscious the whole time. I'm on the bog just now as I type this, in extra time I hope.. Glad I got it done, the prep is torture. I have been advised to take tomorrow off work aswell. So all in all a good jobby done !!!🙂🙂

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Home now, in some abdominal pain, but apparantly that's normal. Test was clean as a whistle, no polyps, nothing. So now that I'm 55, it's every 5 year. I would advise anyone who has never had one done to get it done. It's not that bad, they put me to sleep. So 24 recovery now, hot water bottle on my stomach and rest... I'm sure the Health system in Scotland pays for this procedure no??

No fur long enough

*Wee joke 👍