Movies 2023 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Killers of the Flower Moon, lasted through a hour of turgid shite then realised I still had nearly 3 to go. About time Scorsese retired, utter baws 

Knew it would be shite when i read about the true story it was based on

It will probably get the same plaudits as "There will be Blood" which is another golf ball arse pile of cack

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witness for the Prosecution is on BBC2 at 2.30

The greatest courtroom drama film of all time with a bigger twist than Mo Johnston signing for Rangers

That big a twist that they made an announcement at the end of it so film goers wouldnt blab to those waiting on the next showing !

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The greatest courtroom drama film of all time with a bigger twist than Mo Johnston signing for Rangers

That big a twist that they made an announcement at the end of it so film goers wouldnt blab to those waiting on the next showing !

I listen to a few film podcasts and had randomly heard this mentioned on a few of them recently and thought I'll need to check it out.  Annoyed I missed it today.  Bloody work!

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I listen to a few film podcasts and had randomly heard this mentioned on a few of them recently and thought I'll need to check it out.  Annoyed I missed it today.  Bloody work!

It was the last completed film made by Tyrone Power who died of a massive heart attack months later aged only 44

He smoked 60-80 fags a day !

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Was on a couple of weeks ago - excellent film and great cast 

• 4 weeks later...

How can a film about Ferrari’s possible be so slow, Iv no idea how they managed to make the trailer look so good. Maybe it’s like Xbox games “not actual footage from the film”, avoid Ferrari like the plague it’s seriously shite

Edited by dan cake

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 3:01 PM, Hertsscot said:

Wonka. Didn't really enjoy it, though Hugh Grant was excellent. Not really my genre.

Took my young niece to see this yesterday. I was not expecting much but absolutely loved it.

I think mainly because it sort of reminded me of films when I was young, like Mary Poppins, but with modern cinematic technology . I thought it was a real ‘ feel good ‘ film and a lot of good performances , but maybe too sugar sweet for some . 

Has anyone seen Poor Things, is it any good?

However good it is, it would be weird to see a film based on Glasgow-set Alasdair Gray novel with Glasgow erased and set in London instead. 

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the "found footage" tag - Late Night with the Devil has almost all positive reviews