Indyref 2 (2) - Page 240 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Wings has seemingly been on the ball right from the start

£600,000 was raised by the SNP through campaign funding and was supposed to be ringfenced for an Independence campaign

It was obviously spent on other things and when the SNP were asked where it was, Murrell and others have "cooked the books" to pretend it was still there.

How that translates into a two year investigation and the Procurator Fiscal taking someone to court for it i have no idea

Could there be more to it? 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

So I have no idea what to believe.  However I am pretty sure that Alex Salmond will be having a dram tonight (while hoping the investigation extends to Murrell and Lloyds role in coordinating complaints against him).

Would not be surprised if this was the case

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Could there be more to it? 

You would think there must be

However i don't think at any time Wings has suggested there has been any personal gain from the "embezzlement"

Bit of a clusterfuck.  Would be quite funny if it turned out that Murrell was in the pay of the British state all along.

I know all governing parties come up with some daft policies, but it seems to me that the Sturgeon version of the SNP have brought forward almost nothing but unpopular policies - even the recent 30% increase in minimum alcohol prices during a cost of living crisis could have been thought up specifically to lose votes.  I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's deliberate - malice rather than incompetence.  Those promoting these daft policies know exactly what they are doing.

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

Bit of a clusterfuck.  Would be quite funny if it turned out that Murrell was in the pay of the British state all along.

I know all governing parties come up with some daft policies, but it seems to me that the Sturgeon version of the SNP have brought forward almost nothing but unpopular policies - even the recent 30% increase in minimum alcohol prices during a cost of living crisis could have been thought up specifically to lose votes.  I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's deliberate - malice rather than incompetence.  Those promoting these daft policies know exactly what they are doing.

😂😂🤣🤣 really, I can’t blame you for thinking that given how ludicrous the party has become but sadly that has more to do with the greens than the British state!

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

😂😂🤣🤣 really, I can’t blame you for thinking that given how ludicrous the party has become but sadly that has more to do with the greens than the British state!

Rainbow Greens petitioning their leaders to end Bute House agreement. The fact that they want to do this on the basis of pausing puberty blockers rather than on the abandonment of some key net zero targets (which you'd think was a priority for environmentalists) says a lot about the priorities of some in the Green party.

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

You would think there must be

However i don't think at any time Wings has suggested there has been any personal gain from the "embezzlement"

After a years investigation the timings a bit iffy, Westminster Tories up to their necks in sleeze with not much coverage/questions raised about it, certainly no police tents been put up outside any homes. The British puppet press should be ashamed to be called reporters, true reporters/press would be digging deep to find out what the Tory sleaze bags have been getting up to.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

After a years investigation the timings a bit iffy, Westminster Tories up to their necks in sleeze with not much coverage/questions raised about it, certainly no police tents been put up outside any homes. The British puppet press should be ashamed to be called reporters, true reporters/press would be digging deep to find out what the Tory sleaze bags have been getting up to.

I'm not sure journalists are guilty here. I'd cast my suspicion more towards the authorities, i.e. the police and judiciary (certainly in the Tory westminster cases). The polis by their nature tend to be conservative. In Scotland that probably translates to unionism.

For the SNP, I'm fairly sure the tents were theatre. 'Political policing' to borrow a phrase from Northern Ireland. The timing may well also fall under that description. We'll see how that plays out re the election.

All that said, Murrell may well end up being found guilty. I imagine it'll all come down to whether the 600k indyref2 fund can be legally argued as separate to SNP funds (i.e. the crux of bawbag Sean Clerkin's police complaint from 3 years ago that kicked all this off).

Edited by Dave78

9 hours ago, Alibi said:

It does make you wonder, doesn't it? Support for independence has remained firm for the past decade and demographics suggest it's likely to increase, and now we're seeing the main political vehicle towards achieving independence potentially on the verge of going bust (I don't think that's too much of an exaggeration).

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Rainbow Greens petitioning their leaders to end Bute House agreement. The fact that they want to do this on the basis of pausing puberty blockers rather than on the abandonment of some key net zero targets (which you'd think was a priority for environmentalists) says a lot about the priorities of some in the Green party.

There was a lassie from the English Green party on Question Time last night and she didn't mention puberty blockers, pronouns, or sex change operations on the NHS once. Instead she spoke eloquently and insightfully about policies to help the environment. It was very refreshing! 😄

33 minutes ago, scotlad said:

There was a lassie from the English Green party on Question Time last night and she didn't mention puberty blockers, pronouns, or sex change operations on the NHS once. Instead she spoke eloquently and insightfully about policies to help the environment. It was very refreshing! 😄

I didnae see it, but i'm guessing she wasn't asked about them?

If i'm wrong, forgive me. It's just i see so many complaints about politicians not 'talking enough about'/'talking too much about' any given subject, all while they don't realise that what they hear is completely filtered by the media and their agenda.

Scottish Greens to vote on whether to scrap Bute House Agreement with SNP in move that could see Patrick Harvie and Lorna Slater leave government.

58 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I didnae see it, but i'm guessing she wasn't asked about them?

If i'm wrong, forgive me. It's just i see so many complaints about politicians not 'talking enough about'/'talking too much about' any given subject, all while they don't realise that what they hear is completely filtered by the media and their agenda.

She wasn't, no. Strangely it was like there were other issues that were a higher priority for people.

I understand what you're saying and I have seen the media playing that game in the past, but I pay attention to politics in this country, where the Greens are partners in government with the SNP, and save for a botched deposit return scheme (which, incidentally, I am in favour of, in principle) and some stuff to do with insulation in homes, I'm struggling to think of many distinctly green policies that they've brought to the table.

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Scottish Greens to vote on whether to scrap Bute House Agreement with SNP in move that could see Patrick Harvie and Lorna Slater leave government.

Potentially the best piece of news to have emerged in the past 48 hours!

15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

good.  Fucking crackpots.   Just watch them sook up to labour if they get a sniff of another hung parliament.

harvie, slater, chapman and the ginger prick.  Student politics elevated to reAl life when they hardly had a vote between them.

After all the calls for the SNP to ditch the Greens over the past few years due to question marks over how beneficial the partnership has been, tail wagging dog, etc. - it would be ironic if the Greens were actually to be the ones to ditch the SNP. 

23 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

After all the calls for the SNP to ditch the Greens over the past few years due to question marks over how beneficial the partnership has been, tail wagging dog, etc. - it would be ironic if the Greens were actually to be the ones to ditch the SNP. 

I'd be amazed if the Greens pull out. There's too.much power and money to lose. Suspect that'll override any ideological concerns...

I hate the greens, I have prior to the bute house agreement, can anyone tell me the benefits they have brought to the SNP? Another one to add to the list of idiotically obvious vote losing policies from the snp,, you would half think it’s intentional 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

1 hour ago, mariokempes said:

I'd be amazed if the Greens pull out. There's too.much power and money to lose. Suspect that'll override any ideological concerns...

Agreed

My thoughts were that there is no way Harvie & Slater would give up the dosh

However we have to take into account it will be the membership that decides and a good proportion of them are extremists along with men pretending to be women

image.thumb.jpeg.2380c384075f1dc6e3265f173f31a216.jpeg

It might br a clever ploy in key met zero targets being ditched so that if the Greens pulled out then Yousaf can pass the buck onto the Greens with the 'this was a matter for the Green Party' narrative.

I actually hope it happens. Slater showed her true colours by saying independence wouldn't be a red line if Labour didn't win a majority in 2026 should they be approached as a potential coalition partner. They ain't a party of independence 

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

It might br a clever ploy in key met zero targets being ditched so that if the Greens pulled out then Yousaf can pass the buck onto the Greens with the 'this was a matter for the Green Party' narrative.

I actually hope it happens. Slater showed her true colours by saying independence wouldn't be a red line if Labour didn't win a majority in 2026 should they be approached as a potential coalition partner. They ain't a party of independence 

Wonder if this will get the same coverage on TV and Radio as the Scottish Government ditching targets - not to mention cunts like Lumsden being doorstepped

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68863796

Chris Stark: Rishi Sunak has set us back, head of climate change watchdog says

Rishi Sunak has "set us back" on climate change and left the UK at risk of falling behind other countries, according to the head of a government watchdog, the Climate Change Committee.

In an exclusive interview with the BBC, Chris Stark said the prime minister had "clearly not made [climate change] as much of a priority as his predecessors".

It's various councillors asking for a vote I think. As stated the membership will decide.

We just need Kate Forbes in as FM now so the fantasy counterfactual crowd will see very little change in circumstances.

2 hours ago, phart said:

It's various councillors asking for a vote I think. As stated the membership will decide.

We just need Kate Forbes in as FM now so the fantasy counterfactual crowd will see very little change in circumstances.

I can place a bet of any amount that polling and performance of the SNP will go up if KF  becomes leader of the SNP