Indyref 2 (2) - Page 228 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

SNP are currently heading for a big shock in the GE and it’s all of their own making. What a shambles. 

said it 18 months ago… pandering to the greens on far left fringe policies totally out of touch with the average person

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

labour are doing the right thing.  Rooting out antisemitism in the party.

Moron

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

SNP are currently heading for a big shock in the GE and it’s all of their own making. What a shambles. 

So are we thinking that the large Survation poll carried out over the last couple of weeks suggesting 41 SNP seats, 14 to Labour and 2 to LibDem is way off the mark?

2 minutes ago, Northern Light said:

So are we thinking that the large Survation poll carried out over the last couple of weeks suggesting 41 SNP seats, 14 to Labour and 2 to LibDem is way off the mark?

Yes completely and totally… I can say that with a huge amount of confidence 

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes completely and totally… I can say that with a huge amount of confidence 

That would be my feeling as well so how have they managed to get it so wrong? Is it a turnout issue (SNP supporters less likely to vote than Labour in a GE at the moment) or something else?

6 minutes ago, Northern Light said:

That would be my feeling as well so how have they managed to get it so wrong? Is it a turnout issue (SNP supporters less likely to vote than Labour in a GE at the moment) or something else?

Voter apathy will be massive witching yer casual snp voters, also Tory voters in the central belt will all go to labour,, the Tory vote in the northeast will hold up, snp’s will collapse.. idiotic policy after idiotic policy,, regardless of how much you want independence this will put most off 

Lets take a vote on here.. If the election was tomorrow who are people voting for? 
Labour ? Nobody? Is the SNP losing massively , and very possibly then losing the Holyrood election due to the media smelling blood and the guaranteed  onslaught, is this really going to make people feel better ? Is it going to make Scotland a fairer country? Losing free prescriptions, free university tuition, the additional benefits for impoverished familles , free bus travel for old and young , reduced rail fares, mitigation of bedroom tax , no chance ever of a referendum? 

But at least that hugely powerful trans group will have been told and JK Rowling will be happy 👍

Surely the time for a protest vote is at the Holyrood elections, not a Westminster election? No SNP policies are going to get enacted even if they won every seat but every vote for a Unionist party will be taken as a vote for the continuation of the Union. SNP isn't perfect but it is currently the best vehicle for independence as James Kelly (Alba) pointed out in Scotland goes Pop a couple of weeks back.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm going to make a bet that very little comes of it

I might want to take this back - and it is a global issue rather than an SNP one

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Voter apathy will be massive witching yer casual snp voters, also Tory voters in the central belt will all go to labour,, the Tory vote in the northeast will hold up, snp’s will collapse.. idiotic policy after idiotic policy,, regardless of how much you want independence this will put most off 

absolutely this

50 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Lets take a vote on here.. If the election was tomorrow who are people voting for? 
Labour ? Nobody? Is the SNP losing massively , and very possibly then losing the Holyrood election due to the media smelling blood and the guaranteed  onslaught, is this really going to make people feel better ? Is it going to make Scotland a fairer country? Losing free prescriptions, free university tuition, the additional benefits for impoverished familles , free bus travel for old and young , reduced rail fares, mitigation of bedroom tax , no chance ever of a referendum? 

But at least that hugely powerful trans group will have been told and JK Rowling will be happy 👍

the snp have themselves to blame.  From a great position 10 years ago to a shambles now.

led by an incompetent, misguided charlatan that had removed independence from the agenda and focused on minority non issues.

i am glad JK Rowling will be happy - she is absolutely correct in all her tweets. That willowby is a clown and denier of scientific fact.  I have no problem if they want to live in their own fantasy land to their hearts content but dont tell other people they cant call you as a biological man if thats what you are. Its not illegal to state facts… at least it shouldn’t be.

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Voted snp since 74, never again until the utter idiots and gross incompetents are ousted from the top. And I suspect only annihilation will possibly permit that but even then not so sure. SNP will cling on for years hoovering up enough of the fulking gullible "were with Nicola" brigade to prevent other newer independence parties to gain traction. 

It's over and I'll be deid before we see independence.  I hate these bsstards with evert atom. Hate..giid word fir today.

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Exactly right. The Scottish Parliament is basically just a mitigation forum. I don't believe that Labour can or will mitigate any better in terms of taking the edge off the damage done by the UK govt (economy, foreign policy, budgets/spending affecting our 'grant', most taxation, lobbying/corruption etc) The only time you see a UK politician up here is for a business opportunity. I'm on the fence about a lot of the more contentious policies that get kicked about but that is the way of (some of) the modern world at the moment; it's not something being dreamt up by the SNP or Greens so no point behaving like it is. 

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

the snp have themselves to blame.  From a great position 10 years ago to a shambles now.

led by an incompetent, misguided charlatan that had removed independence from the agenda and focused on minority non issues.

i am glad JK Rowling will be happy - she is absolutely correct in all her tweets. That willowby is a clown and denier of scientific fact.  I have no problem if they want to live in their own fantasy land to their hearts content but dont tell other people they cant call you as a biological man if thats what you are. Its not illegal to state facts… at least it shouldn’t be.

Forgive me for treating anything you say with the same disdain and disinterest Malcolm 👍 You have shown time and time again you have as much interest in Scottish independence as , well, the party you are naturally aligned to. 

As for JK Rowling, well, I am sure she will soon find another controversial issue to champion and keep herself in the spotlight . The fact you choose to focus on this issue rather than the numerous positive policies is very telling. 

9 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Exactly right. The Scottish Parliament is basically just a mitigation forum. I don't believe that Labour can or will mitigate any better in terms of taking the edge off the damage done by the UK govt (economy, foreign policy, budgets/spending affecting our 'grant', most taxation, lobbying/corruption etc) The only time you see a UK politician up here is for a business opportunity. I'm on the fence about a lot of the more contentious policies that get kicked about but that is the way of (some of) the modern world at the moment; it's not something being dreamt up by the SNP or Greens so no point behaving like it is. 

Yep,  this trans stuff is going on over the  world but you would think it was only Scotland that was affected by it. 
It’s frustrating as hell for everyone who wants independence. There is a lot of anger and blame going on which achieves the total some of bugger all unless some action is actually taken.

If Humza is a liability and Forbes or Flynn are seen as turning the party around then Humza needs to go before the general election. I think it will be too late afterwards. I don’t think he is a bad person but he isnt a leader. I would rather this get dealt with now.

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yep,  this trans stuff is going on over the  world but you would think it was only Scotland that was affected by it. 
It’s frustrating as hell for everyone who wants independence. There is a lot of anger and blame going on which achieves the total some of bugger all unless some action is actually taken.

If Humza is a liability and Forbes or Flynn are seen as turning the party around then Humza needs to go before the general election. I think it will be too late afterwards. I don’t think he is a bad person but he isnt a leader. I would rather this get dealt with now.

If there is a new leader and they decide the main focus or unifying goal is independence only, then the press/yoons will have a ball asking about all the 'poor governance' and 'getting on with the day job' stuff. When they do try and do something devolved then it gets whipped up into a 'lunatic fringe' policy with various misrepresentation so it's impossible to make an informed judgement. Repeat to fade...😐

Edited by StirlingEgg

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Forgive me for treating anything you say with the same disdain and disinterest Malcolm 👍 You have shown time and time again you have as much interest in Scottish independence as , well, the party you are naturally aligned to. 

As for JK Rowling, well, I am sure she will soon find another controversial issue to champion and keep herself in the spotlight . The fact you choose to focus on this issue rather than the numerous positive policies is very telling. 

independence was the only policy that the snp had that remotely interested me and was why I previously voted for them.  Now they have removed it and lurched to the far left I have no reason to consider voting for them.  As I said numerous times my ideal party would be a right wing nationalist party that was pro European  but it doesn’t exist.

11 hours ago, Goozay said:

Except she admitted she would.  

She gave an answer to a hypothetical question. Kate Forbes wasn't even an MSP when the vote on same-sex marriage took place. Humza, on the other hand, was, and he conveniently made him scarce on the day of the vote (for possibly spurious reasons too).

Kate Forbes's views on a vote that took place around a decade before she ran for leader should really have had no bearing on her ability to do that job going forward, any more than her stance on the repealing of the Corn Laws or how she might have voted on the Witchcraft Act. As far as I am aware she hasn't let her faith or her personal views on same-sex marriage affect her ability to represent her constituents.

There are valid doubts over her suitability to be SNP leader but the one that caused such a stushie last time should not be one of them.

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The big problem is that it is the SNP at Holyrood who will more or less decide who is the leader/FM

We saw at the last leadership election numerous trumpets saying they would not serve in a Kate Forbes cabinet

That was the moment i decided to leave the SNP if Humza won because it was crystal clear that there is a large tranche of elected SNP MSPs that are not one bit interested in Independence and they need to go

That's a good point. We might end up with Jenny Gilruth or Angus Robertson or someone as FM!  😧

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am voting SNP. No way am I putting a cross in the box of any  party whose vote is perceived as a vote for this corrupt union. If others on here wish to 'support the union' bash on and vote Labour, Tory or Lib Dem but whatever your reason for doing it it will be chalked up as a vote for the union.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am voting SNP. No way am I putting a cross in the box of any  party whose vote is perceived as a vote for this corrupt union. If others on here wish to 'support the union' bash on and vote Labour, Tory or Lib Dem but whatever your reason for doing it it will be chalked up as a vote for the union.

I cant and i wont vote SNP at the next election,, as a member it is a hard thing to do however i honestly 100% believe that thumping at the next election is the best thing not only for the SNP, but for independence in the long run,, the worst thing possible would be for the result to be just good enough to keep the idiots in charge of the party,, sturgeon and her legacy eh?

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I might want to take this back - and it is a global issue rather than an SNP one

remember when i was getting a bit of stick for saying the trans bullshit would not be forgotten about in a few weeks? another one to mark off my list as being on the money,, next one will be labours resurgence that i called when they were polling at 2 seats