Indyref 2 (2) - Page 187 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Clearly I am not going to announce that here, but if you have a look at twitter you will see where the speculation is directed.

Plenty of people weren’t so cautious back in February.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Whilst the British government held parties at 10 Downing Street - bit rich these claims. My guess is they have come from those of a Labour persuasion.

You might be right. Although, if it has been Labour who have been stirring it they should maybe be careful what they wish for. 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I read that ‘news’ yesterday. Might be true , might not, but it seems just a little too convenient immediately after the scathing UK government covid report.
It may be the case the union are starting to over play their hand. It would seem for every uk government scandal they need to find an equally bad SNP story. 

That's the standard operating procedure of the British press nowadays. 

Another angle, though, is the recent positive poll for the SNP and independence, and Humza's impressive response (relative to the leaders of the two main UK parties) to the Gaza situation, which made him at least look like a statesman. 

The SNP looked down and out a couple of months ago; this could be their opponents attempting to trample on green shoots of recovery.

8 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I read it alright, just interested to who I was spreading rumours about in February 

You and others, although tbf, Freeedom appears to have been the most active. 

Edited by aaid

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

You might be right. Although, if it has been Labour who have been stirring it they should maybe be careful what they wish for. 

That's the standard operating procedure of the British press nowadays. 

Another angle, though, is the recent positive poll for the SNP and independence, and Humza's impressive response (relative to the leaders of the two main UK parties) to the Gaza situation, which made him at least look like a statesman. 

The SNP looked down and out a couple of months ago; this could be their opponents attempting to trample on green shoots of recovery.

TBH the fact that the press haven’t been all over this is worrying as I know for a fact they have had this story for long enough. Madness that senior msp’s pushed for him for “promotion” when these allegations were flying about.. 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Given that Labour may well be the biggest obstacle to Scottish independence in the next few years, I thought it appropriate to post here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67604830

Starmer praising Thatcher. Add it to the list of reasons not to vote Labour and why they are not a solution for Scotland.

I read that last night and thought the same thing. Wtf has Labour turned into . I have absolutely no idea who or what they represent now. How is Sarwar going to sell that to Scotland. No doubt the compliant media will airbrush it out of any interview but anyone with a modicum of compassion should think long and hard about voting Labour. 

21 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

TBH the fact that the press haven’t been all over this is worrying as I know for a fact they have had this story for long enough. Madness that senior msp’s pushed for him for “promotion” when these allegations were flying about.. 

its also madness that he went for promotion with it in the closet, which makes me extremely sceptical of its validity. 
He would need to be more stupid than a very stupid thing . I dont rate Humza but I dont think he is a dumb as that either. How on earth would he think that wouldn’t come out ? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

its also madness that he went for promotion with it in the closet, which makes me extremely sceptical of its validity. 
He would need to be more stupid than a very stupid thing . I dont rate Humza but I dont think he is a dumb as that either. How on earth would he think that wouldn’t come out ? 

That’s the question, if it is true(there must be something to it) why has he went for the position when exposure could seriously hurt the part and independence? Either he’s not very bright and thought he would get away with it or he has been given reassurance that it would be contained and not allowed to come out. 

14 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

That’s the question, if it is true(there must be something to it) why has he went for the position when exposure could seriously hurt the part and independence? Either he’s not very bright and thought he would get away with it or he has been given reassurance that it would be contained and not allowed to come out. 

Why must there be something to it ? A few years ago I heard a similar thing about AS and a very high profile person . Granted it wasn’t during covid but it would still be big news. To my knowledge it has never come out. Was that rubbish or AS being stupid ? 

You would need to be arrogant as hell to think this would not come out. There are absolutely no reassurances these days. If it is true he absolutely does not deserve to be in this position. 

Why must there be something to it ? A few years ago I heard a similar thing about AS and a very high profile person . Granted it wasn’t during covid but it would still be big news. To my knowledge it has never come out. Was that rubbish or AS being stupid ? 

You would need to be arrogant as hell to think this would not come out. There are absolutely no reassurances these days. If it is true he absolutely does not deserve to be in this position. 

Of course a lot of stuff came out about Salmond in a way that nobody expected and not just about the actual charges.

If there was something I suspect it was some years back.  The scuttlebutt described her as a staffer when the rumours were going round in February.   She was a staffer in 2015, she also got married in 2015, I’m pretty certain that he was separated from his first wife.  If anything went on then its nobody’s business but their’s. 

I think the whole COVID thing is bollocks. 

I heard there was something going on before before covid came on the go, that’s why I believe it to be true. Regarding AS, I wouldn’t be surprised tbh, I heard him and  one of his senior cabinet members shared a room at a local hotel, was a lifeboat fundraising doo, only one room booked, two of them there. Well that’s what the hotel manager said 

In NHS dentist this morning, 5 in waiting room, me and four English men over the age of 50, two are disabled and two are by the ook of it, retired.. I will say it again that folk of certain demographics are being encouraged to move north of the border,, this census will be interesting 

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

In NHS dentist this morning, 5 in waiting room, me and four English men over the age of 50, two are disabled and two are by the ook of it, retired.. I will say it again that folk of certain demographics are being encouraged to move north of the border,, this census will be interesting 

I don't think people are necessarily being 'encouraged' to move north. If house prices are cheaper on average in Scotland than some parts of England then it might just make financial sense, especially with other benefits re. health care. 

Wonder what the remaining SNP loyalists think of this - those that know about it that is

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-spiders-web/

The Scottish Government will make history tomorrow. For the first time ever since the advent of devolution 24 years ago, it will take the Scottish Information Commissioner to the Court Of Session to prevent disclosure of information.

What they’re trying to keep from public view is the written evidence received by James Hamilton, who wrote the report into whether or not Nicola Sturgeon broke the Ministerial Code during her government’s unlawful investigation into false allegations concerning Alex Salmond.

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Wonder what the remaining SNP loyalists think of this - those that know about it that is

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-spiders-web/

The Scottish Government will make history tomorrow. For the first time ever since the advent of devolution 24 years ago, it will take the Scottish Information Commissioner to the Court Of Session to prevent disclosure of information.

What they’re trying to keep from public view is the written evidence received by James Hamilton, who wrote the report into whether or not Nicola Sturgeon broke the Ministerial Code during her government’s unlawful investigation into false allegations concerning Alex Salmond.

My membership expired recently and I haven't renewed so far.

IMHO no government should be attempting to do this.  It's on a par with the lying alphabet women (I assume they are women but hard to be sure given the secrecy) being given lifetime anonymity.  My thoughts are "what are they trying to hide?".  I very much hope they don't manage to prevent the release of the information, although no doubt someone higher up the UK establishment food chain will decide.