Indyref 2 (2) - Page 45 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

irrelevant to the discussion.  By the same argument why bother having any disclosure checks and just let paedophiles become primary school teachers. It’s about risk.  Why was the specific amendment to preclude rapists and sexual offenders voted down?  If this leads to any woman being harmed in a safe space sturgeon and harvie should be held criminally accountable and off to jail.

Facts are facts. A human born with a cock is a man.

It is totally relevant to the discussion. Evil lurks everywhere in mankind in whatever the sex or whatever gender you want to label them as. A sex pervert or potential murderer has that urge within from an early age before trans-genderism is even given a thought.

To me it is abundantly clear that people and posters here are absolutely desperate to make so much more of this for their own agenda beit leverage SNP out of power for a fairytale return of Salmond or to win a few more seats and some semblance of power to the Tories. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Very good then please do yourself and everyone here a favour and resign from the SNP. The party does not need underminers in it and it will free you up to go full on Alba Party like Tartan Tonna.. You clearly have nothing in common with it so I am gobsmacked you have remained within it for so long. 

And who the hell are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do. I will be a member as long as I want

Edited by hampden_loon2878

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

And who the hell are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t do. I will be a member as long as I want

Are you for real?

By your own admittance on here you will never vote for SNP again and you have put up undermining posts to the SNP up here for so long its unbelievable. Either your posts are totally on the wind-up and you secretly support the SNP and you need to come out and say so or you no longer support the SNP in which case what is the point in remaining a member as you are lying to yourself and associating yourself with a party you have come to clearly detest.

1 hour ago, DOUBLE A said:

I don’t tend to get involved in these discussions as it doesn’t affect me in any way  but just wanted to ask how the bill affects you and what is is you are so against ? From what I understand it’s been in the planning for over 7 years and has quite a bit of cross party support including some from the Tories.

I work in an office with 25/30 people and probably have a similar friends/family group, there is a big variation in age and political persuasion ( a good few hate the SNP) and I’ve not heard one person speak about the bill at all, possibly because it doesn’t affect any of them 

Doesn’t effect me personally being a heterosexual male, nether do 90% of policies.

actually it does effect me as it makes the snp look like idiots and therefore independence less likely 

29 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Are you for real?

By your own admittance on here you will never vote for SNP again and you have put up undermining posts to the SNP up here for so long its unbelievable. Either your posts are totally on the wind-up and you secretly support the SNP and you need to come out and say so or you no longer support the SNP in which case what is the point in remaining a member as you are lying to yourself and associating yourself with a party you have come to clearly detest.

When did I say I would never vote them again? If you are too stupid to realise the implications this will have on independence then I can’t help that. Absolute fucking idiocy of the highest order, the snp are elected to further the chances of independence. Does this do that? Does it fuck 

16 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

When did I say I would never vote them again? If you are too stupid to realise the implications this will have on independence then I can’t help that. Absolute fucking idiocy of the highest order, the snp are elected to further the chances of independence. Does this do that? Does it fuck 

completely agree. Just alienated a massive proportion of the electorate.

23 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You clearly said you would not vote for them again with Sturgeon as leader. Grow a backbone son. Jack in your membership and make a proper stand and begin canvassing for Alba or whatever party you truly support. If you truly hate the SNP now then you are guilty by association. And I guarantee come the next election this bill will do sod all to the party's vote share although you and Tory Malc would love it to be different.

14 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You clearly said you would not vote for them again with Sturgeon as leader. Grow a backbone son. Jack in your membership and make a proper stand and begin canvassing for Alba or whatever party you truly support. If you truly hate the SNP now then you are guilty by association. And I guarantee come the next election this bill will do sod all to the party's vote share although you and Tory Malc would love it to be different.

So you’re saying sturgeon will be in charge for ever. I don’t hate the snp, I hate sturgeon. I will carry on my membership as it will need the real independence supporters to pick it off the ground when sturgeon runs it into the ground. She has well and truly split the party. That is her legacy 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

A question for all the supposed Pro-Indy people on here - not Malcolm.

When the bill passes at some point over the next couple of days - because it will pass - if the UKG subsequently objects to it and refers it to the UKSC what is your view.

Do you think that it the UKG can strike down law passed by the Scottish Parliament or not?

If you think it’s acceptable when it’s something which you don’t like then you don’t really support independence.

It's a good question aaid. My view: I don't like the law at all, but it's our law, a Scottish Law. A law that we might even decide to reverse in the future (I personally hope we will). But UKG has no business interfering with it.

What's your view (both about the law and the UKG's likely interference in it?)

1 minute ago, mcguffin said:

It's a good question aaid. My view: I don't like the law at all, but it's our law, a Scottish Law. A law that we might even decide to reverse in the future (I personally hope we will). But UKG has no business interfering with it.

What's your view (both about the law and the UKG's likely interference in it?)

My view is that the majority of the complaints around the bill have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual bill.

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

My view is that the majority of the complaints around the bill have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual bill.

You would say that though, you are completely blinded by your love of sturgeon, you mUst have had me blocked or on silent this morning, your posts only appearing now 😂

Edited by hampden_loon2878

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You would say that though, you are completely blinded by your love of sturgeon, you mUst have had me blocked or on silent this morning, your posts only appearing now 😂

You talk such utter nonsense 99% of the time it's hardly worth responding to them.

21 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

On that point, I am in full agreement with you 👍. Zero for me too (however much I disagree with our own parliament's decisions).

As much as I hate what this bill will do to the snp and independence, it’s for our parliament to decide. Heard a few folk saying they feel disillusioned with holyrood 

5 hours ago, daviebee said:

When you find yourself agreeing with the likes of Murdo Fraser then you know things are seriously fked up.  I find it hard to believe that the SNP have let themselves get dragged into this quagmire.

I don't. That's what happens when you  let moon units like Ross Greer and Harvie dictate policy.

I don't know one person in my social circle, majority of whom are snp voters, that doesn't think this political suicide. 

Pretty sure we aren't alone. 

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't. That's what happens when you  let moon units like Ross Greer and Harvie dictate policy.

I don't know one person in my social circle, majority of whom are snp voters, that doesn't think this political suicide. 

am glad you said that ; as i'd thought they done something to the water since i left in 2006 ....

was actually having a heated debate with the other half at weekend re all the nonsense thats being forced upon us now ; i was citing the case of the teacher in canada with the size Z ? fake breasts ; and how that would affect the kids etc etc

the pendulum is swinging so far to the left , and people wonder why there is so many right wing nut jobs out there now

polarization express

25 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

was actually having a heated debate with the other half at weekend re all the nonsense thats being forced upon us now ; i was citing the case of the teacher in canada with the size Z ? fake breasts ; and how that would affect the kids etc etc

Kids will probably be better able to deal with it than their parents, bigotry tends to be a learned trait - usually passed down.

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That can’t be right, some on here say nobody gives a shit about it, bunch of space cadets