Foreign football - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Foreign football

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

Good on him

I'll stop short of praising him, I think he's a future fifa player of the year buy I also think he's like rashford, lots of virtue signalling but underneath he's a cunt

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a few national league matches lately. Woking, Aldershot and Eastleigh

There's a couple of Scots playing in those teams. Chris maguire plays for Eastleigh, he's still a moaning little gimp who tries the spectacular effort every time and spectacularly fails 😆 

Scott Cuthbert plays centre back for woking. He was solid in their Derby match against Aldershot 

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll stop short of praising him, I think he's a future fifa player of the year buy I also think he's like rashford, lots of virtue signalling but underneath he's a cunt

Aye he's a cracking player but obviously loves himself. Hopefully he falls apart before he gets to the balon dor

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 8:51 AM, McTeeko said:

Just heading to Milan now for the game at San Siro. Back to Bergamo this afternoon for the wife’s birthday meal. Recommended to go to Mimmo so have a table booked there for this evening 👍🏼

How was Da Mimmo? We're out for the Sassuolo game this weekend and starting to get sorted for reservations etc. 

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

How was Da Mimmo? We're out for the Sassuolo game this weekend and starting to get sorted for reservations etc. 

Give it a massive miss! We were hugely disappointed. A pretty sparse menu (no kids menu either) and I remember both my wife and I leaving pretty pissed off as it was recommended and booked for us by our host at our accommodation. 

Have a great weekend in Bergamo though! This your first Atalanta game?

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

😬 yeah first game on our third visit. Previous 2 were close season. 

They’re having another good season. Although Sassuolo are no mugs - it was them who pumped Milan 5-2 in the San Siro when we were there a year ago. Josh Doig playing too so a wee added interest 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

53 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Always to be remembered for costing punters thousands as he took the penalty in the final rather than Lothar Matthaus who shat it

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Always to be remembered for costing punters thousands as he took the penalty in the final rather than Lothar Matthaus who shat it

Did not know that, knew he was a player though... Not that old either...

Paris St-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe has agreed to join Real Madrid this summer.

He is set to sign a five-year deal with Real, earning 15m euros (£12.8m) a season, plus a 150m euro (£128m) signing-on bonus to be paid over five years, and he will keep a percentage of his image rights.

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Did not know that, knew he was a player though... Not that old either...

Matthaus was the Captain and regular penalty taker

It was widely predicted that the final would be a negative affair with the winning goal likely to be a set piece or penalty

Matthaus also went into the final game on 4 goals which was 2 behind Schillaci for the golden boot 

( check out Schillaci's wigs nowadays )

Anyway reportedly Matthaus had to change his boots during the game and he didn't "feel comfortable" in them to take the penalty

The rage in the boozer was memorable

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It was my sons christening the day of the final, we put the telly in the garden and had a sweep, I picked brehme to score first goal, think it was £5 a ticket, helped pay for the drink 😄

25 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

It was my sons christening the day of the final, we put the telly in the garden and had a sweep, I picked brehme to score first goal, think it was £5 a ticket, helped pay for the drink 😄

🤣

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Totally agree with you there. Fantastic player.

Scored in the semi-final with the free-kick against England with his left foot, scored the penalty winner in the final with his right foot. 
No-one really knew what was his favoured foot. Class player 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Scored in the semi-final with the free-kick against England with his left foot, scored the penalty winner in the final with his right foot. 
No-one really knew what was his favoured foot. Class player 👍🏼

👍

Not sure whether this is football or news thread:

'Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe says his "preference" is to build a new stadium for the club that can also "serve the north of England". United have played at Old Trafford since 1910, but Ratcliffe acknowledged it had become "tired and in need of refurbishment". 

"It's about time someone built a national stadium in the north of England," said the British billionaire.

Ratcliffe added the potential project could be a "catalyst for regeneration" in south Manchester and would therefore warrant a "conversation" with the government about using taxpayers' money'

So one of the richest clubs in the world, owned by richest man in Britain wants taxpayers to subside his vanity project. Can't see the news going down well round Grangemouth.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

So one of the richest clubs in the world, owned by richest man in Britain wants taxpayers to subside his vanity project. Can't see the news going down well round Grangemouth.

It worked for Citeh and West Ham