Premier sports cup - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premier sports cup

8 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Ah well, a semi-final draw to kill enthusiasm. With seeding and byes the League Cup is harder to win than the Scottish Cup as you'll always have a minimum of 1 of them to beat. Odds on us beating them both in their own back yard are surely way higher than 7/1!?!?

1st game with my Dad in ages tonight, he clearly hasn't adjusted his expectations in line with the current standard of Scottish football lol! 🙂

Not according to Kenny Miller, he says this is the draw everyone wants. I know morons like him will blindly assume everyone wants to see the OF in a final but what pisses me off is nobody challenging this nonsense on live TV

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

As predicted, 3 teams from the south west and the team from the north east has to travel on a Sunday. 

They don’t even try to hide these things nowadays, it’s a fucking disgrace. 

Throw in the high probability of Beaton being the ref 🤬

23 hours ago, dandydunn said:

As predicted, 3 teams from the south west and the team from the north east has to travel on a Sunday. 

They don’t even try to hide these things nowadays, it’s a fucking disgrace. 

What steps can clubs take to change this? 

I understand the driver for TV and the lean towards favouring the 2 biggest clubs however the other clubs really need to start causing some issues to get their points over.

Theres bo reason for this game to be on the Sunday. Both games will be on the TV so broadcasters will get their OF fill. 

Also when it comes to tickets the default should be 50/50 split with the tickets for the smaller team being released in stages with time deadlines so that if they arent sold they can get moved to the bigger team to sell. This would lnt br hard to do. Give Aberdeen a stand behind the goals. Keep half the north and south stands empty, give them X amount of time to sell, if they then release a batch of north and south stand tickets closest to the aberdeen fans. If they dont sell then release the sections of the north and south closest to the rangers fans. Repeat until the gap closes and theres a full house.

A totally fair and practical way to do it.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I understand the driver for TV and the lean towards favouring the 2 biggest clubs however the other clubs really need to start causing some issues to get their points over.

Theres bo reason for this game to be on the Sunday. Both games will be on the TV so broadcasters will get their OF fill. 

Also when it comes to tickets the default should be 50/50 split with the tickets for the smaller team being released in stages with time deadlines so that if they arent sold they can get moved to the bigger team to sell. This would lnt br hard to do. Give Aberdeen a stand behind the goals. Keep half the north and south stands empty, give them X amount of time to sell, if they then release a batch of north and south stand tickets closest to the aberdeen fans. If they dont sell then release the sections of the north and south closest to the rangers fans. Repeat until the gap closes and theres a full house.

There is a reason, and it's to limit the number of Aberdeen fans, therefore providing further advantage to the huns

It's that simple

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Sorry Dons but I'm delighted with Saturday 5:30 ko. A few swallies in Glasgow before and after, probably to numb the pain but you never know....

You can manage that on the Sunday with a 3pm ko and still be home in 25 minutes

If football is really about the fans this decision makes no sense - This sort of shite happens too often

I'd support Cormack withdrawing and shining a light on these archaic, bias and self interested bunch of cunts

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Clubs can’t do anything because the league don’t care about the other 10, we’re simply an irrelevance and the quicker we get knocked out of the semi finals, the better it’ll be for them. 

43 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Clubs can’t do anything because the league don’t care about the other 10, we’re simply an irrelevance and the quicker we get knocked out of the semi finals, the better it’ll be for them. 

There is plenty the clubs can do because they are the league. The teams vote for wankers like Doncaster, the teams vote for the spfl board.

The problem is the teams in this league are bunch of self serving, short sighted wankers. Id hoped cormack would be different but he's just the same. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

There is plenty the clubs can do because they are the league. The teams vote for wankers like Doncaster, the teams vote for the spfl board.

The problem is the teams in this league are bunch of self serving, short sighted wankers. Id hoped cormack would be different but he's just the same. 

This exactly. There is loads that clubs can do either collectively or on their own.

Even something simple as giving very basic interviews etc, just make lots of little things more difficult.

On 10/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, Redz said:

You can manage that on the Sunday with a 3pm ko and still be home in 25 minutes

If football is really about the fans this decision makes no sense - This sort of shite happens too often

I'd support Cormack withdrawing and shining a light on these archaic, bias and self interested bunch of cunts

How you getting to killie in 25 mins from.hampden? A helicopter?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

On 10/22/2022 at 3:10 PM, vanderark14 said:

And Aberdeen voting against changing the 11-1 voting system when Rangers were out the league has them right at the top of the self serving league.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And Aberdeen voting against changing the 11-1 voting system when Rangers were out the league has them right at the top of the self serving league.

When I said teams that included aberdeen. Do you feel all warm inside because you got in a wee cheap shot in tho? 

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How you getting to killie in 25 mins from.hampden? A helicopter?

I guessed initially, based on my commute to Rutherglen back in the day

It's 33 mins right now on Google Maps - 8 mins out 🙄

Point still stands!

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Indeed, Stewart Milne is / was

No Aberdeen fan I know was happy with that, and he was told so at the time

It's been well documented on here by the Sheep that that absolutely is the case

I've no idea why it's continuously brought up as a stick to beat us with when we all agree

On 10/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, Redz said:

Absolute tosh

Football being for the fans, how would you have structured the semi's ?

He’s right though and doubling down on it makes it difficult to take you seriously. If Ramy came out came out with shite like that he’d be ridiculed relentlessly and quite rightly so.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

He’s right though and doubling down on it makes it difficult to take you seriously. If Ramy came out came out with shite like that he’d be ridiculed relentlessly and quite rightly so.

Listen, you're entitled to your opinion. I just think it's obvious, and wrong

I think we're done on this if the infantile suggestion is bringing Ramy into the equation