Premier sports cup - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premier sports cup

For some reason the Q-Finals are spread over Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Does anyone know how many games are on Thursday and if that's a TV night (i.e. whoever Rangers or Celtic are playing)? Aberdeen v Hearts the previous weekend moved to a Sunday so neither could play a Tuesday tie.

Basically we've been arranging a bus to Motherwell on the 22nd Oct, as it was the only day we could agree on, so praying neither them or us will be playing on the Thursday. Modern fitba!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Dons making hard work of this, but 1-3 at ht in et, should be comfortable now. 

Job done without playing well again. I still have concerns, some of those players just don't look good enough to me.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Job done without playing well again. I still have concerns, some of those players just don't look good enough to me.

Got goals in the team, problem is it’s at both ends 😵💫

10 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

And hopefully we'll repeat the result on Saturday for our first league win at Arbroath since 1973.

And Gayfield has been frozen in time ever since.  😁

Speaking of frozen, the coldest I was at football match last season was when we went there and got beat 3-1 - and that was in August!

14 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Looking forward to a trip to Gorgie under the lights tonight.

Another routine win there 😁

12 Killie victories from the last 17 games at Tynecastle, unbelievable record!

Edited by Toepoke

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If ever there was a fixture i'd like to play every week, it's this one!

Great night - few pre match beers in the Roseburn and a routine Killie victory. 

Does it give you a wee insight into how OF fans might manage to enjoy winning every week? 😂😉

• 1 month later...

Ah well, a semi-final draw to kill enthusiasm. With seeding and byes the League Cup is harder to win than the Scottish Cup as you'll always have a minimum of 1 of them to beat. Odds on us beating them both in their own back yard are surely way higher than 7/1!?!?

1st game with my Dad in ages tonight, he clearly hasn't adjusted his expectations in line with the current standard of Scottish football lol! :-)

7 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Ah well, a semi-final draw to kill enthusiasm. With seeding and byes the League Cup is harder to win than the Scottish Cup as you'll always have a minimum of 1 of them to beat. Odds on us beating them both in their own back yard are surely way higher than 7/1!?!?

1st game with my Dad in ages tonight, he clearly hasn't adjusted his expectations in line with the current standard of Scottish football lol! 🙂

There’s only been one OF final since 2010/11 though and I think Aberdeen  have a decent chance if Rangers continue with their current form. 
We play you twice before then so that will give an indication of how the game may go. 

Edited by EddardStark