#OorLadsOorTelly - Scotland games free-to-air PETITION!!! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

#OorLadsOorTelly - Scotland games free-to-air PETITION!!!

Bzzzz

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Viaplay were decent for Scotland matches, the main Commentator is very good. For domestic coverage they were just like sky and premier sports, basically old firm TV

I must say they've given me some of the most spine tingling commentary of Scotland goals I can ever remember

On 11/30/2023 at 7:43 AM, vanderark14 said:

Viaplay were decent for Scotland matches, the main Commentator is very good. For domestic coverage they were just like sky and premier sports, basically old firm TV

It was more the stability of the app I was meaning. Even the sky channel isn’t great quality. 

The Premier League has agreed a new record £6.7bn domestic television deal for Sky and TNT to show up to 270 live games a season.

The deal includes the BBC continuing to show highlights on Match of the Day.

The top flight said the deal, which covers the four years from the 2025-26 season, is the "largest sports media rights deal ever concluded in the UK".

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The Premier League has agreed a new record £6.7bn domestic television deal for Sky and TNT to show up to 270 live games a season.

The deal includes the BBC continuing to show highlights on Match of the Day.

The top flight said the deal, which covers the four years from the 2025-26 season, is the "largest sports media rights deal ever concluded in the UK".

Scotland should have fucked sky off years ago. Their coverage and knowledge of the Scottish game is beyond horrendous but Doncaster chased the cash and then bent over at the first offer from sky. 

The clubs in Scotlandsnd the SFA really need to have a long hard think to themselves and stop looking short term. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotland should have fucked sky off years ago. Their coverage and knowledge of the Scottish game is beyond horrendous but Doncaster chased the cash and then bent over at the first offer from sky. 

The clubs in Scotlandsnd the SFA really need to have a long hard think to themselves and stop looking short term. 

As I recall it you can lay the blame at the Old Firm's door. I think it was (or was it) around time Setanta deal collapsed. The majority of SPL clubs were up for setting up a new SPL TV Channel effectively cutting out the middleman which would mean more money ending up with the clubs and more level distribution. However, the Old Firm were against it as wanted to keep lion's share of any new deal they could set up with Sky etc. It went to a vote and I think the screwed up voting system has Celtic and Rangers holding 60% of vote so basically whatever they want in a vote it will happen and it did and new deal signed with Sky with the SPL TV channel booted into the long grass.

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, wanderer said:

BBC Scotland to screen the Northern Ireland and Finland matches

Good stuff, hopefully just the start of getting our games on free to air.

Hope it's still Rory Currie & Michael Stewart on commentary. Both were a breath of fresh air from the Ian Crocker & David Provan days 🙄

Edited by DesiScotsman

9 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

Hope it's still Rory Currie & Michael Stewart on commentary. Both were a breath of fresh air from the Ian Crocker & David Provan days 🙄

Currie I think is exclusive to Viaplay/Premier Sports, so most likely Rob MacLean with Faddy, with Neil McCann and Stewart in the studio.

1 hour ago, DesiScotsman said:

I don't think this will ve the start of games moving to free to air tv. 

Sky and other subscription based tv companies won't feel there is value in Scotland warm up matches. It would be a different story if this was a competitive match 

On 3/13/2024 at 3:52 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Are the away games on via play?

I think all 4 games are on Viaplay. Netherlands and NI games certainly are. Presumably BBC Scotland have struck some sort of deal with Viaplay to show the home games.