Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 48 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helen I am sure you were once a young bird who liked her nat king, what is wrong with young folk humping when they feel like it. Are you telling me it has never been one of your wishes to be rattled in your spiritual home that is celtic park or has that wish already been fulfilled. Hope you enjoy your visit and try not to annoy ant c#nt. If possible

british isles is purely a geographic term ; in the same way that portugal & spain are part of the iberian penisula

they however don't get bent out of shape at every opportunity

also the original name for the touring rugby team was the british isles / british lions ; modified in past 20 or so years i guess to pacify the lads from over the water

the kit has always been as far as i remember red white green navy blue to represent the 4 teams

was always curious why a ireland international rugby fixture wasn't played in the north (that am aware of anyway) as i thought that ulster contributed players to the unified team

this is an off tangent thread so thought safe to cross over into egg chasing parallels

was always curious why a ireland international rugby fixture wasn't played in the north (that am aware of anyway) as i thought that ulster contributed players to the unified team

this is an off tangent thread so thought safe to cross over into egg chasing parallels

Seems to cause all manner of stooshies, which probably explains why...

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/rugby-international-sparks-anthem-row-at-ravenhill-1-1891535

always annoys me when people say southern ireland too

the term eire appears to be old hat now also

when you step back the land mass containing UK and Ireland - incl the other islands has to be the most confusing on the globe

But is it not ppl who aint from the Republic have a tendancy to say Southern Ireland rather than the ppl actually from there?

I always say , im from the republic as do my mates

Eire isnt said as often as it used to be IMO alright, although "EIRE" is on the back of the Teams anthem Jackets

But is it not ppl who aint from the Republic have a tendancy to say Southern Ireland rather than the ppl actually from there?

I always say , im from the republic as do my mates

Eire isnt said as often as it used to be IMO alright, although "EIRE" is on the back of the Teams anthem Jackets

Probably mate. Or 'Free State B'Stards' which one of your own called you a few pages back :-)):-)):-))

I would always say Ireland and Northern Ireland. I realise to most sane people it doesn't matter too much, but people seem to go out of their way to be offended these days so yer best trying to get it right :D

From my time in Ireland the terms I can remember being pretty much universal were Ireland and 'the North', occasionally 'the Six Counties'. Don't remember anyone referring to EIRE or Northern Ireland, other than maybe the odd American or Brit.

Edited by Pool Q

Probably mate. Or 'Free State B'Stards' which one of your own called you a few pages back :-)):-)):-))

I would always say Ireland and Northern Ireland. I realise to most sane people it doesn't matter too much, but people seem to go out of their way to be offended these days so yer best trying to get it right :D

haha - what a lovely poster that troll was

I think ive a tendancy to say Republic when i meet ppl from the British Isles - purely because they realise that Ireland is split in 2 politically.

When I lived in Nth America - i used to always say Ireland in fairness when they asked me where i was from

But as you say.....its much of a muchness really mate , doesnt really make a difference

haha - what a lovely poster that troll was

I think ive a tendancy to say Republic when i meet ppl from the British Isles - purely because they realise that Ireland is split in 2 politically.

When I lived in Nth America - i used to always say Ireland in fairness when they asked me where i was from

But as you say.....its much of a muchness really mate , doesnt really make a difference

It makes a hell of a difference for those who are still under British Occupation. However I understand you - I am alright jack, to hell with the others.

Well try and do yer best to minimise spouting keech then. We have enough wallopers over here dying to drag this game into a British/ Irish , Celtic / Rangers debacle without anybody else joining in. By all means slag of our team etc but I and most of the people really don't want to know whether you consider yourself under British occupation or what should be sung in Gaelic.

Well try and do yer best to minimise spouting keech then. We have enough wallopers over here dying to drag this game into a British/ Irish , Celtic / Rangers debacle without anybody else joining in. By all means slag of our team etc but I and most of the people really don't want to know whether you consider yourself under British occupation or what should be sung in Gaelic.

There are young lads with Irish Usernames whose balls have hardly dropped, spouting shit about my country and my people - I will always reply.

It makes a hell of a difference for those who are still under British Occupation. However I understand you - I am alright jack, to hell with the others.

Not quite got the hang of this democracy and self determination bit have you?