Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 30 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are getting somewhere!!! .

No, we're not.

My main issue with you is the amount of toxic nonsense you've posted brings out the worst in other posters. You're an unwelcome, unflattering guest here Helen.

As other posters have said on here: away and gie us peace.

No, we're not.

My main issue with you is the amount of toxic nonsense you've posted brings out the worst in other posters. You're an unwelcome, unflattering guest here Helen.

As other posters have said on here: away and gie us peace.

OK - so when people attack me and talk shit about my country or Glasgow Celtic supporters it is all my fault and I have to go somewhere else? Why don't you use ignore???

Anyway it is obvious that this is not a genuine debating platform - just the usual internet shit. I have been in bed with bronchitis so it was a way of passing the time.

5) None of the above.

It appears you're unpopular with a lot of traditional TAMBERs plus a few of the Irish ones that have started posting recently.

There's women, Celtic fans, people of faith including Roman Catholic and now Irish folk all posting on here that don't provoke the reaction that you do.

The common denominator to the reaction you get on here is you and the nature and content of your posts.

It really is as simple as that.

Yes you are right - I am too old now not to speak my mind - others prefer a more diplomatic approach. Many times people have been angry about the "plastic paddies" or whatever - there are a percentage of people in Scotland who support Ireland, if they support any national team at all, should we ask why or just belittle them?

I am going over to Glasgow for this match because it is being played at Celtic Park - I know there will be great atmosphere. It would be stupid to deny that everyone is not of the same mind set and I think everyone's opinion should be respected. I get too involved in message boards - take things too personally etc. So stupid.

Fifty pages on the Irish.

Actions speak louder than words.

not seen a thread this big since Neil Lennon managed Celtic.

It's pretty meta as well,(a generalisation) folk who live/born in Scotland but don't associate with her politically getting bent out of shape with people who live/born in Scotland but don't associate with her sportingly.

Also why do i never hear about plastic Pakistani's (on here) but plastic Irish all the time. Yet we look at the census and 50k people identify as Irish and over twice that identify as Pakistani. Obviously the brains of these people are categorizing the demography differently the question is why.

I suspect it's something to do with politics in the house.

Tiny allocation from SFA has resulted in a huge number of Irish fans buying home end tickets.FAI will probably bite back and give TA the minimum 5% for Dublin, ie just 2,500 tickets. I don't know anyone with official ROI block seats for CP.

its an absolute disgrace what the fai have done. Lads following the team for decades getting shafted so that a son of a steward in lansdowne and his mates can go for a piss up. My blood is boiling.

its an absolute disgrace what the fai have done. Lads following the team for decades getting shafted so that a son of a steward in lansdowne and his mates can go for a piss up. My blood is boiling.

It is shocking, it's no surprise to see other FA's making an arse of things with regards to supporters.

It would be interesting to see what the real Irish fans thought of the 'irish scots' that could turn up.

Most of the folk I know over there would be embarrassed by them.

Their papers saying that there was an away section being set up for scots based irish.

I don't buy it tbh. Must be made up.

Incidentally Mario here is the first mention (post 4) of irish identity politics in the thread, and the real reason for the post and weird ire at the claims made by the Irish.

Tiny allocation from SFA has resulted in a huge number of Irish fans buying home end tickets.FAI will probably bite back and give TA the minimum 5% for Dublin, ie just 2,500 tickets. I don't know anyone with official ROI block seats for CP.

I for one certainly hope so.

Elite TA.

Fifty pages on the Irish.

Actions speak louder than words.

not seen a thread this big since Neil Lennon managed Celtic.

It's pretty meta as well,(a generalisation) folk who live/born in Scotland but don't associate with her politically getting bent out of shape with people who live/born in Scotland but don't associate with her sportingly.

Also why do i never hear about plastic Pakistani's (on here) but plastic Irish all the time. Yet we look at the census and 50k people identify as Irish and over twice that identify as Pakistani. Obviously the brains of these people are categorizing the demography differently the question is why.

I suspect it's something to do with politics in the house.

Not sure I understand why you say that. This thread was originally about the ticket shambles first from the sfa and then from the fai. There is nothing sinister about the length of thread as a lot of Irish lads have joined in.

Apart from Helen it has been largely ok imo.

Incidentally Mario here is the first mention (post 4) of irish identity politics in the thread, and the real reason for the post and weird ire at the claims made by the Irish.

Mario asks a lot of questions to which he then works hard at not understanding the answers for some reason.

edit: plus also this business of picking up on some folk while completely ignoring the far worse sins of others (who are his mates).... I don't give a shit but as he I reckon he is a mod (and possibly the one who told me to fukk off) I mention it.

Edited by thplinth

Again nothing sinister about this. A valid point and one that both the ta and the Irish lads have debated and enlightened us on.

Most people are looking forward to the boys in green coming over. Will be great to have a big away support for a change.