Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 11 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Really? A couple of months ago he told me he was a Celtic fan

Maybe it's a myth, but an Irish pal told me that he was a big Rangers fan. He was probably winding me up! He mentioned a few ex Irish players were - can't recall the name, but someone who played for Millwall - not Johnny Giles (haha, nae chance of that I'd hazard at guess).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plastics are omly plastics when Scotland not doing well IE Most of the time. Not much plastics going about week of Italy game.

At least 'plastic Paddies' have given you a new obsession; wee change from the Orange Order.

I'd happily never play the RoI (or NI or England for that matter) again - at least when we play Germany or Poland it's straightforward football chat - no mad pseudo-political ramblings.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I'd happily never play the RoI (or NI or England for that matter) again - at least when we play Germany or Poland it's straightforward football chat - no mad pseudo-political ramblings.

Might as well add Wales in to complete the set (although in that case for football reasons exclusively)...

our ancestors originally built that stadium from the ground up,the work was carried by the bare hands of Irish volunteers who shared the vision that Celtic Park would stand proud as a beacon of hope on the Glasgow skyline for the exiled Irish. When Robbie rolls the ball to Aiden accross the the clump of shamrock that Michael Davitt planted in the centre circle, with Irish Tricolour proudly fluttering above the North stand, Make no mistake my friend we will be Home.

FFS :lol:

Will their be a protest outside the ground over the ticket pricing issue?

My protest is to stay at home.I was saying to some lads in Warsaw that a great idea to protest against the ticket prices would be to go watch the Scotland v Gibraltar in Gibraltar.

My protest is to stay at home.I was saying to some lads in Warsaw that a great idea to protest against the ticket prices would be to go watch the Scotland v Gibraltar in Gibraltar.

To be honest I was ignorant to this whole issue and can understand how many Irish have now managed to get tickets from the SFA website.

I believe there were 17k empty seats at Ibrox?

You sound like a passionate football man sad to see you have to stay at home, a sad state of affairs.

I have to say Pool Q this is exactly the kind of comment I expected from you. There are few others on here who smell worse.

Thanks for your kind words. Would you be able to quote anything else I've ever said on here that would substantiate whatever case you feel you may have?

A lot of Irish have bought tickets in the public sale for Lisbon Lions Lower and Lisbon Lions upper to be near their 'official' away support

They have, I know of a coach that is coming from Limerick that only has a handful of ROI supporters club members on it and the rest are 28 tickets bought in the public sale so the SFA havnt been shy in selling to Irish adresses.

The ROI fans seem to have Been buying up the Lisbon stand. I would still like to think they won't be heard over our fantastic support. But on footballing terms and not financial ones I think havin the game at parkhead is a faux pas by the SFA. The Irish are coming to a stadium they are comfortable and most o them have happy memories in, management staff included, from dressing rooms to just walking around inside the stadium they will be more at ease and relaxed than in any other scottish stadia. But nothing we did not expect from the SFA tho an extra 8-10 thou tickets to be sold means more money for them so I can see why, just from a qualification side of it...why make easy for them. But anyway I still think we'll gub them. Mon the Alba.

If only Scotland had a manager and players that had some good memories of Celtic park....

Manager mybe, no many players tho a hand ful at most. Oh an the bus fae Limerick are staying til Wednesday as they have all bought tickets for the England game anaw. Always somebody Willing to pay silly prices for tickets. SFA don't care a jot about the scottish fans.

How many empty seats were there at Ireland v gibraltar and how many irish fans do you expect to be at parkhead

there was an attendance of 35,123 at the Ireland V Gibraltar game, leaving about 16'000 empty seats - a pretty decent attendance in fairness considering the opposition

As for Irish Parkhead attendance - --- god knows lad - am hearing so many figures bandied about , my head is starting to spin.

I think there will be a better Idea come next week