BBC & ITV - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC & ITV

Anyone else getting slightly pissed off that after the game last night, there has been a hell of a lot of analysis over the euro programs today, but it's been 99% about England's failings and hardly any talk about how well we played? No mention of any player outside the usual Tierney/Robertson/Gilmour

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

Absolutely. 

It's England, though. So you have to expect it.

If they win it's because of what they did right, if they lose it's because of what they wrong.

Graeme Souness has been a joy to watch for the last two days, though. And fairness to Gary Neville, he's been fine.

Dunno - BBC had McFadden on before the Hungary-France game, and Souness spoke well about the team pre the Portugal-Germany game.

And it was fun to hear the English pundits rip into the weaknesses of their own team. Gary Neville in particular was scathing.

43 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Anyone else getting slightly pissed off that after the game last night, there has been a hell of a lot of analysis over the euro programs today, but it's been 99% about England's failings and hardly any talk about how well we played? No mention of any player outside the usual Tierney/Robertson/Gilmour

Never tire of hearing about England’s failings though.

Half time in the Spain Poland game was like intruding on private grief. 

I've no problem with English TV stations being Anglocentric.

The problem is we have no Scottish stations covering the matches. What happened to STV, do they still exist? Why are they not giving us England Scotland from a Scottish perspective? If they can't or won't, why not someone else?

10 hours ago, exile said:

The problem is we have no Scottish stations covering the matches. What happened to STV, do they still exist? Why are they not giving us England Scotland from a Scottish perspective? If they can't or won't, why not someone else?

STV only had one programme planned for the tournament, their own coverage of the game from Wembley. Their sport output has been pathetic since Scotsport stopped so it's no real surprise. 

BBC Scotland independent coverage is all on the radio with the exception of Sportscene when we are playing. 

Edited by Toepoke

12 hours ago, exile said:

If memory serves me right, it was the same in 96 and 98. "STV" and "BBC Scotland" only covered the Scottish matches.

I don't recognize "STV" and "BBC Scotland" as they're just ITV and BBC with a tartan sticker on.

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

STV only had one programme planned for the tournament, their own coverage of the game from Wembley. Their sport output has been pathetic since Scotsport stopped so it's no real surprise. 

BBC Scotland independent coverage is all on the radio with the exception of Sportscene when we are playing. 

My apologies to STV I see they are doing the Croatia game too.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Absolutely. 

It's England, though. So you have to expect it.

If they win it's because of what they did right, if they lose it's because of what they wrong.

Graeme Souness has been a joy to watch for the last two days, though. And fairness to Gary Neville, he's been fine.

Souness has been great.  And is a great.