Ranking? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ranking?

Shaun

Wouldn't worry about position now, it's end of group that mattes, good results like both Croatia wins have been demoted in significance so we would have had to beat Germany to keep up, it's us vs us 1,2,3 year ago really

Wouldn't worry about position now, it's end of group that mattes, good results like both Croatia wins have been demoted in significance so we would have had to beat Germany to keep up, it's us vs us 1,2,3 year ago really

The draw for the WC qualifiers in in June/July and our ranking goes a long way to determining our pot.

With that in mind I'd be concerned about us dropping places

The draw for the WC qualifiers in in June/July and our ranking goes a long way to determining our pot.

With that in mind I'd be concerned about us dropping places

Our world ranking is the only thing that counts towards deciding the pot.

World cup draw is 25th of July.

Our world ranking is the only thing that counts towards deciding the pot.

World cup draw is 25th of July.

I just don't get why the draw is made for the next qualifiers when the current ones haven't yet been decided.

Far too early and makes the rankings even more inaccurate.

I just don't get why the draw is made for the next qualifiers when the current ones haven't yet been decided.

Aye and it'll bugger my holidays up for the next again year. Do I take a fortnight or 3 weeks off during the euros in the hope we qualify and risk losing my usual September and October

The draw is for the entire world not just Uefa. Some confederations start a lot earlier than Europe.

The draw is for the entire world not just Uefa. Some confederations start a lot earlier than Europe.

There's still no need as it doesn't affect other FIFA zones.

Didn't they also do it for the Euro qualifiers so that argument doesn't stand true.

PS - I see what you mean tartanpar but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by fringo

I was wrong - we will be 37th

I see we are currently 18th in Europe, which might have got us into pot 2 ? Any idea what Europe position we will have when we go down to 37th in the world? I assume that would put us in pot 3. Maybe we could get back up to pot 2 if we beat Ireland twice. And although England is just a friendly that would get us a few points as well when we beat them.

I see we are currently 18th in Europe, which might have got us into pot 2 ? Any idea what Europe position we will have when we go down to 37th in the world? I assume that would put us in pot 3. Maybe we could get back up to pot 2 if we beat Ireland twice. And although England is just a friendly that would get us a few points as well when we beat them.

I think we will be 23rd in Europe.

It is hard to tell because a lot depends on other teams results too. If we win both games we will move on to 805 points and if we lose them both we would drop down to 581 points. We are currently on 674 points.

Aye it's all a bit of guesswork but if we could win both Ireland games I would like to think that would be enough. The England game doesn't get us as many points but it wouldn't do any harm to win that as well.