Anyone Else Lost Interest In Club Pash? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Else Lost Interest In Club Pash?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This 'week of football' nonsense is utter drivel.

This. The Georgia game at the weekend was the first Scotland game we'd been to as a group in ages. I made a decision while Levein was still in situ that I wouldn't be back till he left. After he did leave and Strachan came in a mixture of the apathy and ridiculous scheduling of games meant that Saturday was the first game we managed. Thoroughly enjoyed it and had a great day out however the likes of the Germany game being on a Monday night has no appeal to me whatsoever and that's coming from me who lives probably about a 20 minute drive from Hampden. I can only imagine what TA who live in the likes of Aberdeen, Inverness etc think about it.

It was bad enough, but manageable, when they moved games to a Friday night but to now have them on pretty much every day of the week is just ridiculous and shows complete contempt for the supporters. I doubt I'll be at another home game in this campaign (and that goes for Scotland and Rangers).

For the first time in my life i'm probably more interested in club football than international.

A combination of the SFA and the No vote has killed much of my appetite for following Scotland.

Aye the SFA thought it would be cool to hold a game in the ground of the team whose fans sing "If you hate the Tartan Army clap your hands" and they wonder why people are getting turned off.

Do you think Aberdeen having a good spell at the moment is a big factor in it too?

Might explain why I'm going the other way!

:lol:

I've no doubt that Aberdeen doing reasonably well plays a part. :ok:

Aye the SFA thought it would be cool to hold a game in the ground of the team whose fans sing "If you hate the Tartan Army clap your hands" and they wonder why people are getting turned off.

They also tried to charge £42 to attend said match.

Lost a bit of interest in football full stop in last year but i think it's just a phase having become a dad and my job taking on added importance.

Giving up season ticket at celtic and having not been on many scotland away trips has ####ed it. A few years ago I hated missing any games, home and away for club and country.

Hope to get back involved in both teams ASAP though.

I think only one player in our 23-man squad for the Poland game plays in the SPFL.

3 actually - Gordon, Broon, Reynolds.

Of the others though: 6 were born outside Scotland; a different 6 have never played club football in Scotland; 2 played under 19 for England

And one went sat in a press conference freely admitting that he is not Scottish and his first choice was England.

Compare that to the 25 man Republic of Ireland squad - 0 players at any Irish clubs; 10 of their squad were born outside the Republic of Ireland; 7 of their squad were born outside Ireland; 14 of their squad had never played club football in Ireland; 3 of their squad played up to under 21 for other countries.

Average gate in the SP is about 6k; average in the League of Ireland is about 1800.

Scotland last qualified for a tournament in 1998.

In the interim, the Republic of Ireland qualified for 1 World Cup and 1 European Championship and lost play offs for both.

We've had one play off.

Club football is the lifeblood of the national team. If you don't support your team and encourage them to invest in youth then Scottish football dies.

Disnae quite stack up.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why all of you who claim to have lost interest in Scotland are still bothering to visit this board, let alone post on it. Not for one minute suggesting you have no right to, but just doesn't make much sense.

Also those claiming to have more interest in a team like say Aberdeen, I would ask why. What do you get out if it. A win? A run of wins? Maybe this season finishing second? So what? What's the ####in point? As long as Celtic (and from next season Rangers) exist, the SPL is a complete and utter waste of time for anyone else.

Then you have the cups. My team won the league cup a couple of seasons ago and I had a smashin day I'll admit. But was it a patch on when we won the Scottish Cup back in 87? Not even close.

My mother used to say that when i was a teenager she dreaded me coming back in on a Saturday if St.Mirren had lost. St.Mirren and Scotland meant the world to me back then. Now if (and usually when) Saints lose, it's water off a ducks back to me. Not because I love the team any less, it's just that I know that win lose or draw it doesn't really matter a feck.

Edited by Marky

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why all of you who claim to have lost interest in Scotland are still bothering to visit this board, let alone post on it. Not for one minute suggesting you have no right to, but just doesn't make much sense.

Also those claiming to have more interest in a team like say Aberdeen, I would ask why. What do you get out if it. A win? A run of wins? Maybe this season finishing second? So what? What's the ####in point? As long as Celtic (and from next season Rangers) exist, the SPL is a complete and utter waste of time for anyone else.

Then you have the cups. My team won the league cup a couple of seasons ago and I had a smashin day I'll admit. But was it a patch on when we won the Scottish Cup back in 87? Not even close.

My mother used to say that when i was a teenager she dreaded me coming back in on a Saturday if St.Mirren had lost. St.Mirren and Scotland meant the world to me back then. Now if (and usually when) Saints lose, it's water off a ducks back to me. Not because I love the team any less, it's just that I know that win lose or draw it doesn't really matter a feck.

Probably down to habit plus it kills time on the train home. I do feel like an imposter.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why all of you who claim to have lost interest in Scotland are still bothering to visit this board...

Because the Tamb is mainly a hub for political chat much more than a football board. Only the folk who own and run it cannot see this it seems. It could have been huge during the run up to the vote but for whatever reason it was not.

Going forward this board does not need 'a new politics sub-forum but rather the political tambers need a new board.

This place especially the moaners will miss it when it is gone. Football is boring as by itself.

Ach it's an age thing.

If you mean by this that generally you care less as you get older, there's probably a bit of truth in that. However I've continued to care a helluva lot more about Scotland than St. Mirren and that is completely down to the pointlessness of the SPL.

Also the notion by Thplinth (I think) that this is not a football forum but a political one is ####in nonsense. This is a football forum first and foremost that was admittedly consumed by politics in the run up to the referendum. It is already noticeable how the political chat has dropped off comparatively speaking since the immediate aftermath of the referendum.

Look, 99% of us on here were gutted by the referendum result and we need to do everything in our power to keep the dream alive, but this is the Tartan Army Message Board. So if you don't want to support Scotland, my wish would be that you would air your views elsewhere and stop bringing down the rest of us who want to get on with supporting the team.

Edited by Marky

Oh aye it was me.

Politics is the hot steamy blood that makes this place the stauner of fukk off that it is.

The people wanting to pigeonhole it as a football board just want to shut you up.

Ha ha. Well if we're prepared to give "politics" a fairly wide definition then I agree with you.

I don't want to shut you up mate. I'm just suggesting that for folk that by their own admission have no interest in the Scotland team, this mibbes isnae the place for them.

If you mean by this that generally you care less as you get older, there's probably a bit of truth in that. However I've continued to care a helluva lot more about Scotland than St. Mirren and that is completely down to the pointlessness of the SPL.

Also the notion by Thplinth (I think) that this is not a football forum but a political one is ####in nonsense. This is a football forum first and foremost that was admittedly consumed by politics in the run up to the referendum. It is already noticeable how the political chat has dropped off comparatively speaking since the immediate aftermath of the referendum.

Look, 99% of us on here were gutted by the referendum result and we need to do everything in our power to keep the dream alive, but this is the Tartan Army Message Board. So if you don't want to support Scotland, my wish would be that you would air your views elsewhere and stop bringing down the rest of us who want to get on with supporting the team.

Ha ha. Well if we're prepared to give "politics" a fairly wide definition then I agree with you.

I don't want to shut you up mate. I'm just suggesting that for folk that by their own admission have no interest in the Scotland team, this mibbes isnae the place for them.

:lol:

What a load of utter excrement.

Here's an idea, folk can talk about whatever the feck they want. If you're not interested in it, then you can put them on ignore and/or don't read the posts that bore you.

I have met lots of people I can call friends through being a member of this board, we've had some great days out at football (club & international) and enjoyed board organised summer and Christmas nights outs, days at the racing etc etc etc...

When Aberdeen played Groningen there was fans of Aberdeen,Rangers, Clydebank and Swindon from this board all watching the game together.

If you think I'm leaving the board because some random bloke I wouldn't know from Adam asks us to then you're on to plums

Re Scottish starting XI v Poland. All these players started at domestic clubs. Domestic clubs develop players and are a focus for local communities with the ability to make a positive impact at that level.

Marshall - Celtic

Hutton - Rangers

Whittaker - Hibs

Greer - Clyde

Brown - Hibs

Maloney - Celtic

Naismith - Kilmarnock

Fletcher - Hibs