Politics At Scotland Games? Wasn't An Issue - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Politics At Scotland Games? Wasn't An Issue

andyg83

anyone in the copland rear? had a couple of renditions of "one alex salmond". couple of boys right next to me not amused and started shoutin "voteno" which peed of the boys in front of them. they basically then told each other to fk off for a while and both had to be restrained by other folk around...then we scored and it was all forgotten about and they seemed to be chattin away for a way for a bit half time.

anyone in the copland rear? had a couple of renditions of "one alex salmond". couple of boys right next to me not amused and started shoutin "voteno" which peed of the boys in front of them. they basically then told each other to fk off for a while and both had to be restrained by other folk around...then we scored and it was

all forgotten about and they seemed to be chattin away for a way for a bit half time.

Aye, we were in the row in front along a wee bit, couple of guys singing "we are 55" and as you said, we scored and everyone celebrated together and that was it.

Saw a vote no sticker on the wall in the toilets, went back at half time and it was covered with an "end London rule" sticker. Also saw a bus of what looked like Orange Lodge type folk stop and four or 5 guys attack one guy. Don't know what it was about though. Was just in front of the social club next to the swallow. Anyone else see it??

Guest BlueGaz

Aye, we were in the row in front along a wee bit, couple of guys singing "we are 55" and as you said, we scored and everyone celebrated together and that was it.

If it was the same I saw near to us it was only in response to a couple of attempts at we are 45, and a couple of attempts at singing salmond up. Poor show

Was halfway up the Copeland Rear my dad heard "One Alex Salmond", I didnae quite catch it and it fizzled out.

Unlike the song "You'll never beat Grant Hanley!" that kept popping up.

Can't see politics/self determination being a divisory issue at games going forward, until the next referendum is called..

Seems the 'The Rangers' fans will find a few 'yes' stickers on their seats...

I had half a roll of them and stuck them anywhere I could. On the wee barrier in front of me, a couple on my seat, in the bog, on the food counter. A steward had a word at one point (I was a touch vocal at times). Said sorry and gave him a pat on the back... Stuck one on the window of The Grapes on my way back into town which caused a bit of a stooshie :lol:

Was halfway up the Copeland Rear my dad heard "One Alex Salmond", I didnae quite catch it and it fizzled out.

Unlike the song "You'll never beat Grant Hanley!" that kept popping up.

Can't see politics/self determination being a divisory issue at games going forward, until the next referendum is called..

I was in the Copland front and tried to start 'you can stick your ####in union up yer arse' but nae bugger joined in :worried:

A steward had a word at one point (I was a touch vocal at times). Said sorry and gave him a pat on the back...

Did you put a sticker on his back when you patted him?

Interesting article for this thread from Hugh MacDonald...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/yes-is-the-cry-as-we-head-for-poles.25568699

Edited by Toepoke

Pre match a VERY drunk guy in the Broomloan Rear, who looked about 18, shouted " the Pope and the IRA". Once the shock of those around me subsided he was reported to the steward who binned him. Truly bizarre!

Pre match a VERY drunk guy in the Broomloan Rear, who looked about 18, shouted "badger the Pope and the IRA". Once the shock of those around me subsided he was reported to the steward who binned him. Truly bizarre!

He was in his ain hoose, so obviously felt he could do what he liked, the fud :rolleyes: I was actually surprised that the Klansmen weren't there to welcome us, and just a little dissapointed.

He was in his ain hoose, so obviously felt he could do what he liked, the fud :rolleyes: I was actually surprised that the Klansmen weren't there to welcome us, and just a little dissapointed.

Whilst I totally agree the guy is a fud and has no place at any fitba' ground is shouting at the top of your voice 'you can stick your fvcking Union up your @rse' any better?

I'm also wondering what your were hoping to achieve with your roll of stickers? What I mean is how would you have reacted had a No voter tried to put a No sticker on you? Not very well going by the tone of some of your posts.

Glad to say there was no such nonsense to put up with where we were sitting and everyone sung FoS with gusto despite some of the BS spouted on here. I appreciate the referendum result runs very deep for some, regardless of what side you are on, but the game on Saturday isn't/wasn't the platform to voice that IMO. Thankfully the vast majority seemed to agree.

I had half a roll of them and stuck them anywhere I could. On the wee barrier in front of me, a couple on my seat, in the bog, on the food counter. A steward had a word at one point (I was a touch vocal at times). Said sorry and gave him a pat on the back... Stuck one on the window of The Grapes on my way back into town which caused a bit of a stooshie :lol:

I'm sure your primary school pals will be loving your stories this morning but make the most of it as you'll grow out of taking stickers to the football when you get to go to big school.

As did you by the sounds of it by defacing the stadium. Very grown up.

The only thing I heard was one guy in the row in front of me who started singing "stand up if you voted Yes" but only got about 2 lines in and stopped when no one joined in. Was a bit pointless anyway as the whole stand was standing up as far as I could see!

Aye, I was in Copland Rear too and heard the chants of - 'There's only 1 Alex Salmond' and - 'We are the 45, we are the 45'.

Only a minority of about 30 folk but still very embarrassing. Think they got the 'get a f%#ing grip, lads' look from the rest of the support.

You were very embarrassed by that? How do you manage to leave the house?

Saw a vote no sticker on the wall in the toilets, went back at half time and it was covered with an "end London rule" sticker. Also saw a bus of what looked like Orange Lodge type folk stop and four or 5 guys attack one guy. Don't know what it was about though. Was just in front of the social club next to the swallow. Anyone else see it??

Outside the rolls Royce club. It was orange order flute band. Never seen how it started but according to steward at club it was the flute band that came at the guys. Police turned up pretty quick. Not sure how it ended as we were heading to collect tickets.

Outside the rolls Royce club. It was orange order flute band. Never seen how it started but according to steward at club it was the flute band that came at the guys. Police turned up pretty quick. Not sure how it ended as we were heading to collect tickets.

Aye about four or five were laying into one guy and no one else tried to help him. We were too far away to try and help. Police were very quick to get there and I continues to the stadium at that point.

Why do these orange guys dress so ridiculously

As did you by the sounds of it by defacing the stadium. Very grown up.

Are you likening depositing a few stickers around the place to singing sectarian songs? You and the other indignants who've replied to my posts can spare me your outrage. If just one of my stickers is seen by one of the Klan at their next home game (and god help us it happens to be Rangers very own Armed Forces day, which I'm utterly embarrased and offended by) and gets up their nose I'll be happy. I've had enough of these bigots and if by any small action I can offend them I will.