Thirty Four Thousand - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thirty Four Thousand

kumnio

Will the SFA change the ticket price for the Gibraltar game? It should be £25 a ticket and give partial refunds to ST holders...........

Agree with this but they won't do it. Can see there being less than 25k there.

Will the SFA change the ticket price for the Gibraltar game? It should be £25 a ticket and give partial refunds to ST holders...........

Faroes game at Parkhead was about £12 a ticket. What's happened in the interim to justify a 3-4x price hike for a game against a pot 6 team?

I politely tweeted the sfa this.

https://twitter.com/dandydunn/status/521050460338552832

I don't expect a reply.

As TT said,it felt strange not going today,my dad went with his pals for the first time in God knows how many years and my younger brother was at his first home game in glasgow,I was upset and not bothered at the same time about not being there.

Good job though,as were currently moving house and yesterday I was busy all day,she would've went off her nut if I fvcked off for a day on the piss and left her moving the suite herself :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

The atmosphere was OK as Ibrox works fine once you get over 30k in it. Problem was we were just about all in the cheapest seats so it was embarrassingly obvious how many folk were not there.

It also meant that the only section that you could buy children's tickets in was overly full of groups of adults with the wrong attitude.

Language was utterly disgusting and the amount of fannies that had to be told to sit down was disgraceful.

I'm not slow in coming forward but there was no stewarding whatsoever and a few near fisticuffs.

Fans let themselves down in my opinion. My 8 year old will have learned some new and inappropriate words from yesterday.

I would complain to the Sea but I reckon that's what would happen, SFA!

Really poor show hearing stuff like that going on in the family section.

Stewarding must've been lax, the pitch invader at the goal was a bit of a laugh, but how often do you see that happen without the protagonist being promptly huckled away?...

Edited by Toepoke

Would be interesting to see how many of the 34k were sold through public sale, that would give an indication of how many SSC members voted with their feet.

I'd be more interested to see how many were giveaways and competition winners. Vauxhall gave loads away and we've heard of nearly 50 given to Dundee council. I bet 5000 of the tickets weren't paid for.

Edited by PASTA Mick

I'd be more interested to see how many were giveaways and competition winners. Vauxhall gave loads away and we've head of nearly 50 given to Dundee council. I bet 5000 of the tickets weren't paid for.

This - frankly the media have a duty to show up the reasons for the poor attendance.

No way was there only 34000 at Ibrox . True, there were empty spaces in the main stand, but the rest of the ground was pretty full . There certainly were not 18000 empty seats .

Well, the main stand (Bill Struth?) was barely two thirds full, and the Sandy Jardine stand had three empty rows at the front for its whole length and only the middle third of the top tier was full. To be fair though, it did look closer to around 40,000.

Edited by redstevie007

Really poor show hearing stuff like that going on in the family section.

Stewarding must've been lax, the pitch invader at the goal was a bit of a laugh, but how often do you see that happen without the protagonist being promptly huckled away?...

He got huckled at the top of the stairs. My faither was working at the game (paramedic) and heard it all off the match commander. The lad bolted up the stairs, pishimg himself thinking he'd got away with it, only to run smack into three coppers...

Attendance was a disgrace for a Saturday home game early in qualification. The SFA should be ashamed of themselves. They won't be though.

I predict 15k max for Gibraltar in March.

I suppose they were chancing their luck hoping demand would be high and they could charge what they like; I think apart from Republic and Germany the prices will be decreased to reflect the attendance yesterday.

I do sympathise slightly with the decision as there is so little money coming in nowadays, in terms of sponsorship revenues and tv think it is not what it was before so SFA would see games as a chance to maximise possible revenues

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-just-scotland-worth-4428584

Great article (for once) by Keith Jackson. Only thing that annoys me is that we needed this kind of support when the prices were announced, instead we got Gordon Parks sucking up to the SFA!