Rubbish childhood toys - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rubbish childhood toys

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

How dare you come on this board oot yer face on pasta and wine and accuse ME of over indulging 😎

Of course I have no imagination or artistry. Have you actually listened to my song choices on the other thread. But exactly what are the white and purple animals to the left of the picture supposed to be? 

Now you are just being silly :headbang:

32 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Never a rubbish toy. I've still got super striker in a cupboard somewhere. Bring it out now and again for drunken parties 😁

I think it was another casualty of the hyped up TV adverts. It was quite good but not as exciting as the TV made it look. 
It could probably get quite interesting  at drunken adult  parties right enough  😁

Though not as interesting as this ...🙄

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Interesting toy 😬

image.gif.eef05ff78b1b6a5f56c53aff07284080.gif

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

not  a patch on subbuteo though ; even the subbuteo corner kick players were striker knock offs

Subbuteo was about the only game I played with. Loved it.

Only problem with it was the ball was the same size as the players which I couldn’t get on with. So I used the wee ball from Striker which made it a different game altogether. Brilliant.

2 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Subbuteo was about the only game I played with. Loved it.

Only problem with it was the ball was the same size as the players which I couldn’t get on with. So I used the wee ball from Striker which made it a different game altogether. Brilliant.

am sure a whole bunch of guys from 70s who can recite the subbuteo kit chart / before they changed the 'hunched over' player style

leeds utd / colo colo (brz) and go ahead eagles etc ; the all red kit was dons/liverpool/brechin/scunthorpe? i think

my younger brother was unfortunate enough to have the rugby version - only 4 colours ie ireland/south africa ; there was a large soap on a rope type contraption that acted as the scrum - think there was kickers too? didnt know anyone who had the cricket though.....

used to love all the airfix / hornby stuff too - scalextric always seemed out of range - altho we did get a knock off version one christmas that was really gash

20 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

am sure a whole bunch of guys from 70s who can recite the subbuteo kit chart / before they changed the 'hunched over' player style

leeds utd / colo colo (brz) and go ahead eagles etc ; the all red kit was dons/liverpool/brechin/scunthorpe? i think

my younger brother was unfortunate enough to have the rugby version - only 4 colours ie ireland/south africa ; there was a large soap on a rope type contraption that acted as the scrum - think there was kickers too? didnt know anyone who had the cricket though.....

used to love all the airfix / hornby stuff too - scalextric always seemed out of range - altho we did get a knock off version one christmas that was really gash

Loved an airfix model when I was a wean. A fair bit of my pocket money went on them. I remember the cheap racing car sets (the figure 8 ones) I had a few but my auld dears budget could never stretch to a real scalextric. I must have talked about this more than I realized as one Christmas morning 20 odd years ago I opened my presents and Mrs B had bought me scalextrics ( still have it)

25 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Loved an airfix model when I was a wean. A fair bit of my pocket money went on them. I remember the cheap racing car sets (the figure 8 ones) I had a few but my auld dears budget could never stretch to a real scalextric. I must have talked about this more than I realized as one Christmas morning 20 odd years ago I opened my presents and Mrs B had bought me scalextrics ( still have it)

This thread is for shite toys, not things you liked. Dont expect any nostalgic happiness on MY thread. 

Talking of which, does anyone remember laughing bags ?  My uncle brought one back from Spain for me as a present when I was about 8 or 9. I was hoping for a Spanish doll and got a fookin laughing bag. It was actually quite scary. 

37 minutes ago, bonzo said:

We had an uncle who worked in the barras market - i vaguely recall going there in early 70s from Aberdeen -was about a 4hr drive back then

i remember getting a huge box full of fake action man gear and plastic tanks etc likely early days of chinese knock offs

he stayed in EK in a block of flats ; first time i ever saw old firm / sectarian graffiti - really felt like an alien world

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This thread is for shite toys, not things you liked. Dont expect any nostalgic happiness on MY thread. 

Talking of which, does anyone remember laughing bags ?  My uncle brought one back from Spain for me as a present when I was about 8 or 9. I was hoping for a Spanish doll and got a fookin laughing bag. It was actually quite scary. 

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Here’s a bit of nostalgia for you Mrs Tidy by name tidy by nature. Bet you loved this 😀

0DCF3D1C-92CB-43E0-A17D-4AD67FC01980.jpeg

😂😂 Pretty funny indeed .

She’s a bloody fraud though. Have you ever saw a mop head that clean?  

On 2/26/2020 at 5:39 PM, TDYER63 said:

😂😂I remember that game. Think my brother must have had it . Another piece of shit.

I think “Raving Bonkers” is a perfect way to describe you and your brother. 

7 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Anyway back on topic, Buckaroo could get tae F”ckaroo, hated that and yon stupid game Operation. 

I was never allowed to play Buckaroo, Operation or Ker Plunk as a kid as my Mum worked permanent night shift for a spell and they were deemed to be "too fucking noisy".  As such they've always held a mystical appeal for me!

*And Hungry Hippos.

Edited by Fairbairn