Rubbish childhood toys - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rubbish childhood toys

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I think it may all stem from ā€˜mum and dad ā€˜ going on holiday to Florida and leaving the wean behind .
They sound a great auntie and uncle.Ā Ā Infact, areĀ you sure auntieĀ and uncle are really your auntieĀ and uncle ? šŸ¤”šŸ˜¬

Ā 

I hope so. She was about 13 when I was born and 9 when my brother was šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

PS, it wasnā€™t just me they left behind, it was all 5 of us while they fucked off on a free jolly. My dad won another competition at his work a couple of years later and went on a boys golf holiday to Arizona, that didnā€™t go down as well with my old dear. He did take me back a T-shirt of the characters from Space Jam (I think) in Phoenix Suns kit, so it wasnā€™t all badĀ šŸ˜‚

Edited by dandydunn

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

My big let down was Mousetrap.

I was going to say Mousetrap but then I remembered this. The Magic Robot.

Utter pish and the most boring game I've ever played. I was about 6 when I got this and my big brother Billy was 6 yrs older. I didn't understand half the questions never mind know the answers so he won all the time.

Anyway, Billy being a bit of a smart arse, worked out that it was done by magnets or something so he knew if the robot started off in the 3 o'clock position the answer would be the 6 o'clock position. So heĀ created bits of paper that slotted over the top with his own questions on. That made it a bit more fun for a while. Q. Who's going to win the football, Scotland or England? A. Scotland 5-0. Then when he had me interested, the questions changed to Q. Who's got the smallest willy? A. Tim Ā Q. Who's got the smelliest farts A. Tim. I hated that bleeding' robot with his pointed stick thing.Ā šŸ˜©

Ā 

Vintage-board-game-merit-magic-robot-JL-Randall.jpg

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I hope so. She was about 13 when I was born and 9 when my brother was šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

PS, it wasnā€™t just me they left behind, it was all 5 of us while they fucked off on a free jolly. My dad won another competition at his work a couple of years later and went on a boys golf holiday to Arizona, that didnā€™t go down as well with my old dear. He did take me back a T-shirt of the characters from Space Jam (I think) in Phoenix Suns kit, so it wasnā€™t all badĀ šŸ˜‚

All the more reason for keeping it quiet ! šŸ˜

I am a bit suspicious of all these competition wins. Winning 2 big prizes like that. I think he has been skimming his wages and squirrelling it away in a tin to try and get a break from Ā his 5 weans.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

I was going to say Mousetrap but then I remembered this. The Magic Robot.

Utter pish and the most boring game I've ever played. I was about 6 when I got this and my big brother Billy was 6 yrs older. I didn't understand half the questions never mind know the answers so he won all the time.

Anyway, Billy being a bit of a smart arse, worked out that it was done by magnets or something so he knew if the robot started off in the 3 o'clock position the answer would be the 6 o'clock position. So heĀ created bits of paper that slotted over the top with his own questions on. That made it a bit more fun for a while. Q. Who's going to win the football, Scotland or England? A. Scotland 5-0. Then when he had me interested, the questions changed to Q. Who's got the smallest willy? A. Tim Ā Q. Who's got the smelliest farts A. Tim. I hated that bleeding' robot with his pointed stick thing.Ā šŸ˜©

Ā 

Vintage-board-game-merit-magic-robot-JL-Randall.jpg

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I dont remember that game at all, my parents obviously felt it wasĀ far too intelligent for me. Either that or I was too busy building my Mousetrap to notice it.

Ā 

( psst, everyone . TimĀ has a big brother called ā€˜Billyā€™.Ā Ā Get that on the Cluedo eliminationĀ card . We are getting closer to his identityĀ )Ā 

12 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Every year I got a plastic rifle with a bayonet to attach at the end. Wonder how this would go down in today's world. It also had a cartridge with bullets you could load.Ā 

You must have likedĀ Ā themĀ surely if you got one every year ?Ā 
Ā 

I remember going on a school trip to the zoo, I was no older than 8. My gran gave me spending money and I brought back some presents. I brought a pen knife for my brother who is 2 years younger than me. My gran went mental at me Ā butĀ never evenĀ Ā questioned whyĀ the zoo sold anĀ 8 yr old a knife.Ā 

Edited by TDYER63

50 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ā 

I remember going on a school trip to the zoo, I was no older than 8. My gran gave me spending money and I brought back some presents. I brought a pen knife for my brother who is 2 years younger than me. My gran went mental at me Ā butĀ never evenĀ Ā questioned whyĀ the zoo sold anĀ 8 yr old a knife.Ā 

Something similar, we went a school holiday to Holland in primary 7. We all bought flick knives. The teachers went absolutely batshit crazy threatening to send us home, needless to say there was about 10 flick knives in the bin and they weren't best pleased with us for the rest of the trip.

Sorry if this is changing the thread slightly. When I was 10,Ā my parents moved us to England for a few years but every half term and holidays weā€™d be off back up to Scotland. For Christmas all I wanted was a Man from Uncle set, aĀ briefcase with all sorts of secret agent stuff in it. I went on and on about it.

Back then, you only got one present from your parents so I couldnā€™t wait. Off we went to my Grandmas with the car rammed full of presents for us and all the family and friends weā€™d be seeing. But they forgot to bringĀ my Man from Uncle set.Ā I had to make do with hand knitted jumpers, oranges and selection boxes until the new year when we finally gotĀ home šŸ˜©

22 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Something similar, we went a school holiday to Holland in primary 7. We all bought flick knives. The teachers went absolutely batshit crazy threatening to send us home, needless to say there was about 10 flick knives in the bin and they weren't best pleased with us for the rest of the trip.

Could have been worse.They could have caught youĀ using the knives to slice the hash cookies.Ā 
Ā 

19 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Sorry if this is changing the thread slightly. When I was 10,Ā my parents moved us to England for a few years but every half term and holidays weā€™d be off back up to Scotland. For Christmas all I wanted was a Man from Uncle set, aĀ briefcase with all sorts of secret agent stuff in it. I went on and on about it.

Back then, you only got one present from your parents so I couldnā€™t wait. Off we went to my Grandmas with the car rammed full of presents for us and all the family and friends weā€™d be seeing. But they forgot to bringĀ my Man from Uncle set.Ā I had to make do with hand knitted jumpers, oranges and selection boxes until the new year when we finally gotĀ home šŸ˜©

Dont worry, this is my thread and I make the rules. Any derailment is likely to be an improvement.

I dont think your mum and dad forgotĀ Ā your Man from Uncle set. My money is onĀ Billy.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Anyone remember Fuzzy Felt ? What the fuck was that all about.Ā ā˜¹ļø Rubbish.Ā 

That is spooky I was just thinking of that earlier. Yep, definitely falls into the rubbish category. Look at the nick of this. The animals look worse than my painting by numbers horse.Ā Ā And they always fell off the board.Ā 
Ā 

A977E880-3C53-4FB6-A78A-1796AA279E03.png

13 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Jim! I canā€™t believe you asked Mrs Tidy if she remembers her fuzzy felt šŸ˜³

Shocking question to ask a respectable lady.

Hahaha, have you ever had your fuzzy felt? See what happens when you turn it into a question. Better not mention muffin the mulešŸ¤£

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

That is spooky I was just thinking of that earlier. Yep, definitely falls into the rubbish category. Look at the nick of this. The animals look worse than my painting by numbers horse.Ā Ā And they always fell off the board.Ā 
Ā 

A977E880-3C53-4FB6-A78A-1796AA279E03.png

Whit?!Ā Ā  Those animals look amazin. Ā  Look at their eyes!

Ā 

Ā 

OK.Ā Ā  Did you have to stick the wee white dots on yourself and you had no imagination/artistry/were sober?

Ā 

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Wasn't really an option. Think my old man bought a job lot.Ā šŸ™‚

14 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Jim! I canā€™t believe you asked Mrs Tidy if she remembers her fuzzy felt šŸ˜³

Shocking question to ask a respectable lady.Hahaha

Tidy by name , Tidy by nature šŸ˜™Ā DidĀ you not noticeĀ the Brazilian heritage in myĀ foti.Ā 
4B846504-02A8-4866-AE66-8CABBB111F08.thumb.jpeg.93770ff93882752354fcf963339b9136.jpeg

14 hours ago, bonzo said:

Hahaha, have you ever had your fuzzy felt? See what happens when you turn it into a question. Better not mention muffin the mulešŸ¤£

Dont you encourage him šŸ™„

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Whit?!Ā Ā  Those animals look amazin. Ā  Look at their eyes!

Ā 

Ā 

OK.Ā Ā  Did you have to stick the wee white dots on yourself and you had no imagination/artistry/were sober?

Ā 

How dare you come on this board ootĀ yer face on pasta and wine and accuse ME ofĀ over indulging šŸ˜Ž

Of course I have no imagination or artistry. Have you actually listened to my song choices on the other thread.Ā But exactly what areĀ the white andĀ purple animals to the left of the picture supposed to be?Ā