Fanzone Outside Ibrox - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fanzone Outside Ibrox

Toepoke

How many were there? Was there food/drink on sale?

Hard to say how many where there as folk passed through but very well attended. Loads going on for the kids, DJ, mascots, funny photo booths, keepy-upy guy, face painting, football coaching, bouncy castles type things and football competitions for kids and grown ups.....all free of charge. There was a burger van and and ice cream van.....unfortunately not free of charge ;)

All in all, I'd say it was excellent.

Saw Robert Snodgrass as well! My son and the other kids there had an absolute ball (excuse the pun) my boys first game. Full saltire flag face paint the lot. Good way to build up to the game for those of us that don't want our cant go to the pub pre game. Made qa real day of it all knackered!

I hope they do something similar at lesser hampden for the Gibralter game. Brilliant way to start the day. Also getting there so early resulted in us parking a stones throw from the ground. Well done Sfa or whoever arranged it.

Think it was a great idea. Football needs to appeal to more sections and my mates who used to go to the games have kids now and won't be taking them to pubs before the game.

This would help them as kids get bored during 90 mins and need more to entertain for a whole day out.

The other matter is the behaviour of "adults" in the family section. Didn't hear good things about it. Needs to have more stewards and some zero tolerance.

The other matter is the behaviour of "adults" in the family section. Didn't hear good things about it. Needs to have more stewards and some zero tolerance.

I always think of that folk should only be allowed to buy tickets in a family section if accompanying a child. Should keep folk away that might behave in a manner you wouldn't want your kids exposed too away. Edited by kmcca5

I always think of that folk should only be allowed to buy tickets in a family section if accompanying a child.

Is that not normally the case at Hampden? I'm sure it used to be anyway.

Problem is the lunatic pricing structure this time encouraged fans to buy seats in the lowest price band, which corresponded with the family section tickets...

Thought the behaviour there was excellent. Only heard about one swear word all 90 minutes. Surprised tbh.