Hydro seating/standing - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hydro seating/standing

I have been in the standing area a few times and they always check your ticket at the door before you enter the standing area. Security  might be more lax if for example someone tried to get in after the show started, I have never tested that. 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I have been in the standing area a few times and they always check your ticket at the door before you enter the standing area. Security  might be more lax if for example someone tried to get in after the show started, I have never tested that. 

Thanks.

I can't remember any at the gig I was at but I had had a few so not to say there wasn't. I think with a full crowd and folk nipping in and out for the toilet or drinks then it must be a little bit hard to control.

15 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Thanks.

I can't remember any at the gig I was at but I had had a few so not to say there wasn't. I think with a full crowd and folk nipping in and out for the toilet or drinks then it must be a little bit hard to control.

Yeah, unlike SECC the bars and toilets are all in the main hall so there is more traffic moving in and out the standing area. It definitely must be harder to control but at the same time they must be mindful of the potential security issues from over crowding. If it was really easy to nick in it would be pandemonium . 

Can you test it for me, I am going to Stereophonics in March and am raging as I could not get standing tickets 🙂

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Meh

Shitty little place. 

Aberdeen is where it’s at for gigs nowadays.......🤪

Last gig I went to in Scotland was in Aberdeen. Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds. What an amount of wallopers oot that night! 😳

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Meh

Shitty little place. 

Aberdeen is where it’s at for gigs nowadays.......🤪

Any gig I've been to in Aberdeen has always had a higher % of bellends than the Glasgow equivalent and that's saying something!

The Hydro is a miles better venue than the P&J IMO tho for a gig, although the P&J is light years ahead of the AECC.

Vast improvement in both cities.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Any gig I've been to in Aberdeen has always had a higher % of bellends than the Glasgow equivalent and that's saying something!

The Hydro is a miles better venue than the P&J IMO tho for a gig, although the P&J is light years ahead of the AECC.

Vast improvement in both cities.

I haven’t actually been to it yet 😂

Tried to get tickets for Gerry Cinnamon, but had to get seating as I was gonna take my boy to his first gig, but they sold out pretty quickly. 

Going next month for Jack Whitehall, but that’ll be a different set up and atmosphere to a proper gig. 

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I haven’t actually been to it yet 😂

Tried to get tickets for Gerry Cinnamon, but had to get seating as I was gonna take my boy to his first gig, but they sold out pretty quickly. 

Going next month for Jack Whitehall, but that’ll be a different set up and atmosphere to a proper gig. 

I'm going to Jack Whitehall and Jim Jefferies both at the Hydro as it happens.

42 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Last gig I went to in Scotland was in Aberdeen. Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds. What an amount of wallopers oot that night! 😳

I went to Oasis at the AECC back in 2008, supported by Sargeant (great band)

As luck would have it, Killie were at Pitoddrie that day!

Lost 1-0 though!

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Lost 1-0 though!

You and I have had this discussion before because I was at the same game and gig! 😂

A squad of us went up that day from Perth. One of my pals is an Aberdeen fan. The guys went to the game, lassies shopped, met up then went to the gig after. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

You and I have had this discussion before because I was at the same game and gig! 😂

A squad of us went up that day from Perth. One of my pals is an Aberdeen fan. The guys went to the game, lassies shopped, met up then went to the gig after. 

What did you buy?

Not easy to slip from seated to standing at the hydro. As someone who's done it at several venues and has only a 50 per cent strike rate at the hydro my advice would be either come early and determined or content yourself and enjoy the gig! 

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah, unlike SECC the bars and toilets are all in the main hall so there is more traffic moving in and out the standing area. It definitely must be harder to control but at the same time they must be mindful of the potential security issues from over crowding. If it was really easy to nick in it would be pandemonium . 

Can you test it for me, I am going to Stereophonics in March and am raging as I could not get standing tickets 🙂

I'm at that,  although a feckin Tuesday is it? Standing for me although I could be persuaded.... 🤔

I went and just sat in my seat then watched everyone stretch their back in the standing section once the concert stretched past an hour.

I went to see Massive Attack Mezzinine birthday thing. There were checks 80% of the time i left my seat and came back

Edited by phart

8 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm at that,  although a feckin Tuesday is it? Standing for me although I could be persuaded.... 🤔

Yeah its a Wednesday which isnt great especially when you have old lady seating allocation 🙄 However,  at least I am not at the stage of attending ‘seating only’ gigs 🙂

Could a few pints of overpriced pish lager persuade you to part with your prized tickets ? 🍺🍺🍺£££.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah its a Wednesday which isnt great especially when you have old lady seating allocation 🙄 However,  at least I am not at the stage of attending ‘seating only’ gigs 🙂

Could a few pints of overpriced pish lager persuade you to part with your prized tickets ? 🍺🍺🍺£££.

Haha! Probably not..... the lads I'm going with would probably have a fit at the mere mention of sitting at a phonics gig lol 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Haha! Probably not..... the lads I'm going with would probably have a fit at the mere mention of sitting at a phonics gig lol 

Ok Plan B.

Do you own an outsized trench coat that could sneak in a  5’4 superfan ? I am currently attending the gym  and should be slim enough to fit under by March.

Failing that, should you or any of your friends suffer a ‘terrible accident’ closer to the event and are unable to attend please keep me in mind. 

How did you get these standing tix ? I have a friend who tried for me on presale but there were no standing. Then I tried bang on the minute the went to public sale. Nothing. 😡

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Not easy to slip from seated to standing at the hydro. As someone who's done it at several venues and has only a 50 per cent strike rate at the hydro my advice would be either come early and determined or content yourself and enjoy the gig! 

Cheers. I am ok as have standing tickets for Chemical Bros in November but others now wanting to go and can only get tickets. We do have the option of 3 of us with standing tickets going in and then 1 coming out with the 3 stubs and getting others in that way. Or do they do anything different like wristbands?

1 minute ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Cheers. I am ok as have standing tickets for Chemical Bros in November but others now wanting to go and can only get tickets. We do have the option of 3 of us with standing tickets going in and then 1 coming out with the 3 stubs and getting others in that way. Or do they do anything different like wristbands?

I'm sure they stamp your hand but they aren't overly stringent with it in my experience.

last time I stood at Hydro was The Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon and there were plenty bunking in to standing!

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Lost 1-0 though!

Saw them on 10th Anni of the album gig they did a few months back, in fact night of Scottish Cup final, in Dunfermline. Great gig.

The bass player, who we have always called Bill Sergeant, is in a new band called Sunstinger. They played before the main gig, very good but not the jingly jangly pop of Sergeant. Would recommend The Space Between Us and Even When. Seen them a month ago in festival in Dunfermline too. A good listen.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm sure they stamp your hand but they aren't overly stringent with it in my experience.

last time I stood at Hydro was The Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon and there were plenty bunking in to standing!

I was at Kasabian there in Nov 17 but can't remember them doing that. Not to say it didn't happen as had been out for a fair bit of the day.