So who we getting in play off currently - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So who we getting in play off currently

bonny78

10 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

😂😂😂 leave @bonny78 out of this. He’s obviously got something wrong with him (sorry Bonny). 

Not sure who the Forrest guy you’re referring to is but I know who the other guy is. Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone lose their temper though. 

We are all free to say what we want but as I mentioned earlier, if you’re going to act like a walloper then people will call you on it. Same goes for me. 

I don't think I've ever been less than polite or cordial to everyone on here.

To be honest, i think that's one of the reasons i wind people up. I've literally lost count of the times people have gone at me, in an aggressive manner, and I've faced it with politeness. That annoys people more than being equally as aggressive.

If you fight fire with ice you get a much better reaction. :P

My attitude to life is "Just do you". Translation: Be yourself and let others be themselves.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

McLeish played 3 at the back against Albania at Hampden also. Souttar, Mulgrew and a strangely fit Tierney played as the three. It got binned after the Israel game in Haifa where we invited too much pressure on players who had not had the tactical instruction needed to play that formation. It was very obvious that night in the ground that the defence didn't have a clue, particularly SOD and Robertson at wing back.

Now I'm not against 3 at the back, I think it could ultimately be a good idea but we would need a manager with tactical nous to instruct the players how to play it as well as plentiful time on the training field to work on it. Essentially we need to scrape our way to Euro 2020 then use the time pre tournament to work day in, day out on it with this group of younger players.

Having seen Bulgaria last week, I feel we have nothing to fear there. Playing Israel again wouldn't fill me with confidence, neither playing Romania.

Realistically, if we are to have any chance, if we even make the final, we need it to be at home. We would get beat away from home as this team is flaky. A home final would give us a great chance.

55 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Having seen Bulgaria last week, I feel we have nothing to fear there. Playing Israel again wouldn't fill me with confidence, neither playing Romania.

Realistically, if we are to have any chance, if we even make the final, we need it to be at home. We would get beat away from home as this team is flaky. A home final would give us a great chance.

I fancy we could handle Isreal at home again; I'd like to have Steven Fletcher back at least based on his effectiveness in the last two Nations League games where he was integral with his like up and ability to hold the ball (also unlucky at home to Isreal when he was wrongly flagged for offside, if memory serves) but him aside we've got the same team and you'd hope to have the same options back in defence and midfield. Maybe even with Griffiths up front or Hornby making the step up. 

Granted, they should have got an equaliser when they missed that chance at the death ( a good save but he had to score that, we'd not be giving their keeper plaudits if same thing happened up the other end) but you still have to take confidence in that; we should have won that game more comfortably. 

Romania, on the other hand, strike me as potentially dangerous. 

Agreed about the final; i'm confident we are in with a shout at home against any of the potential finalists but I fear a bit of a kicking away from home.