Roi/england Public Sale - Page 9 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Roi/england Public Sale

Brian - I've experienced the plastic Paddy's in the past at the last ROI at Hampden, spitting on home fans, calling us Tartan Army huns and singing about Henrik Larsson at a foxin Scotland ROI game.

Even the genuine Irish fans were embarrassed at being associated with that pondlife.

I genuinely wonder if the aforementioned have got their mitts on a shedload of the public sale brief.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian - I've experienced the plastic Paddy's in the past at the last ROI at Hampden, spitting on home fans, calling us Tartan Army Rangers supporters and singing about Henrik Larsson at a foxin Scotland ROI game.

Even the genuine Irish fans were embarrassed at being associated with that pondlife.

I genuinely wonder if the aforementioned have got their mitts on a shedload of the public sale brief.

Fair enough, but you can't tar all plastic Paddies (there's a pun in there somewhere...) with the same brush.

Brian - fair enough, you will of course have plastic Paddies that will travel with the genuine Irish fans who will be simply here for the 'craic'.

Just worry that there could be bit of a security nightmare with some of the Glaswegian bampots masquerading as Ireland fans.

I'll no have to worry about that - I'll be watching it in the Horseshoe :wink2: - or the hoose if that's too busy.

You in the Shoe tomorrow lunchtime or still off work?

Edited by Charlie Endell

Jock stein upper will be plastic free. Think it was virtually sold out afore public sale. Think there won't be much plastics there and if there is it will be Lisbon Lions corner wi north Stand looking at stadium plan.

Edited by Doric

I honestly think there wont be that many "plastics" at this game, more & more Celtic fans support Scotland than in the past, also Celtic did / does have a large amount of "Yes" voters.

I reckon 53,000 Scots. 6500 Irish :sing:

Sounds about right.

Not sure what all the plastic Paddy paranoia is about! I've met plenty of 'plastic Jocks' on Scotland trips - don't see the problem - it's a matter of personal choice / sense of belonging.

For a scotsman to support Ireland or England over place of birth is wrong, sorry end of conversation, and you know the ones i am talking about old firm fans, yip!

eeeeerm I was born in northern Ireland and have supported Scotland many years whats wrong with that? im not. an old firm fan i support my local team, Scotland have many fans all over the world with no scots blood in them at all we embrace them, therefore if a scots born person wants to support roi ni England wales or Poland and so on. so be it. there are many people in the world that don't have the privilege or have the freedom to support any team live n let live I say :ok:

Availability seems to be getter better. Now 12 sections with 'limited' and 2 with 'good'. Last night there were only 2 sections listed and both of them as 'limited'.

Me thinks the SFA are at it! Never used to happen this way.

For a scotsman to support Ireland or England over place of birth is wrong, sorry end of conversation, and you know the ones i am talking about old firm fans, yip!

It's not as simple as place of birth, and you know that. If it were then Maloney, Martin and Whittaker shouldn't have played on Tuesday.