Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Shut it smart arse I am trying to be open minded here 🙄 🙂

There is a fine line between being cynical and gullible. I know which side of that line I want to be on.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There is a fine line between being cynical and gullible. I know which side of that line I want to be on.;)

Whereas  I am on ‘ the other side’ ...🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one for scotty and the engineers to debate

Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term:

"Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant.  One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time.  So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving.  I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave.  Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today.  Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.  Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added.  This gives two possibilities.

1)  If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2)  Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it ?  If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year that "It will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you,"  and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic.

The student got the only A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, but did he get his hole yet?

Exactly ! How dare Nobby nobble my thread with an intelligent post. 

And did the student take into account the energy and pent up frustration from all the souls in hell that have not had their hole ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

 

😂 yes, I was also  a bit puzzled that they were simply ‘puzzled’. They must have some serious constipation problem.

Between this and Eisergerwind having debunked their scientific analysis I am inclined to think they may be talking shite 🤫 

I am away to find another ghosty example 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

 

There was a Ghost thread on the TAMB before. Must've been the previous incarnation. One from my own family archive:

My granddad was a miner and absolutely hated it. He got a debilitating hand injury down the pit and they put him on constant nightshift, no unions back then. He also lost relatives in pit disasters. The coal board presented him with a certificate to mark 50 years' service. Why he didn't just bin it I've no idea but anyway, fast-forward many years...

My elderly aunt still lived in the family home and found the certificate in the bottom of a box while clearing stuff out. As it fitted an old picture frame she had, she decided to hang it in my granddad's old room.

It wasn't up that long when there was a thump and she found it'd fallen off the wall. On inspection there was nothing wrong with the hook - it was still in the wall - and the string was intact on the back of the frame. So she put it back up again.

A while later there was another noise and the certificate was lying several feet from the wall with the glass in its frame cracked. Needless to say it never went back up again. :lol:  

My auntie wasn't the least bit perturbed - "Och well, something disnae want the thing goin back up!"

I think it was Einstein who said that not only is the universe weirder than you imagine, it's weirder than you CAN imagine. I don't think everything's limited to what we can observe with our ordinary senses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, daviebee said:

There was a Ghost thread on the TAMB before. Must've been the previous incarnation. One from my own family archive:

My granddad was a miner and absolutely hated it. He got a debilitating hand injury down the pit and they put him on constant nightshift, no unions back then. He also lost relatives in pit disasters. The coal board presented him with a certificate to mark 50 years' service. Why he didn't just bin it I've no idea but anyway, fast-forward many years...

My elderly aunt still lived in the family home and found the certificate in the bottom of a box while clearing stuff out. As it fitted an old picture frame she had, she decided to hang it in my granddad's old room.

It wasn't up that long when there was a thump and she found it'd fallen off the wall. On inspection there was nothing wrong with the hook - it was still in the wall - and the string was intact on the back of the frame. So she put it back up again.

A while later there was another noise and the certificate was lying several feet from the wall with the glass in its frame cracked. Needless to say it never went back up again. :lol:  

My auntie wasn't the least bit perturbed - "Och well, something disnae want the thing goin back up!"

I think it was Einstein who said that not only is the universe weirder than you imagine, it's weirder than you CAN imagine. I don't think everything's limited to what we can observe with our ordinary senses.

🤫 Awe naw, I am back on the fence again.  Einstein kinda gazumps Eisergerwind.  

To sort this out maybe we could have a seance whilst in the TAMB death throes. Whats everyone doing at midnight ? I am happy to host the party. I can get Stranger Things up on Netflix and provide a Weegie board. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🤫 Awe naw, I am back on the fence again.  Einstein kinda gazumps Eisergerwind.  

To sort this out maybe we could have a seance whilst in the TAMB death throes. Whats everyone doing at midnight ? I am happy to host the party. I can get Stranger Things up on Netflix and provide a Weegie board. 

 

 

Wasn't  Einstein that said that, so no worries there. There are a couple of people attributed to that sort of quote, and they were really refering to scientific discoveries being more surprising than expected. It's not a free pass to believe any old bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

🤫 Awe naw, I am back on the fence again.  Einstein kinda gazumps Eisergerwind.  

To sort this out maybe we could have a seance whilst in the TAMB death throes. Whats everyone doing at midnight ? I am happy to host the party. I can get Stranger Things up on Netflix and provide a Weegie board. 

 

 

Are you only looking for glesga ghosts😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Wasn't  Einstein that said that, so no worries there. There are a couple of people attributed to that sort of quote, and they were really refering to scientific discoveries being more surprising than expected. It's not a free pass to believe any old bollocks.

Gtf with yer common sense. C’mon you must have a ghost story in you somewhere. Did you never watch Scooby Doo ? 

Infant, the seance can be Scooby Doo themed !! I just love it when I have great ideas.

I get to be Daphne though 🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Are you only looking for glesga ghosts😆

🙄 och, keep up Bonzo, that was deliberate.  I am on heightened alert for the spirits here, my mind is sharp as a razor. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Gtf with yer common sense. C’mon you must have a ghost story in you somewhere. Did you never watch Scooby Doo ? 

Infant, the seance can be Scooby Doo themed !! I just love it when I have great ideas.

I get to be Daphne though 🤨

I can honestly say I have never had any experience of a supernatural occurence. I have been up close with a couple of deaths and been there at the point of death twice and experienced nothing other than two bodies failing to support life and the people supported in those bodies ceasing to exist.

Was one of the main themes of Scooby Doo not that there was never anything supernatural going on, it was always just the jannie in a mask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

 

Was one of the main themes of Scooby Doo not that there was never anything supernatural going on, it was always just the jannie in a mask?

😡😡 Stop it! Stop it ! Stop it!

I would have got away with it if it hadnt been for that meddling Eisergerwind 😡

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🙄 och, keep up Bonzo, that was deliberate.  I am on heightened alert for the spirits here, my mind is sharp as a razor. 

 

 

Hahaha ok, just watch out for the ektoplasm. Maybe you could get Derek pakora involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Hahaha ok, just watch out for the ektoplasm. Maybe you could get Derek pakora involved. 

That would be some party. You bring that insect zapping thing you got from the pound shop in case Maggie Thatcher  turns up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Firstly, since the Great White Throne judgement hasn't taken place, the people you refer to would be in Hades (and not the Lake of Fire... yet). 

And secondly, the percentage of people who will knowingly, willingly, reject God (by choosing 'the world' instead) will be a high percentage unfortunately.

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. Matthew 7:13

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:14

Remember... this isn't God rejecting mankind. This is mankind rejecting God.

Go on,give us a number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time.

Hell would be a constant... outside of time.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. 

Souls would stop going into hell after the Great White Throne Judgement, and no soul would ever leave hell.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell.

False.

Jesus (God The Son) died on the cross and defeated death and hell by rising from the grave so that His followers (believers) could also.

Jesus made a way. :)

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.  Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. 

Boyle's Law wouldn't have any effect on a supernatural fire in hell.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

This gives two possibilities.

There must be three (as both of the others are incorrect).

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

1)  If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2)  Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it ? 

Neither.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year that "It will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you,"  and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic.

One can't accurately decide between 2 incorrect choices (especially on the flawed basis of the process of elimination where one choice has been eliminated simply because it hasn't happened 'yet' when it still possibly could).

On 7/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, Nobby said:

The student got the only A.

Yeah, an 'A' for comic relief. ;)

--------------------------------------------------

Now the Truth...

Hell... ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ Mark 9:48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Hell would be a constant... outside of time.

Boyle's Law wouldn't have any effect on a supernatural fire in hell.

Now the Truth...

Hell... ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ Mark 9:48

It's life [after death], Jim, but not as we know it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

 

--------------------------------------------------

Now the Truth...

Hell... ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ Mark 9:48

Well we'll find out one day that's for sure, personally I'm of the opinion that i'll just try and be a good human being and see where that gets me.  Now i'm fairly certain because of your belief structure you believe that to be hell and I respect that. However i just cant help but believe that if there really is a deity that created us, that he's going to send everyone that doesn't follow your path via the bible to hell. Take the aboriginal people of Australia or for that matter North America. A group of people who have been shat upon royally by the white europeans shooting them and then telling them "thou shalt no kill" waving a bible at them. If he knows in their hearts they are good people and presumably he does. sending them to an eternity of damnation seems a tad excessive . I have a faith that its the message he wants people to understand and live by.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 7:42 AM, Huddersfield said:

She told me that the day before that payment came, she'd sat in the house & shouted at all my dead relatives..."you were no bloody use to him when you were alive" (there's a lot of truth in that!) "so can't at least one of you help him now?"

For the payment to have arrived the day after her rant, it would have to have been prepared, authorised and processed several days previously, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flure said:

For the payment to have arrived the day after her rant, it would have to have been prepared, authorised and processed several days previously, no?

Of course, yes.

I mentioned in my post that I can accept that you can take any one of those things & find logical explanations. You can probably find other explanations that maybe have an explanation which is simply unknown at this point. 

Im also very willing to accept that I was at one of the most difficult times in my life & I know from having worked with some pretty mentally unbalanced people in my time that the human brain can & does work in some incredibly bizarre ways to stimuli it can’t deal quickly & effectively with.

I tried to be careful how I wrote the post to avoid saying “oh wow look this proves...”. The fact of the matter for me is that due to the combined impact of a series of things that have occurred in & around the house, I have moved from being a 100% sceptic on most ‘supernatural’ matters to someone who now has a few doubts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Of course, yes.

I mentioned in my post that I can accept that you can take any one of those things & find logical explanations. You can probably find other explanations that maybe have an explanation which is simply unknown at this point. 

Im also very willing to accept that I was at one of the most difficult times in my life & I know from having worked with some pretty mentally unbalanced people in my time that the human brain can & does work in some incredibly bizarre ways to stimuli it can’t deal quickly & effectively with.

I tried to be careful how I wrote the post to avoid saying “oh wow look this proves...”. The fact of the matter for me is that due to the combined impact of a series of things that have occurred in & around the house, I have moved from being a 100% sceptic on most ‘supernatural’ matters to someone who now has a few doubts. 

Good post. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flure said:

For the payment to have arrived the day after her rant, it would have to have been prepared, authorised and processed several days previously, no?

It may have come from a ghost account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

It may have come from a ghost account. 

Shut up, you.

Check your emails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...