Old age.. - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

My RA 125GT

RA 125GT.jpg

Just had a flashback with that.    A pal at school who had an ancient, bulbous moped (mibbee worth something now?) took me to someone's garage to see (what I realise now was) that.   Same colour too.

Missing some shiny stuff and polish mind you.   Was not my idea to go there, and had only about £5 in the bank, so pretty sure I was crossed off as a time waster;  fair enough.

This thread is about old age and would put folk who buy Harleys into the bin as you guys would, but...   I saw a retro Indian down the street the other day and my heart truly sang, so know I'm still a rocker   :moon:    (Heart not wallet, mind you).

...or does it have to be a Triumph to piss yous off?   Am not great at this trolling business.

24 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Just had a flashback with that.    A pal at school who had an ancient, bulbous moped (mibbee worth something now?) took me to someone's garage to see (what I realise now was) that.   Same colour too.

Missing some shiny stuff and polish mind you.   Was not my idea to go there, and had only about £5 in the bank, so pretty sure I was crossed off as a time waster;  fair enough.

This thread is about old age and would put folk who buy Harleys into the bin as you guys would, but...   I saw a retro Indian down the street the other day and my heart truly sang, so know I'm still a rocker   :moon:    (Heart not wallet, mind you).

...or does it have to be a Triumph to piss yous off?   Am not great at this trolling business.

What/who is a retro Indian, chicken tikka masala/ iron eyes cody?😁

Would never have guessed you were a rocker Jim?

Always been a scooterist although my first ever bike was a Suzuki ER 50 but we've all got previous 🤣

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

It might of pissed me off 40 years ago when i was a young daft boy. One of my pals has a Triumph, hate to say, it's a cracking looking bike. You might need to ask some of the posters on here for trolling advice. 🛵

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, thats me on tablets for high blood pressure. I am on the borderline and could have worked at lowering it naturally for a few months , but I really would struggle to do much more to help as I dont smoke , am not overweight and dont eat particularly badly, apart from my Skittles addiction. I have exercised more this year than the last 15 yrs yet it is still high. Since the thought of spending any more time at the gym or giving up my wine would cause me even more stress,  I am going on the tablets. 

For anyone not familiar with high blood pressure, there are no symptoms which makes it particularly dangerous. Mine was noticed a year ago at a general check up but at that stage was just below the first stage of hypertension. I should have got it rechecked but never went due to covid. I bought a heart monitor a couple of months ago it was about 145/94. I contacted the doctor and was asked to take 2 readings a minute apart, twice a day for 10 days, then send it to them. My average reading came out at 138/85 and they recommended I go on tablets although they wouldnt be adverse for me to try and get it down naturally. 

Undiagnosed,  high blood pressure is very dangerous and can cause strokes and heart attacks . Things such as smoking , being overweight, eating too much salt, not exercising ,  drinking too much alcohol can cause it. Sustained high blood pressure tends to come from your lifestyle over a period of 10-20 years, not the short term. I would urge anyone who feels they may be susceptible to it to get a check at the docs , or buy yourself a monitor. I got a basic one in Boots for £20 . 

48 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Meh, thats me on tablets for high blood pressure. I am on the borderline and could have worked at lowering it naturally for a few months , but I really would struggle to do much more to help as I dont smoke , am not overweight and dont eat particularly badly, apart from my Skittles addiction. I have exercised more this year than the last 15 yrs yet it is still high. Since the thought of spending any more time at the gym or giving up my wine would cause me even more stress,  I am going on the tablets. 

For anyone not familiar with high blood pressure, there are no symptoms which makes it particularly dangerous. Mine was noticed a year ago at a general check up but at that stage was just below the first stage of hypertension. I should have got it rechecked but never went due to covid. I bought a heart monitor a couple of months ago it was about 145/94. I contacted the doctor and was asked to take 2 readings a minute apart, twice a day for 10 days, then send it to them. My average reading came out at 138/85 and they recommended I go on tablets although they wouldnt be adverse for me to try and get it down naturally. 

Undiagnosed,  high blood pressure is very dangerous and can cause strokes and heart attacks . Things such as smoking , being overweight, eating too much salt, not exercising ,  drinking too much alcohol can cause it. Sustained high blood pressure tends to come from your lifestyle over a period of 10-20 years, not the short term. I would urge anyone who feels they may be susceptible to it to get a check at the docs , or buy yourself a monitor. I got a basic one in Boots for £20 . 

Cheers for the advice but tomorrow is probably not the best time to start this new regime!!!

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Cheers for the advice but tomorrow is probably not the best time to start this new regime!!!

😁 good point !

It’s a good time to start the tablets though. I get them at 4pm tomorrow . Cutting it a bit fine ! 

40 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Don't take them all at once, no matter how stressful the game is. :lol:

😂 aye, I will need to keep them separate from my Skittles ! 
I made a curry earlier and used 10 teaspoons of garam masala instead of rogan josh , so I had better keep my specs on. 

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

drinking too much alcohol can cause it

AW, FER FECK's SAKE 😫

Deeps breathely...   I knew that of course.    Lasagna being defrosted for tomorrow won't help though, and my immediate concern will be acid reflux.   I think I'm way past the stress of loosing again, but will I be able to handle the excitement of winning?

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I would have thought loose stools would be better for the blood pressure but maybe not?

Who knows. I only got as far as ‘can I drink sauvignon blanc’ on the blood pressure medication flow chart . 
Loose stools stop you from straining which probably takes the pressure off, but loose bowels are often caused by stress which is bad for blood pressure.