Gerry Hassan's view on the state of Scottish football - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gerry Hassan's view on the state of Scottish football

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Decent article from the Scottish Review.

Hits the target re Regan and Doncaster:

http://www.scottishreview.net/GerryHassan475a.html

That's a decent article but he should also be pointing the finger and the other clubs too for meekly accepting the old firm is all that matters bollocks.

There is hope of change in Scotland as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who speaks out about the ridiculous set up here is more or less laughed at. 

The media in Scottish football genuinely think 10 in a row is amazing, the reality is it's a fucking embarrassment. 

I really hope we or at least hearts or ICT win the Scottish cup. 

It is a good article. The more articles and the more the media begins to take aim at the SFA (And the clubs) the better and the more chance of change. If we keep talking about it and chiming in and making a fuss over it, the media will pick up on it and the snowball effect will occur.

This pretty much sums up how the SFA have always been: 

"The 1954 World Cup in Switzerland saw our first ever appearance at the finals, but it didn't go well. The SFA only budgeted for 13 players in the squad (when you were allowed 22), but took a full contingent of SFA officials and their wives."

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

That's a decent article but he should also be pointing the finger and the other clubs too for meekly accepting the old firm is all that matters bollocks.

We should have changed the voting rights structure etc when we had the chance!

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

hearts or ICT win the Scottish cup. 

You'll no be saying that when you finish 4th :P

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We should have changed the voting rights structure etc when we had the chance!

You'll no be saying that when you finish 4th :P

I'll be I  a minority but 3rd means nothing now. I appreciate it'll be an achievement for killie after coming from such a terrible position and outdoing teams with much higher budgets. We've failed in our target to get 2nd which again isn't really an achievement. 

The Scottish cup has to be the focus now. 

Blaming the SFA is old and tired.  It changed a lot internally taking on the recommendations of Henry McLeish.  It has placed a lot into youth. 

SFA does have issues but Scotland suffers more due to

*Too many clubs.  Resources spread too thin.  Lack of identity, brand and excitement in the top league.  We'd do better with (throws in grenade) 12 franchised teams.

*Bigotry.  All the zombies going to the Old Firm especially "fans" outside Glasgow.  The media and pundits fostering it.  Stay local.  Be proud where you are from.

*Health.  The celebration of bevvy and bad diet is depressing.  From Barry Ferguson missing King Rib Suppers to Si Ferry slabbering about "nights out with the boys" in his interviews (which i do largely enjoy).  Real athletes like Laura Muir or Andy Murray shame our footballers lifestyles.

*Harking back to the old days.  People unable to accept African and Central American teams are good.  It's not the 1970's any more.

*External forces.  TV.  Top 5 leagues and bigger clubs getting richer as previous big clubs like Celtic, Brugges, PSV etc become historical names on the outside.

9 minutes ago, Alan said:

Blaming the SFA is old and tired.  It changed a lot internally taking on the recommendations of Henry McLeish.  It has placed a lot into youth. 

*Too many clubs.  Resources spread too thin.  Lack of identity, brand and excitement in the top league.  We'd do better with (throws in grenade) 12 franchised teams.

*Bigotry.  All the zombies going to the Old Firm especially "fans" outside Glasgow.  The media and pundits fostering it.  Stay local.  Be proud where you are from.

*Health.  The celebration of bevvy and bad diet is depressing.  From Barry Ferguson missing King Rib Suppers to Si Ferry slabbering about "nights out with the boys" in his interviews (which i do largely enjoy).  Real athletes like Laura Muir or Andy Murray shame our footballers lifestyles.

*Harking back to the old days.  People unable to accept African and Central American teams are good.  It's not the 1970's any more.

*External forces.  TV.  Top 5 leagues and bigger clubs getting richer as previous big clubs like Celtic, Brugges, PSV etc become historical names on the outside.

* A big chunk of the population who despise the concept of being Scottish. People like you.

11 hours ago, Alan said:

The health one I find particularly pathetic and very ‘`Scottish’ 

Absolutely ridiculous in this day and age. Totally backward 

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll be I  a minority but 3rd means nothing now. I appreciate it'll be an achievement for killie after coming from such a terrible position and outdoing teams with much higher budgets. We've failed in our target to get 2nd which again isn't really an achievement. 

The Scottish cup has to be the focus now. 

Aye I mean, if you fail to win the Scottish and end up with no Europe.

2 minutes ago, Alan said:

Posted from U.S.A....

Like I didnae ken that wid come. You make no sense though. Why does me living in the States for 5 years after 33 born and raised in Scotland mean I’m not proud of where I’m from?

You on the other hand want Scotland to cease to exist.