Devolution Of Oil Revenue? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Devolution Of Oil Revenue?

I suspect there is a part of the No vote that honestly couldn't give a shit whether we get extra powers or not. But a large proportion of the No vote would have wanted substantial change within the Union. The former - you can definitely forget about trying to reach out to.

I agree.

Not sure how much the substantial part is though.

And presumably no oil and gas revenue either. Sorry, its difficult to begin to comprehend.

It's not that hard to understand. These folk are quite happy to have Westminster looking after their affairs. They know that Westminster governments, red, blue or pink, will continue to look after the wealthiest 20% of the population whilst continuing to shaft the other 80%. These folk (mostly Tories) think they are in the top 20%, some of them are, but most of them aren't but they think they are.

100 years of oil in the Scottish sector - will never be devolved. It's Westminster's financial saviour, so imagine what it could do for us.

I think you'll find it's VOLATILE and we should be grateful that Westminster are looking after it for us with their mighty financial sector down there to absorb the VOLATILITY shocks.

• 2 weeks later...

The west coast is not denied, there is nothing stopping exploration of the atlantic margin, its the clyde basin which was stopped due to faslane or ao i am led to believe

Thanks HL - of course I stand corrected.

You make my point nonetheless. People in Ayrshire have talked of there being oil in the Clyde basin since (at least) the late 70's