Politics At Scotland Games - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Politics At Scotland Games

andyg83

Hmmmm. There were plenty of Yes badges and sticker on show in Dortmund. But for every punter wearing a badge there were at least two that weren't and folk were talking about the game, the weather, where they got there carry out from, whether they preferred Marshall or McGregor and they were talking about the upcoming vote.

Let's not kid on it was some kind of Yes convention.

Where were you?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the beef?

Lots and lots of us heard lots and lots of referendum chat.

Some very few didn't.

That's life.

No beef, I heard referendum chat and I saw Yes badges, including on the statues on the fountain.

Just saying that not everyone was wearing a Yes badge and there was other topics of conversation!

No beef, I heard referendum chat and I saw Yes badges, including on the statues on the fountain.

Just saying that not everyone was wearing a Yes badge and there was other topics of conversation!

Well obviously? My group all had yes stuff on but not exactly gonna spend the whole trip talking about it. Yes stuff was everywhere, like someone said was a case of spotting the boy without it.

Well obviously? My group all had yes stuff on but not exactly gonna spend the whole trip talking about it. Yes stuff was everywhere, like someone said was a case of spotting the boy without it.

That would have been an easy, dull and somewhat pointless game.

9 o us in our group and not 1 yes badge. I think we all voted yes but it's a fitba game no a political rally we were attending.

I think maybe you were in the wrong country. It was fkin everywhere! Didn't come across a single person who said they didn't like it or felt uncomfortable about it, was just brilliant. I think it entirely has it's place at Scotland games, it's our national team and it belongs to US, Scots. I'll welcome it being there, enjoy it and join in, if fowk dinnae like it then just avoid it same as anything else in life.

Maybe he went to the England game by mistake.

Ohh, but they were speaking about it too so maybe not :D

Hmmmm. There were plenty of Yes badges and sticker on show in Dortmund. But for every punter wearing a badge there were at least two that weren't and folk were talking about the game, the weather, where they got there carry out from, whether they preferred Marshall or McGregor and they were talking about the upcoming vote.

Let's not kid on it was some kind of Yes convention.

I would respectfully suggest it was pretty close to being one. Even at a Yes convention people would have talked about things other than the referendum and you would have found plenty of people without a Yes badge. The only differencw would be everyone would have been voting Yes rather than most.

Edited by Lamia

There seem to be some right warmers who want to push their opinion and Badger the rest of us. Not looking forward to the upcoming games of this is the case. Not sure we can say weer are any different from green brigade now.

:rollsmile:

From the conversations I was involved in it was more about obtaining a carry out, and the starting 11.

Several wallopers trying to force a yes badge on me was the only referendum debate I saw all day in Dortmund. Oh I did scream yes when wee Anya scored. Does that count ??????????

PS before yer knickers get in a twist I voted yes. Thanks !

The national team is one of the few instances left that we can promote Scotland as a Independent entity to the rest of the World. If you dont think its political in any shape or way, why not just have a teamgb team and be done with it.

the Whole "part of the EC" is complete bollox, does anyone think Germany etc arent independent? We chose to defer our powers to Westminster and let others govern ourselves rather than be responsible for our own Country.

This thing about, "I want Scotland to be independent, just no the now" is a way for those that like the trappings of following Scotland on a World Stage at sport but voted against the idea of Scotland as a normal Country to not feel as awkward and indeed guilty as they stand there in their Scotland top, kilt singing that we can still rise now and be a nation again.

If you voted for No due to an economic argument, you voted for your own personal interests, an extremely short term future versus our Nation.

Your sooooooo right the economic argument should be overlooked as there is absolutely no link between a strong economy and the long term prosperity of our nation ie GDP jobs , social welfare , health provision, Education, pensions are all minor details when we have flags to wave !

Our economy may be a mess but it will be OUR mess that is the main thing...the only thing that matters !

Your sooooooo right the economic argument should be overlooked as there is absolutely no link between a strong economy and the long term prosperity of our nation ie GDP jobs , social welfare , health provision, Education, pensions are all minor details when we have flags to wave !

Our economy may be a mess but it will be OUR mess that is the main thing...the only thing that matters !

Do you seriously think Scotland wouldnt manage to be succesful economically as an independent nation? Especially with the financial mess the UK is actually in? Worst case scenario after Indy IMO wouldve been similar to the way it is now. We had the potential to do so much better than rUK. Shame.

Sport should not be confused with real life. It's a game. Fun. Leisure. Social activity.

Not life or death. Not politics.

The point is we only have a national team because of an historic anomaly now we have chosen not to be a country this is hugely significant. You cannot separate this choice from the national team as they are intertwined

The point is we only have a national team because of an historic anomaly now we have chosen not to be a country this is hugely significant. You cannot separate this choice from the national team as they are intertwined

Try pointing out something that isn't obvious :blink:

Has this not always been the case ?