Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early

DoonTheSlope

3 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

You do know that it's spelt rammy? Though I suppose ramy is a reasonable guess for a Canadian.

Actually, I have always spelled it 'Ramy' Alky. Thank you for noticing. No, I am not Canadian, I am Scottish.  I am on Facebook. Have a look at my profile Alky if you are granted permission to do so by the job shop...

4 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Googled it and didn't get a hit closest was this, I guess it must be a vernacular you colonials use.

It means having a few pints Alky. My profile should be updated as all I do now is coach my bhoys football and drive them round everywhere. No time for pints.😣😁

All Brown has done is state the obvious. We are  all saying we aren't renewing STC membership or slagging of Regan, or the O'Neil shambles or why haven't we got a manager yet etc etc. Do you think it's any different for the players?

We don't know yet what Brown will do regarding these friendlies or any of the other players for that matter, but to be honest I hope we end up sending a highland league select as organising these friendlies in our current position was stupid in the first place

Any one know why we are going there anyway, is it not more normal for teams to prepare in the continent the finals are played?

I have a feeling some of the anti Brown brigade haven't even read the original article

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

All Brown has done is state the obvious. We are  all saying we aren't renewing STC membership or slagging of Regan, or the O'Neil shambles or why haven't we got a manager yet etc etc. Do you think it's any different for the players?

We don't know yet what Brown will do regarding these friendlies or any of the other players for that matter, but to be honest I hope we end up sending a highland league select as organising these friendlies in our current position was stupid in the first place

Any one know why we are going there anyway, is it not more normal for teams to prepare in the continent the finals are played?

I have a feeling some of the anti Brown brigade haven't even read the original article

A difference here is that Scott Brown and others from the past involved with Scotland are idolized by many and seen as heroes put on pedestals so much more is expected of them. The same can't be said of us - mere mortals.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

A difference here is that Scott Brown and others from the past involved with Scotland are idolized by many and seen as heroes put on pedestals so much more is expected of them. The same can't be said of us - mere mortals.

Why should more be expected of them? Modern players don't get many breaks so why should they lose holiday time to go and play meaningless friendlies at the other side of the world?

1 minute ago, Larky Masher said:

Why should more be expected of them? Modern players don't get many breaks so why should they lose holiday time to go and play meaningless friendlies at the other side of the world?

No I am not saying more should be expected of them - I have given up on the idyllic thoughts of my youth that every player wanted to play everytime for Scotland in every match. My point is they are football players and perhaps should not be seen as such idols/heroes beyond criticism.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Perhaps our expectations are unrealistic then, I really cant see any reason for a professional athlete to do something that would probably result in him being less effective at his sport.

By the looks of the article it wouldn't surprise me if all the Celtic players were advised not to go by the club.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I am not saying more should be expected of them - I have given up on the idyllic thoughts of my youth that every player wanted to play everytime for Scotland in every match. My point is they are football players and perhaps should not be seen as such idols/heroes beyond criticism.

However the majority of players do want to play for their country Brown included, just not half way around the world in June!