Celtic v Astana - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v Astana

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Good draw and a bit different.

When you look at the other groups there isn't really another group I'd prefer. They are all bloody difficult!! Glad to avoid English clubs though.

All I had really hoped for was a pot 3 team that we could realistically beat to a Europa league place, and I think we got that.

13 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

All I had really hoped for was a pot 3 team that we could realistically beat to a Europa league place, and I think we got that.

Agree. I'm also not sure PSG are that fantastic. Don't get me wrong they're miles ahead of us but would fancy a point at home minimum if, if we performed and didn't shell goals away. I am not saying I didn't want the English as they're tough but I just can't be arsed with the whole us v them league thing that always pipes up.

Looking forward to it and flights to Munchen are booked at £46 return!

28 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Agree. I'm also not sure PSG are that fantastic. Don't get me wrong they're miles ahead of us but would fancy a point at home minimum if, if we performed and didn't shell goals away. I am not saying I didn't want the English as they're tough but I just can't be arsed with the whole us v them league thing that always pipes up.

Looking forward to it and flights to Munchen are booked at £46 return!

Happy days. I have booked the Hoops bar bus for Anderlecht but looks doubtful that I'll  make it now due it being sandwiched between Lithuania and a trip to Paris with the missus at the start of October, plus going to be an absolute nightmare for tickets given their small ground so will likely have to cancel :(

13 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Happy days. I have booked the Hoops bar bus for Anderlecht but looks doubtful that I'll  make it now due it being sandwiched between Lithuania and a trip to Paris with the missus at the start of October, plus going to be an absolute nightmare for tickets given their small ground so will likely have to cancel :(

I'll take anything that I can while over there ticket wise. I have a contact who will likely be able to get a home ticket if need be. Combining it with a beer trip. Flying Manchester to Nuremberg and work way down. Should be fun. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Surprised you can't remember that if you're old enough to  remember PSG in 96. We were terrific that night and should have won by more.

Just watched the goals there, rings a bell but not a match I remember vividly at all.

12 hours ago, Mox said:

Just watched the goals there, rings a bell but not a match I remember vividly at all.

It's funny how some games slip from the memory. I had almost no recollection of us playing PSG until I googled it....then the horror of the home leg returned ?

13 hours ago, Reevesy said:

My missus is booked on Hoops Bar for Paris.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My missus is booked on Hoops Bar for Paris.

Is she expecting to get a ticket? Think the majority of that mob watched the BMG game in a pub last year when they traveled lol

38 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Aye its shite seeing one of the best players about

He's a cheating ##### though. I understand that you're a barca fan and love him for that, but not everyone feels the same 

18 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

He's a cheating ##### though. I understand that you're a barca fan and love him for that, but not everyone feels the same 

No completley agree he is a cheating wee bawbag and i dont like that from any player but canny deny he is a cracking player and id always be happy to see any player that good. Broony will wind him up anyway haha

12 hours ago, Kirk said:

No completley agree he is a cheating wee bawbag and i dont like that from any player but canny deny he is a cracking player and id always be happy to see any player that good. Broony will wind him up anyway haha

Seem to remember it was the other way about the last time they met. 

It'll be interesting to see if PSG are any better with all of their changes. You'd imagine a front line with Neymar, Mbappe and anyone else would be fairly dangerous. 

On 29/08/2017 at 2:35 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

Seem to remember it was the other way about the last time they met. 

It'll be interesting to see if PSG are any better with all of their changes. You'd imagine a front line with Neymar, Mbappe and anyone else would be fairly dangerous. 

He brooy bit.. haha aye suppose.

Yeah "on paper" (wanky phrase) they should be pretty lethal but doesmt always work out

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

He brooy bit.. haha aye suppose.

Yeah "on paper" (wanky phrase) they should be pretty lethal but doesmt always work out

True there's no guarantee but Neymar is a hard working player, as well as talented. 

I'd bet on the PSG front line being fairly dangerous this season. 

16 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

True there's no guarantee but Neymar is a hard working player, as well as talented. 

I'd bet on the PSG front line being fairly dangerous this season. 

Yeah id agree, as long as egos don't get in the way too much