Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tartan_Don

Rugby World Cup

Recommended Posts

Draw made this morning..

POOL A

Ireland 

SCOTLAND 

Japan

Europe 1 qualifier

Play off winner

 

Other groups (all plus 2 qualifiers)

Pool B

New Zealand, South Africa, Italy

Pool C

England, France, Argentina 

Pool D

Australia, Wales, Georgia

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent draw for us. Japan has banana skin written all over it, their players will improve playing in Super Rugby and they'll be together as a team basically from now on, big home crowd and they'll be targeting Scotland as a game they can win to get into a quarter final. 

Having said that, we can win every game in that group, and that's what the target should be. Equally we could screw up and lose two. However, that's a better situation than we are normally in, so I'm happy with the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

So is it likely to be Samoa and Romania in our pot? If so, the effects of the four day turnaround before the Japan game could be mitigated somewhat if it’s romania first. 

 

Can't see it being anyone other than Romania from Europe. Either Samoa or Tonga the other one. 

Key is first up though. Beat Ireland and the Japan game should become a 1v2 decider. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last two games look doable from my perspective. Two games 6 days apart.

Any longer and I might be getting a divorce.

J

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have applied for NZ v SA on Saturday 21/9 and SCO v IRE on Sunday 22/9, both in Yokohama.

Not sure where I will be but likely Vietnam before so not too far. Should be a good if expensive weekend.

4 tickets were 330 quid. Lowest category for All Blacks game and 2nd lowest category for Scotland game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you looked into flights yet? I’ve not really bothered as I’m just presuming it will all be too expensive, but my mate married a Japanese lass and is now going, so I’d have somewhere to stay  for a few nights. The idea of stopping off somewhere cheaper like Vietnam sounds like a plan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Germany - Samoa play-off will be streamed live on world rugby website. Thank goodness Russia qualified rather than Romania, as it will give us a chance to rest a few players with the short turnaround before the japan match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 12:02 AM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Have you looked into flights yet? I’ve not really bothered as I’m just presuming it will all be too expensive, but my mate married a Japanese lass and is now going, so I’d have somewhere to stay  for a few nights. The idea of stopping off somewhere cheaper like Vietnam sounds like a plan...

I’m working in Vietnam and my hoose is in Philippines so I will just be in and out for the long weekend.

You want to be looking at flights into Haneda as opposed to Narita as it’s closer by far to Yokohama.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 6:19 PM, Mitre said:

I have applied for NZ v SA on Saturday 21/9 and SCO v IRE on Sunday 22/9, both in Yokohama.

Not sure where I will be but likely Vietnam before so not too far. Should be a good if expensive weekend.

4 tickets were 330 quid. Lowest category for All Blacks game and 2nd lowest category for Scotland game.

Something gone wrong here! Read 2 posts above!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's almost upon us. Scotland start their warm up matches with a double header against France. Away from home this Saturday at 8pm.

New Zealand have hit a rough patch with SA winning the rugby championship and the Aussies beating New Zealand last week.

This opens things up for a different winner.

I have a feeling this will be irelands year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So it's almost upon us. Scotland start their warm up matches with a double header against France. Away from home this Saturday at 8pm.

New Zealand have hit a rough patch with SA winning the rugby championship and the Aussies beating New Zealand last week.

This opens things up for a different winner.

I have a feeling this will be irelands year

Think Ireland are just the wrong side of their peak - if it had been last year or the year before, I'd agree, but I think they'll come up short. I think the South Africans have a big shot at it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah - I think SA are my slight favourites. Currently behind NZ and england in the betting.

They are in the tougher side of the draw (with us), but have been on an upwards curve since Rassie took over.

I can see us beating Ireland and losing to Samoa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going for a Wales v Scotland final. Once we have beaten NZ or SA in the quarters we will have no reason to fear anybody. That's if we make it to the quarters, of course.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Yeah - I think SA are my slight favourites. Currently behind NZ and england in the betting.

They are in the tougher side of the draw (with us), but have been on an upwards curve since Rassie took over.

I can see us beating Ireland and losing to Samoa.

I think the SAvNZ pool game will be very tentative, neither side wanting to give much away in anticipation of maybe meeting again in the final.

If we have some crazy Good Finn games, we could go a long way in the tournament though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I've just been informed the warm up matches are on premier sports. Thats a dick move by the SRU

 

😡😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

 

I've just been informed the warm up matches are on premier sports. Thats a dick move by the SRU

 

😡😡

Agree. The first game v France is on the free view premier channel on Monday morning, if that’s any help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Agree. The first game v France is on the free view premier channel on Monday morning, if that’s any help. 

I will settle for IPTV, if that doesn;t work I Will give it a miss. 

I can see the attraction of money from Premier but I know one person who pays for it. 

 

I was hoping we would surprise a few people at this world cup but I think its quarter finals at best again. I can't see us getting past NZ or SA if we do get out of the groups. I don't think we will be embarrassed but we will fall short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, vanderark14 said:

I will settle for IPTV, if that doesn;t work I Will give it a miss. 

I can see the attraction of money from Premier but I know one person who pays for it. 

 

I was hoping we would surprise a few people at this world cup but I think its quarter finals at best again. I can't see us getting past NZ or SA if we do get out of the groups. I don't think we will be embarrassed but we will fall short.

Dunno if it will be streamed here...

https://www.scottishrugby.org/?fbclid=IwAR3Oee0_eKpwsTq2GVYoNa-X32IaXyZL7ezZSdxl9rA3LyVqK_cvRO9x3qg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...