Rugby World Cup - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby World Cup


Tartan_Don
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, Orraloon said:

I'm going for a Wales v Scotland final. Once we have beaten NZ or SA in the quarters we will have no reason to fear anybody. That's if we make it to the quarters, of course.;)

On last nights showing we will be lucky to get out of the pool stage but thankfully it's only the first warm up game and Finn Russell never played

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was a disgrace. Wouldn’t surprise me if Toony gave a broadly similar team the chance to either make amends or play themselves out the reckoning.

I think he’ll rest Hogg and Barclay, and I reckon he’ll find room in the forwards for Watson and Blade Thompson off the bench.

He should maybe give Hastings another 80 as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

That was a disgrace. Wouldn’t surprise me if Toony gave a broadly similar team the chance to either make amends or play themselves out the reckoning.

I think he’ll rest Hogg and Barclay, and I reckon he’ll find room in the forwards for Watson and Blade Thompson off the bench.

He should maybe give Hastings another 80 as well.

Hogg is the only survivor, 14 changes made

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

After a game and a half Scotland finally woke up and realised they have a world cup to prepare for. 

Scotland 17-14 france

 

It ended well but until Maitlands try we were very poor. Certainly no danger of us going into the World Cup over confident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Decent result today from scotland. 44-10 against Georgia away

Yeah. Pretty much battered them. We did make mistakes, but they weren’t good enough to capitalise and their try arguably shouldn’t have stood.

We were as good as they were bad. Hopefully repeat next week with no injuries and off to Japan we go. 

Think Huw Jones may not be picked, but we shall see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Yeah. Pretty much battered them. We did make mistakes, but they weren’t good enough to capitalise and their try arguably shouldn’t have stood.

We were as good as they were bad. Hopefully repeat next week with no injuries and off to Japan we go. 

Think Huw Jones may not be picked, but we shall see.

Weve got decent depth now, something weve lacked in the pro era.

I see the last game kicks off at the same time as the Scotland v russia match

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

What genius scheduled a game at Murrayfield at the same time as the fitba team are playing?

Has that ever happened before???...

 

I cant remember it happening since I started taking an Interest in rugby. iPad for one, TV for the other tonight.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Incredible and equally baffling that if any match is suspended due to bad weather the match will be a DRAW and not replayed despite any scoreline in said match.

 

With it being monsoon season there is every chance this happens.

 

 

 

Also does anyone think that the fixtures & group have been set to benefit the host nation.

 

The group Japan have includes the weakest 2nd seed and the lowest ranked team in the tournament.

 

The fixtures are also fairly odd.

 

 

Game 1 : Japan Vs Russia (lowest ranked team and never won a world cup match)

 

Scotland (Japans probable direct competition) v World Number 1 side

 

 

Gets a bit of momentum going.

 

 

Game 5 Japan v Scotland in effectively a shoot out.

 

 

 

Now it is in everyone's interests for Japan to get out of the group, let's hope that doesn't filter to the officials....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Incredible and equally baffling that if any match is suspended due to bad weather the match will be a DRAW and not replayed despite any scoreline in said match.

 

With it being monsoon season there is every chance this happens.

 

 

 

Also does anyone think that the fixtures & group have been set to benefit the host nation.

 

The group Japan have includes the weakest 2nd seed and the lowest ranked team in the tournament.

 

The fixtures are also fairly odd.

 

 

Game 1 : Japan Vs Russia (lowest ranked team and never won a world cup match)

 

Scotland (Japans probable direct competition) v World Number 1 side

 

 

Gets a bit of momentum going.

 

 

Game 5 Japan v Scotland in effectively a shoot out.

 

 

 

Now it is in everyone's interests for Japan to get out of the group, let's hope that doesn't filter to the officials....

Yes, it has been set up like that, but the fact we now have Russia as our penultimate game instead of a significantly stronger team will help us rest our players.

How did you get on with wales tickets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Yes, it has been set up like that, but the fact we now have Russia as our penultimate game instead of a significantly stronger team will help us rest our players.

How did you get on with wales tickets?

On sale in a few weeks mate, quietly confident now as I’ve also became a member or the WRU. I think I can get 4 from that pre-sale and 4 from the principality pre sale. Means I may have to pay over the odds for the other 2 nearer the time. 

 

Its a stag doo so here’s hoping 2/3 of them are struggling too much from the Friday night and I don’t need to bother.

Edited by GaryWood34
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone known if there's anywhere with an early license to watch the Rugby World Cup games in Glasgow? 

I'd normally go to Coopers on Great Western Road but neither there nor The Crafty Pig across the road are opening. 

Ireland game on Sunday is a 08:45am kick off.

 

Seems that there are a few places in Edinburgh if any east coasters are interested: 

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/food/drink-food/rugby-world-cup-7-pubs-to-watch-the-rugby-in-edinburgh/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...