Rugby World Cup - Page 3 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby World Cup


Tartan_Don
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

We've been absolutely pish here. Don't even think Ireland have been that good but we just keep giving them the ball back. 

But every time we do hang on to the ball ireland have read our intentions perfectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

But every time we do hang on to the ball ireland have read our intentions perfectly.

I get that but why did we keep kicking it away mostly to touch? Ireland were putting it in the air asking serious questions of our handling whereas we test them with a couple of easy lineouts. Decision making has been terrible. We could finish second, third or fourth based on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

But every time we do hang on to the ball ireland have read our intentions perfectly.

Sorry that does not excuse poor handling. line-out losses and loose kicks. We can't even score with a man advantage. Sorry but this has been very poor from Scotland. It has been a thrashing even though Scotland has had more possession.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry that does not excuse poor handling. line-out losses and loose kicks. We can't even score with a man advantage. Sorry but this has been very poor from Scotland. It has been a thrashing even though Scotland has had more possession.

I didn't excuse anything.

not sure if you're having a bad day but you seem to be spoiling for an argument.

Weve been very poor but the times we haven't and almost get momentum going, ireland are ready for it. I'm agreeing with you and haven't excused anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I get that but why did we keep kicking it away mostly to touch? Ireland were putting it in the air asking serious questions of our handling whereas we test them with a couple of easy lineouts. Decision making has been terrible. We could finish second, third or fourth based on this.

I'm not pushing the panic button. We can bounce back from this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't excuse anything.

not sure if you're having a bad day but you seem to be spoiling for an argument.

Weve been very poor but the times we haven't and almost get momentum going, ireland are ready for it. I'm agreeing with you and haven't excused anything

Sorry if it comes across that way - no offence. It is all just a very disappointing performance and cannot be looked at in any other way if we want to go forward from here.

Obviously, it does not wreck or ruin our chances of getting out of the group. I still think we will go through but we have to improve all facets of our game.

Again sorry if I offended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not pushing the panic button. We can bounce back from this 

Och I'm just sore because I currently have the joys of watching Stoke and Scotland be really shit at football so hoped this would give some modicum of relief.

It did seem mental though that they were testing us with high kicks with a wet ball whereas we liked to kick it out so Ireland could dry it with a towel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very disappointing from Scotland this morning. 

Fair play to Ireland - seemed to get their game plan spot on. Never gave Hogg or Russell a sniff and absolutely smothered our forwards any time we tried to gain ground.  Defensively they are very good. 

Handling errors are frustrating but it’s just a reality when you’re under the cosh and chasing a game. 

Not enough from Laidlaw and I’m not sure Barclay is the player he was. Overall feels like we’re not as dangerous as we were a couple of years ago when Huw Jones was flying and we seemed to have a better blend. 

Shame to seen Hamish Watson get a bad one.

Up to them to pick it up now and get out of the group. I notice that Japan have an extra 4 days rest before the final game. It’ll really need the whole squad to step up! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry if it comes across that way - no offence. It is all just a very disappointing performance and cannot be looked at in any other way if we want to go forward from here.

Obviously, it does not wreck or ruin our chances of getting out of the group. I still think we will go through but we have to improve all facets of our game.

Again sorry if I offended.

You didnt offend mate, have you seen the abuse that flies around this place? 😂😂😂

Like both of you i am gutted but weve proven we can bounce back after poor performances.

21 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Och I'm just sore because I currently have the joys of watching Stoke and Scotland be really shit at football so hoped this would give some modicum of relief.

It did seem mental though that they were testing us with high kicks with a wet ball whereas we liked to kick it out so Ireland could dry it with a towel.

Haha, I feel your pain. Aberdeen and scotland dont provide much in the way of footballing happiness. Despite losing quite a few over the last 12 months I felt a sense of pride about the rugby side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Night and day really between the teams. I'm not a huge rugby fan, but even I could see the difference.

Odd that a lot of these Glasgow players can beat the Irish lads for their club side yet look like rabbits in the headlights when chucked together for the international side.

Ireland are the country version of - here's what you could have won Scotland.

Pretty tiring though seeing Scotland embarrass themselves time after time on the international stage in all form of sport.

Japan didn't look too great against Russia, but they got the win and the bonus point plus no doubt some added nerves of the first game, hosts etc ; Scotland might end up toiling with the physical Samoans as well ; maybe get some cash on Japan to get through the group.

Never should have sacked or let Cotter go really.  Don't think Scotland have beaten a Tier 1 team at a WC in about 30 years so no doubt we may well struggle through the group before getting absolutely destroyed by NZ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else noticed that the closer Scotland gets to Independence the shittier our National Teams get ?

Obviously the SRU are a far bigger Unionist/Protestant Supremacist cabal than the SFA but is it possible that players prefer playing for Scotland with the comfort blanket of the UK behind them because of an ingrained mindset ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clearly some people cant think outside the box

After all it works in the opposite direction - The appetite for Scottish National teams has waned for many after we rejected Independence in 2014

Not to mention the extreme Yoons who would rather support England rather than Scotland as they see the TA in particular as being SNP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Clearly some people cant think outside the box

After all it works in the opposite direction - The appetite for Scottish National teams has waned for many after we rejected Independence in 2014

Not to mention the extreme Yoons who would rather support England rather than Scotland as they see the TA in particular as being SNP

The appetite for scottish teams hasn't waned. The appetite for the nation football team has but that's because they're utter dung and their heart isn't in it. 

The rugby side has seen crowds flock back since 2014 and the team improved during that time too. They have regressed over the last 8 or 9 months but that's fuck all to do with scottish independence. Watch the rugby lads sing the anthem, they're passionate and proud.......watch the football lads, it's almost like theyre embarrassed to be there.

What other sports has the appetite waned for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What other sports has the appetite waned for?

All Scottish sport in general IMO

I think there is a lot of denial after Pandora's box was opened in 2014 when we realised we are not the passionate country that everyone thought we were 

Lets face it we have a National Anthem that is now a humiliation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you be specific regarding sport? I can only think of football. Nothing else comes to mind. I remember the cricket team beating england, I was cheering them on and I cant stand cricket. The womens football team failed but i dont think the appetite to support them waned.

Andy Murray, arguably our greatest ever sportsperson won wimbledon after the referendum and became world number one after winning the atp finals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...