The Ibrox Disaster Song - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What's your stance on your support reverting to type and going back to their blatant bigotry?

The hun support at RP this season is the worst I've seen in over a decade, absolute pond life.

My stance.  I think it's disgusting, and not enough is being done to stamp it out.  This season has been the worst for a good while, and it make's it very uncomfortable whilst attending.  I won't lie though, it is very difficult to speak up in such an environment, as some caveman will try and club you.

I wasn't at either RP game, but it was audible on TV.  Also a reason why I frequent less games these days.  

Clubs need to start being reprimanded by the Governing bodies, as it's the only way these mutant's will (hopfully) learn if the clubs are docked points etc.  It won't happen, and until such a time, I can only see us (Rangers) getting worse.

I can't really get my head round why someone needs to hold such views.  Similar to folk using hun if we are being honest these days. 

11 minutes ago, Pâté said:

It is not pish, the Rangers stuff is just as bad as the Aberdeen fans.

You're talking as if Aberdeen fans actually sang the song GBR Bear is claiming. He's completely made it up! 

9 minutes ago, Pâté said:

Him, and all the other's who heard it.  
The OF, and you lot are best in the gutter where you belong with your bile.  It was aired, and then shut down.  A quick look on twitter will also see this being 'discussed' albeit, one DR journalist has been savagely attacked by the hordes because he dared mention this.  I'm sure @BMillsy could easy find this out too.

:lol: 

You're attempting to smear the whole of the Aberdeen support for something that didn't happen. If that's your patter, then bash on. It makes you look like an idiot though. 

Is you mentioning my twitter handle supposed to bother me? 

47 minutes ago, Debian said:

My stance.  I think it's disgusting, and not enough is being done to stamp it out.  This season has been the worst for a good while, and it make's it very uncomfortable whilst attending.  I won't lie though, it is very difficult to speak up in such an environment, as some caveman will try and club you.

I wasn't at either RP game, but it was audible on TV.  Also a reason why I frequent less games these days.  

Clubs need to start being reprimanded by the Governing bodies, as it's the only way these mutant's will (hopfully) learn if the clubs are docked points etc.  It won't happen, and until such a time, I can only see us (Rangers) getting worse.

I can't really get my head round why someone needs to hold such views.  Similar to folk using hun if we are being honest these days. 

Fair enough, honest answer. Except the bit about Hun, no different from you calling Celtic fans Bheggars or Aberdeen fans Sheep Shaggers and certainly not in any way bigoted like the clearly audible bigotry on a large scale from the Rangers support. Rangers don't want to do anything about it as they need it to exist as a big club, I don't even think points deductions would stop these morons from doing it either tbh. Rangers is just a way for them to vent their bile.

Talking of scumbags,seems like normal service was resumed yesterday. 

24A0D283-C1DE-4E1E-86BE-EDE70A0F1F2F_zps49DA323F-5B26-440A-8AA6-5DBBEACFDA8C_zpsAt least everyone breaking a seat will be caught on camera. Hopefully AFC will raise criminal charges against them to sort it all. 

Edited by dandydunn

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Talking of scumbags,seems like normal service was resumed yesterday. 

24A0D283-C1DE-4E1E-86BE-EDE70A0F1F2F_zps49DA323F-5B26-440A-8AA6-5DBBEACFDA8C_zpsAt least everyone breaking a seat will be caught on camera. Hopefully AFC will raise criminal charges against them to sort it all. 

It was Aberdeen fans that broke the seats and threw them at themselves... 

36 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Neil Mcann (Catholic) = Hun.

Jock Stein (Protestant)= not a hun.

Hope that's clear enough for you Debian.

Not really.  Jock Stein is referred to as a f**ian... He was a Protestant and a Mason.

40 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Neil Mcann (Catholic) = Hun.

Jock Stein (Protestant)= not a hun.

Hope that's clear enough for you Debian.

I think the use of the word hun gets blurred when it is used to describe Hearts as "Embra Huns"/"Mini huns"/"diet huns". The explanantion of that it only means The Ranjurs goes out of the window for those using it in the above context.

Edited by theweestevie

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

Not really.  Jock Stein is referred to as a f**ian... He was a Protestant and a Mason.

Wooosh.

I think what he's saying is that most of us refer to anyone connected to Rangers as being a hun. No matter their religion or allegiances before joining Rangers.

For example, my dad is protestant, as is my aunt and tons of my other friends and family who have season tickets at RP with me. They aren't huns though, they are Killie fans. My dad's cousins have season tickets at Ibrox. they are also protestant but support Rangers and are therefore huns.

Nothing to do with religion.

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rangers don't want to do anything about it as they need it to exist as a big club, I don't even think points deductions would stop these morons from doing it either tbh. Rangers is just a way for them to vent their bile.

I think there is an element of truth in this, as it would eliminate a large following, and as such reduce revenue.

The clubs are happy to sit back as they know there won't be any repercussions.  When we see UEFA (not often enough though) fine clubs for racist chanting, there is no need for the SPFL/SFA not to act.  I think we all know - or should all know - what is right, and what is wrong.  But until this is effectively managed by the powers that be, it's a free for all.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wooosh.

I think what he's saying is that most of us refer to anyone connected to Rangers as being a hun. No matter their religion or allegiances before joining Rangers.

For example, my dad is protestant, as is my aunt and tons of my other friends and family who have season tickets at RP with me. They aren't huns though, they are Killie fans. My dad's cousins have season tickets at Ibrox. they are also protestant but support Rangers and are therefore huns.

Nothing to do with religion.

Haha, I missed the Jock Stein bit, then mentioned him :lol:

14 minutes ago, Pâté said:

Could be worse, I could put up your online dating handle.

Good one... 

You hide behind your anonymity like a shitebag if you want though :) 

4 minutes ago, Debian said:

I think there is an element of truth in this, as it would eliminate a large following, and as such reduce revenue.

The clubs are happy to sit back as they know there won't be any repercussions.  When we see UEFA (not often enough though) fine clubs for racist chanting, there is no need for the SPFL/SFA not to act.  I think we all know - or should all know - what is right, and what is wrong.  But until this is effectively managed by the powers that be, it's a free for all.

Until the clubs accept Strict Liability in Scotland, nothing will change. It's a condition of participation in UEFA competitions but unfortunately the clubs in the SPFL keep voting against it. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good one... 

You hide behind your anonymity like a shitebag if you want though :) 

Until the clubs accept Strict Liability in Scotland, nothing will change. It's a condition of participation in UEFA competitions but unfortunately the clubs in the SPFL keep voting against it. 

You pair get a room.

Why are Scottish clubs allowed to continue if this is not accepted then?  Either UEFA are shitebags and won't enforce, or they should withdraw places.

1 minute ago, Debian said:

Why are Scottish clubs allowed to continue if this is not accepted then?  Either UEFA are shitebags and won't enforce, or they should withdraw places.

Domestic football isn't a UEFA run competition. It's up to the SPFL & SFA what rules are in place in our domestic football. 

20 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I think the use of the word hun gets blurred when it is used to describe Hearts as "Embra Huns"/"Mini huns"/"diet huns". The explanantion of that it only means The Ranjurs goes out of the window for those using it in the above context.

Hearts are seen as diet huns because a fair chunk of their support behave like them when they play Celtic, nothing to do with their religion.

I've already given a clear explanation in this thread of how a hun is defined. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Pâté said:

Disgusting from both sets of fans. Why can't teams just sing about football, rather than deid catholics, stadium disasters and all the other guff.

Here here.

I don't normally get involved in these type of discussions, but at the Motherwell game, 4 or 5 guys, obviously rat arsed started singing the catholic song that Reevesy refers to, and I know for a fact that their seats were taken and passed on.  I don't expect to see them at a game again.  I appreciate it is a small incident and not the scale you are all discussing, but worthy of note.  Honestly, the first time I have heard it at Ibrox as well.  Probably only because the culprits were very close to me.  Cvnts.  Most songs I dont have an issue with, in one ear, out the other for me, for all teams.

13 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Here here.

I don't normally get involved in these type of discussions, but at the Motherwell game, 4 or 5 guys, obviously rat arsed started singing the catholic song that Reevesy refers to, and I know for a fact that their seats were taken and passed on.  I don't expect to see them at a game again.  I appreciate it is a small incident and not the scale you are all discussing, but worthy of note.  Honestly, the first time I have heard it at Ibrox as well.  Probably only because the culprits were very close to me.  Cvnts.  Most songs I dont have an issue with, in one ear, out the other for me, for all teams.

When you say "seats were taken" as in the numbers noted,or the more literal meaning?? :D