Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly this is painful to watch, joining political parties like pop groupies or fitba fan clubs. I really don't know what it is all supposed to achieve?

cause its trendy, Facebook again no doubt. Everybody look at me I'm into politics Edited by dan cake

Truly this is painful to watch, joining political parties like pop groupies or fitba fan clubs. I really don't know what it is all supposed to achieve?

It's called being positive and having a bright outlook on life, which appears to be against the rules for the other boring lot. You know it makes sense, come and join the fun and shake off those dreary Unionst shackles

I joined today :ok:

TT

I joined tonight and never thought i would see the day i would be into politics but i am and the referendum was such major part of our lives it has changed politics in scotland for good.The time will come where the snp membership will have a major part to play in the future of scotland by destroying the tories and their pals the red tories.I for one want to be involved in that aswell as helping to shape the way forward for the snp.

If you wish to boost new membership here is one cheap way... every international media I am seeing now is badly out of date due to the speed of the new joiners, Russia Today are still quoting numbers like 66% growth...Same with everyone. So (especially if you live abroad) please point out it is now 170% plus in 8 days post No. This is a real story but maybe they have lost focus. 170%!

Cannot see the point in this, but good luck to you all

You have to pay to join so there's the money going to help the party progress. If even a fraction of those joining get involved then an already formidable grassroots machine will only get stronger. And the more votes the SNP get the more the clamour will grow for a better solution than we have just now.

Why not? Have you given up hope on independence? The point is the more members that join, the more people get actively involved to get people onside and in favour of independence, the stronger our political voice becomes for achieving that, its now all about moving on from a 45% of voters and getting a significant majority in favour!

Why not? Have you given up hope on independence? The point is the more members that join, the more people get actively involved to get people onside and in favour of independence, the stronger our political voice becomes for achieving that, its now all about moving on from a 45% of voters and getting a significant majority in favour!

Yes. When the time called - we shat it

Point taken! What is now needed is to find out why people who probably would have voted yes changed their minds as soon as the three stooges turned up on the scene with their hollow promises of more powers, there will be doubtless enough who voted no out there regretting their decision already, those are the ones we need to be getting onside, as for the rest we need to be opening their eyes to the reality of Westminster rule and the austerity they are imposing!

Yes. When the time called - we shat it

I didn't shite it. Did you? Did the 1.6 million folk who voted Yes? We move on and we go again. We go on from now stronger, more aware, more optimistic and more determined. There's no place for defeatism or cynicism now.

I have to admit I was devastated last weekend, but thanks to friends and family and a lot of heated talk, I - we - got over it and realised that this is just the start. The last 2 years has been amazing in Scotland, the aspiration and positivity of people, challenging the way we are governed and demanding change in such a peaceful manner as it was, has been wonderful.

Get up, dust yersel down, find your vigour and go again. No one ever said this was going to be easy. :sing:;)

BBC News in twitter saying Catalonian president calls independence referendum for 9th of Nov, despite opposition from Spanish government.

We were allowed one because the UK government were certain it would be No.

Catalunya won't be allowed one because the Spanish government are certain it will be Yes.

Edited by Toepoke

1. Sent a message of support to the SNP in their darkest hour.

2. Sent the message 'don't even think about walking away'.

3. Gave people disgusted at what they had just witnessed a way to publicly express their determination to reverse it.

4. Sends a message to the cheaters, Go Fukk Yourselves if you think this over.

5. It got us off the deck and back onto the front foot after the knock out blow of Thursday.

6. Something to do...

I would say if you want to walk away that is your choice and you can do so honourably but do not discourage others who decide to fight as that would be bitterness. Also you do not shit it, I did not shit it and anyone who voted Yes (nearly half the voters) did not shit it. And even within No Aberdeen did not shit it nor did Edinburgh.

BBC News in twitter saying Catalonian president calls independence referendum for 9th of Nov, despite opposition from Spanish government.

We were allowed one because the UK government were certain it would be No.

Catalunya won't be allowed one because the Spanish government are certain it will be Yes.

I'm up for a march on the 9th of November to show solidarity with the people of Catalunya. Of all the interest throughout the world in our referendum, the Cataloons' has been the most supportive. They looked to us with envy as an example of democracy allowing self-empowerment. I'm just sorry we disappointed them.

Show us how to vote Yes Catalunya and have self-belief.