Westminster Attack ? - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, aaid said:

You have to really look at his timeline, this was one tweet of many.

The starting point and the line he took all the way through was that if there was no threat to Holyrood - which there wasn't - then business should proceed, as you shouldn't let terrorists dictate what you do.  I think that's a pretty valid view to take.   

There were other tweets to the extent that Westminster didn't suspend business on 7/7 and John Major carried on a cabinet meeting after the IRA bombs Downing Street.

Ultimately I think it was the right thing to do as a lot of MSPs were understandly distracted.

If Holyrood hadn't been debating a second referendum at the time, I doubt anyone would have passed comment.  The Welsh Assembly continued sitting after Holyrood was suspended but they then subsequently adjourned.

I've also seen some evidence that Murdo Fraser was playing games by raising a point of order to suspend parliament, when the Deputy PO was in the chair and he knew that the PO and the business managers from all parties, including his own were outside the chamber deciding whether or not to continue.

You can only draw the conclusion that he did this because he knew the request would be obviously turned down by the deputy PO, an SNP MSP, purely to score a political point. By making it look like the SNP were lacking respect.

I didn't look at the full timeline tbf, just saw that tweet in isolation.  All the points you make are fair :ok:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I didn't look at the full timeline tbf, just saw that tweet in isolation.  All the points you make are fair :ok:

Indeed. As usual though, WoS undermines the point he is making by acting like a total whank. 

Guest flumax
9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I see there is now a Saudi connection.

Lone Wolf, nutjob, Quick, quick avoid embarrassing they Saudis, it worked for 9/11

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39383989

1.5m dead and counting from our govt decision to invade in 2003

no war crimes proceedings brought against perpetrators

but let's not bother analysing why we have all become less safe

rather than account for our foreign policy to prevent a future attack. We'll talk freedom and democracy, do nothing and hope we're not around when the next one lands

The more information that comes out on this guy, the more it's obvious that he was simply a psychotic lunatic who snapped.

Yet the right-wing media insist on calling him a 'Jihadi' or 'ISIS terrorist'. 

There must be a group of medieval nutjobs sitting in the desert pishing themselves laughing at the thought of thousands of Brits looking under their beds for towelhead killers. 

The Daily Mail are doing their job for them. 

39 minutes ago, Rossy said:

The more information that comes out on this guy, the more it's obvious that he was simply a psychotic lunatic who snapped.

Yet the right-wing media insist on calling him a 'Jihadi' or 'ISIS terrorist'. 

There must be a group of medieval nutjobs sitting in the desert pishing themselves laughing at the thought of thousands of Brits looking under their beds for towelhead killers. 

The Daily Mail are doing their job for them. 

It's not just the right wing media.

The so called liberal left wing media is just as bad, if not worse as more people take it seriously. 

37 minutes ago, Rossy said:

This is the rub though

In the last few years there has been a connection between most of these perpetrators with mental illness, drugs and alcohol.

Without extremist ideology would they have had the spark to snap them into committing such atrocities ?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is the rub though

In the last few years there has been a connection between most of these perpetrators with mental illness, drugs and alcohol.

Without extremist ideology would they have had the spark to snap them into committing such atrocities ?

Ask the Columbine shooters.

38 minutes ago, phart said:

Ask the Columbine shooters.

Their spark was not Islamic ideology but they did find one

I don't believe you can truely address the extremism of this nature as long as the Middle East is subjected to the wests interventions. And even when it stops, the ramifications of what's happened will take many many years to he healed. Until then you're going to have to accept the odd attack. 

This is of course accepting the mainstream narrative that this was a terrorist attack by someone or some people acting on behalf of "Isis"