Who Do We Trust For News? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who Do We Trust For News?

Aye - but they also didn't have any influence over that. If a company provides a service that you want at a price that is good for you, I don't see why you shouldn't buy from it just because the man at the top had a different viewpoint than yourself.

Jen, as others have said, its the fact he used his position to subvert democracy. And you think he gives a toss about the staff? Not a chance. bottom line is all they care about.

ByArDQACUAAm6FR.jpg

I can't read that, but I'm guessing these people, if they are real, want the comfort blanket of an SNP government to protect them from Westminster while at the same time asking them to renounce their founding principle of independence. This is what "the best of both world's means?" Well they can f*ck off. I am going to join the SNP today and they can renounce the aim of independence over my dead body.

News RT and RT.com

as for the broadsheet what we need is a new start up broadsheet that supports the Yes movement ... their is a appetite for one

and as for the Ukraine stuff our media has been telling lies about our so called friends in western Ukraine and their pro Nazi sh!t

If you want a News channel that paints reality the way you want to see it look not further than Vladimir Putin's propaganda mouthpiece Russia Today whose editorial viewpoint on the independence debate and democratic outlook ties in nicely with those who contribute to most of the political discourse on this forum.

Tune in channel 135 I think on freeview it will make many of you feel warm and fuzzy inside no doubt.

Down with the imperialist pigs!

If you want a News channel that paints reality the way you want to see it look not further than Vladimir Putin's propaganda mouthpiece Russia Today whose editorial viewpoint on the independence debate and democratic outlook ties in nicely with those who contribute to most of the political discourse on this forum.

Tune in channel 135 I think on freeview it will make many of you feel warm and fuzzy inside no doubt.

Down with the imperialist pigs!

What is needed is a news channel that shows reality that actually happened - that any neutral international news agency would cover - and not (for example) ignore peaceful rallies that look good for one side, or ignore unrest that looks bad for the other side. Something is wrong when you need to look to social media or news sources outside UK to get the picture.

What is needed is a news channel that shows reality that actually happened - that any neutral international news agency would cover - and not (for example) ignore peaceful rallies that look good for one side, or ignore unrest that looks bad for the other side. Something is wrong when you need to look to social media or news sources outside UK to get the picture.

Thats why we need something that is based in Scotland. We need analysis on why people voted No but undoubtedly tv and newspaper views helped massively. Were Yes voters more in touch with new media whereas No voters simply more reliant on old media? I don't know but a less one-sided media would have helped. There would certainly appear to be a market for a popular paper that appeals to a broad church and challenges the No line. I don't know whether that could be in place for the next referedum but what what we do need is to hold Cameron, Clegg etc accountable for their vow and that process of holding them to account can't just be done or shared by preaching to the converted, we somehow need to get that message out ot the 55.

Thats why we need something that is based in Scotland. We need analysis on why people voted No but undoubtedly tv and newspaper views helped massively. Were Yes voters more in touch with new media whereas No voters simply more reliant on old media? I don't know but a less one-sided media would have helped. There would certainly appear to be a market for a popular paper that appeals to a broad church and challenges the No line. I don't know whether that could be in place for the next referedum but what what we do need is to hold Cameron, Clegg etc accountable for their vow and that process of holding them to account can't just be done or shared by preaching to the converted, we somehow need to get that message out ot the 55.

Their vow got them what they needed in the short term but has actually killed them in the long term. I'm kind of glad now that they did produce the vow. The Scottish people are meek enough to have shat it and voted no anyway. Now it gives something for "the45" to cling to.

Name and shame? What utter bollox - are you still in the playground? Boycotting any company affects the people that work for them - and they've got badger all influence over the announcement that the management make.

If a company doesn't offer the service that you want, use the free market economy to find an alternative but don't make a decision just because you don't like something that the man at the top has said.

I dont disagree, but the free market economy point is fair - and people are perfectly entitled to use other companies for whatever reason they wish. People have campaigned against and boycotted Nestle for decades on ethical and moral grounds. While this might not be the same thing, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to avoid companies who's political interference is open to question.

Thats why we need something that is based in Scotland.

Definitely. The fact that our news was delivered almost entirely from organisations based in London skewed the debate. How many countries get their mainstream media from another country? We were cycling into a hurricane from day one.

Polls in Catalonia show that they have a majority for independence and guess what - they have their own mainstream media.

Edited by Armchair Bob

Seems an appropriate place to put this.

This has got to stop :lol:

http://youtu.be/MZRYVE4naHc

Ye seen a couple of the vids doing the rounds such as the one from sky news showing a table supposedly for the piles of no vote but when you look closely there are at least 2 piles with yes votes. Don't know if there is anything in it or not but it did ring a few very quiet bells

Ye seen a couple of the vids doing the rounds such as the one from sky news showing a table supposedly for the piles of no vote but when you look closely there are at least 2 piles with yes votes. Don't know if there is anything in it or not but it did ring a few very quiet bells

Na, the chief reporting personthingy reported on it. That was when all the votes were being tallied but hadn't been split into Yes/No. It just happened to be a table there was a 'No' sign on was where they were left.

Na, the chief reporting personthingy reported on it. That was when all the votes were being tallied but hadn't been split into Yes/No. It just happened to be a table there was a 'No' sign on was where they were left.

Ye was half wondering if they could really be that stupid. Most of the " dodgy things" to do with the count have a logical and inocent explanation

Ye was half wondering if they could really be that stupid. Most of the " dodgy things" to do with the count have a logical and inocent explanation

Aye, they do. There are quite a few Facebook groups sharing this pish and ranting and raving about petitions, and it's all a bit embarrassing. We've a much stronger cheating case against the addition of the 'extra powers' option at the death, frankly.

I know what you mean but I'd say it's the will of the majority but it's not exactly settled - arguably support for independence has never been higher

and... it's understandable as a soundbite from say a Labour politician, but from the state broadcaster sounds like wishful thinking