Grifiths - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Grifiths

Malcolm

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Done fuk all apart from being a greedy bassa and screwing up our best chance

His movement alone caused more problems than just about any other CF had in ages, although wasnt great on ball but had some decent touches.

Strachan ignoring him then throwing him in away to England probably doesnt help either.

Scotlands best CF by a mile.

Griffiths showed enough tonight that Strachan should have gave him his chance earlier. To throw him in against England up front on his own and then have a go at him would be pretty unfair. Yeah, some of his finishing wasn't great, but if he had some proper minutes under his belt before this game, it might of been different

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

I thought he was ok but not passing that chance to Snodgrass is pretty much unforgivable. At Celtic he might get another 3 or 4 similar chances in the course of a game so it wouldn't matter as much but with Scotland we simply have to take advantage of those situations.

And on a similar note, that was probably Forrest's best game but he was still pretty hopeless. That's twice in the last couple of games he's missed an absolute sitter at a crucial part of the game and he's failed to hit the target both times. Just not good enough.

Just now, munro7 said:

I thought he was ok but not passing that chance to Snodgrass is pretty much unforgivable. At Celtic he might get another 3 or 4 similar chances in the course of a game so it wouldn't matter as much but with Scotland we simply have to take advantage of those situations.

And on a similar note, that was probably Forrest's best game but he was still pretty hopeless. That's twice in the last couple of games he's missed an absolute sitter at a crucial part of the game and he's failed to hit the target both times. Just not good enough.

Lest we forget Griffiths missed a golden chance V Lithuania with a tame header (when unmarked) from 8-yards-out directing it into the keepers midrift.

Done more in last nights game than Martin has done in his previous 3 games. Throw him in last night then blame him, dear oh dear.

If he had played against Lithuania (from the start) I'm confident to say he would have scored the same with Slovakia.

2 minutes ago, Rattlesnake said:

Done more in last nights game than Martin has done in his previous 3 games. Throw him in last night then blame him, dear oh dear.

If he had played against Lithuania (from the start) I'm confident to say he would have scored the same with Slovakia.

Since when do you need to start before insuring you will score? Burke scored after coming on as sub with about 10 minutes to play for Red Bull Leipzig. If you are good enough you can score in an instant.

The brutal treatment of some fans.....moan for ages he doesn't play then slag him to after one game!  He played quite well i thought caused a lot more unease in the England backline than Martin would have.  I seen enough from him that given more opportunities he'll get better at this level.  

1 hour ago, Radian said:

The brutal treatment of some fans.....moan for ages he doesn't play then slag him to after one game!  He played quite well i thought caused a lot more unease in the England backline than Martin would have.  I seen enough from him that given more opportunities he'll get better at this level.  

It's not a criticism to say that so far he hasn't looked like he'll score, and that there's a doubt whether he's international class or not.

His own club manager doesn't seem to trust him in Europe, and he's becoming a bit like Kris Boyd without the international goals.

That said, playing the lone striker role with no other Scotland player within 30 yards of him simply isn't his game. He needs a target man along side him to feed off. 

Whether he'll get that luxury with Scotland is doubtful.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It's not a criticism to say that so far he hasn't looked like he'll score, and that there's a doubt whether he's international class or not.

His own club manager doesn't seem to trust him in Europe, and he's becoming a bit like Kris Boyd without the international goals.

That said, playing the lone striker role with no other Scotland player within 30 yards of him simply isn't his game. He needs a target man along side him to feed off. 

Whether he'll get that luxury with Scotland is doubtful.

Exactly.

And in any case Chris Martin would have been crucified had he played last night and not scored as would Fletcher.