Oliver Burke - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

Stuart87

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Most people couldn't give a shit about RB Leipzig either way champ.

Here in Germany. Red Bull Leipzig in Germany and Red Bull Salzburg in Austria are extremely unpopular. Boycotts and banners against a club formed for Marketing purposes only. One guy wrote about köln Leipzig 1,5 weeks ago here in Cologne which i was at as well. Well ask him about the banners and sit-in Protest of our fans(not only ultras). 

Most Scots probably dont know and dont care but the Red Bull Clubs are the cancer of football. Merge and establish clubs only to promote a soft drink??

Come on...Burke aside ..what is football heading to?

10 hours ago, tam4ritchie said:

Was at the Cologne v liepzig game and as well as a decent game it was a cracking atmosphere. Also I kept a keen eye on Burke and he had a really good game and off the ball his movement was great, which you don't always see watching on telly. Hope he continues to improve as he could be a great player for us for many years. 

Where were you sitting?? How you liked cologne?

20 minutes ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Here in Germany. Red Bull Leipzig in Germany and Red Bull Salzburg in Austria are extremely unpopular. Boycotts and banners against a club formed for Marketing purposes only. One guy wrote about köln Leipzig 1,5 weeks ago here in Cologne which i was at as well. Well ask him about the banners and sit-in Protest of our fans(not only ultras). 

Most Scots probably dont know and dont care but the Red Bull Clubs are the cancer of football. Merge and establish clubs only to promote a soft drink??

Good question.  I mean isn't it terrible that a club owned by a foreign billionaire can buy its way to the title year after year.

Just now, aaid said:

Good question.  I mean isn't it terrible that a club owned by a foreign billionaire can buy its way to the title year after year.

Agreed. Desmond is ruining Scottish Football. The title should be awarded to whoever finished 2nd IMO.

2 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

So you want the title to go to Rangers this year

Mon the huns.

I thought they would be doing better. Warburton was looking really good on the way up and then suddenly all these weird signings and a predictably shit start to the season... go work that one out.

2 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

They're still valid clubs though - they provide a community with a team to support, they abide by the same rules as every other club... Only difference is they have financial clout from the outset.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 8:47 PM, vanderark14 said:

German fans are a strange bunch, they don't want RB Leipzig in their league but they're happy for Bayern to dominate and buy up all the other talent.

They are not happy with it. Can you not see the fundamental difference? Bayern worked their way to the top. They werent even in the top flight when our Bundesliga started. We won it first and were in the driving seat back then(1.FC Köln) but with talent and good sense of business they rose to the top. I cant stand them and love to see them getting beat by most clubs. But they are a genuine well run football club which has been building its fanbase and power over 4 decades now.

And then a business man comes along and forms a club ONLY to promote his drink. For that reason only. Bo intetest in Leipzig nor Salzburg at all. Just strategic product placement by renaming a club and logo with no roots in that area. 

You have to see the difference no?

I can respect Bayern(even Chelsea or Manchester City) and dont like them. They have become all dominant clubs in recent years and lost their soul.However I can not respect Leipzig cos they born out of commercial interest and not for the love of football.

But each to their own.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 8:33 PM, aaid said:

But Celtic was formed for football and community/ free meals and has gained a fanbase beyond the Catholic irish community for over 13 decades now. It worked its way to the top and won titles before it got big. 

There wasnt any billionaire founding celtic in 1888 to promote some Irish drink who bought titles and just outspend the others.Celtic got big because it performed well.I can agree however, that the current size and financial power is - as with Bayern, City, Barca,Real etc- doing no good to its domestic football.  But Celtic has grown organicially and that is the main difference. It took them a century (more ore less).

Edited by Batzek-osemba

1 hour ago, Batzek-osemba said:

They are not happy with it. Can you not see the fundamental difference? Bayern worked their way to the top. They werent even in the top flight when our Bundesliga started. We won it first and were in the driving seat back then(1.FC Köln) but with talent and good sense of business they rose to the top. I cant stand them and love to see them getting beat by most clubs. But they are a genuine well run football club which has been building its fanbase and power over 4 decades now.

And then a business man comes along and forms a club ONLY to promote his drink. For that reason only. Bo intetest in Leipzig nor Salzburg at all. Just strategic product placement by renaming a club and logo with no roots in that area. 

I can respect Bayern(even Chelsea or Manchester City) and dont like them. They have become all dominant clubs in recent years and lost their soul.However I can not respect Leipzig cos they born out of commercial interest and not for the love of football.

But each to their own.

Everyone sees the difference but as has been explained to you, there's a community who support these red bull teams and in particular Leipzig has a focus on youth. Since you have such respect for Chelsea and Manchester City this chip on your shoulder must only be about the age of the club or the name red bull. Both city and Chelsea are historic English clubs but neither became giants until they were bought by billionaires.

if they were just called Leipzig would that make you happy? 

Im sorry but your logic along is completely flawed here. 

1 hour ago, Batzek-osemba said:

But Celtic was formed for football and community/ free meals and has gained a fanbase beyond the Catholic irish community for over 13 decades now. It worked its way to the top and won titles before it got big. 

There wasnt any billionaire founding celtic in 1888 to promote some Irish drink who bought titles and just outspend the others.Celtic got big because it performed well.I can agree however, that the current size and financial power is - as with Bayern, City, Barca,Real etc- doing no good to its domestic football.  But Celtic has grown organicially and that is the main difference. It took them a century (more ore less).

As Chuck D said, "Don't believe the hype". 

4 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

But each to their own.

I've been thinking about this a bit.

It seems to me the list of possible reasons to hate RB Leipzig are:

they bought another club out of existence
they have no tradition
they found a way round the 50+1 rule
they are buying success
they were set-up to promote red bull

IMO

Buying another club out of existence happens. Airdrie United for example. I imagine Airdrie aren't a popular club with neutrals. 

No tradition. Every club has to start sometime.

50+1 rule. This seems to me like a reason to be concerned. But not that concerned, because it's still not easy to get around the rule.

Buying success. Not any different to Wolfsburg, or Bayer, or Hoffenheim is it?

Promoting products. Every club in the world promotes some kind of product now. Is this really any worse than Celtic promoting Magners?

Buying Markranstädt out of existence and bending all the rules seem like the only reasons to hate them to me.

But they seem to be mainly hated for having no tradition, buying success, and promoting drinks.

Who gives a fk about the background and ethics of leipzig, I am firmly in the" our new Scottish hope plays for them so I love them" camp and anyone who doesn't who knows anything about football and is scottish must be some sort of idiot not to be of the same opinion.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Wolfsburg and Leverkusen's heritage is that they were originally the works teams of Volkswagen and Bayer, who own the clubs.  Pretty sure they predate the 50+1 rule.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Wolfsburg and Leverkusen's heritage is that they were originally the works teams of Volkswagen and Bayer, who own the clubs.  Pretty sure they predate the 50+1 rule.

So the only difference again is the history of the clubs or the length of time they have been in existence?

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So the only difference again is the history of the clubs or the length of time they have been in existence?

No, the difference is that only one of them is being bankrolled by their parent company as a marketing exercise.