Jack And Paul Mckay - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack And Paul Mckay

ErsatzThistle

Anyone know anything about these two lads playing for Doncaster Rovers and more importantly why they haven't been brought into our under-age teams yet ? Admittedly nothing to get too excited about yet but they seem to be attracting some attention from other clubs.

I thought the SFA said they were "casting the net wide" in the search for players ?

They were featured on SSN website's scout page:

Paul McKay:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9553986/sky-sports-scout-reports-on-young-forward-jack-mckay

Jack McKay:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12028/9527537/sky-sports-scout-reports-on-young-forward-jack-mckay

Oh, and they are both eligible for England the Rep of Ireland. The stage could be set for another massive own goal (or two) by the SFA :rolleyes:

Anyone know anything about these two lads playing for Doncaster Rovers and more importantly why they haven't been brought into our under-age teams yet ? Admittedly nothing to get too excited about yet but they seem to be attracting some attention from other clubs.

I thought the SFA said they were "casting the net wide" in the search for players ?

Paul McKay:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9553986/sky-sports-scout-reports-on-young-forward-jack-mckay

Jack McKay:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12028/9527537/sky-sports-scout-reports-on-young-forward-jack-mckay

Oh, and they are both eligible for England the Rep of Ireland. The stage could be set for another massive own goal (or two) by the SFA :rolleyes:

Never been one to understand why the SFA get a hard time over players pledging allegiance to other countries.

If players don't feel proud to be Scottish and pull on the dark blue then they can get tae. I want players who are proud to represent us and not those that want to be fawned over by the SFA to play for Scotland.

Paul McKay:

Jack McKay:

maybe they have & the lads aint interested

Never been one to understand why the SFA get a hard time over players pledging allegiance to other countries.

If players don't feel proud to be Scottish and pull on the dark blue then they can get tae. I want players who are proud to represent us and not those that want to be fawned over by the SFA to play for Scotland.

Agreed.

We've embarrassed ourselves too many times in the past grovelling to England rejects.

spot on

i see Neil was in the papers today saying McCarthy only had one choice as the Irish were the only ones interested at the time.

No he had another choice, he could have knuckled down and forced his way into the Scottish set up rather than take the easy option

I think some guys are getting ahead of themselves here.

There is no proof at all that they have rejected us.

Both are also Glasgow born but appear to have spent most of their lives down South. I honestly think this is a case of amateurish scouting from the SFA, more concerned about chasing granny rule players than two that were born up here. They waste enough time as it is chasing these Australian born players who use our youth teams to keep match fit and then reject us.

They should name them in a squad and see what the response from them is. If they say "I want to keep my options open", then feck them. If they want to play for us then great !

Edited by ErsatzThistle

spot on

i see Neil was in the papers today saying McCarthy only had one choice as the Irish were the only ones interested at the time.

No he had another choice, he could have knuckled down and forced his way into the Scottish set up rather than take the easy option

Ross Mathie is to blame for that.

Billy Reid at the time said the kid was on fire and they were constantly in contact with the SFA about getting someone to come down at take a look at him, yet because he was at Hamilton Accies nobody came to see him and the Irish came calling.

Why do you think Mathie was suddenly "retired" within weeks of the SFA overhauling its youth set up a few years back?

Ross Mathie is to blame for that.

Billy Reid at the time said the kid was on fire and they were constantly in contact with the SFA about getting someone to come down at take a look at him, yet because he was at Hamilton Accies nobody came to see him and the Irish came calling.

Why do you think Mathie was suddenly "retired" within weeks of the SFA overhauling its youth set up a few years back?

Because he's old?

Easy enough way to find out, he's basically at every Killie game home/away so I'll ask.

spot on

Who exactly was ahead of McCarthy at the time? They must have been some player.

Some random player from one of the old firms youth teams probably. Scotland have an embarrassing selection for under 21's and lower

That is precisely it. Chick Young interviewed Ross Mathie as he was retiring. And Young asked him to look out for and his answer was along the lines of - well I've got to pick one from Rangers and one from Celtic.